Best Hitchcock movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Best Hitchcock movie

Postby rocklobster » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:47 am

If you were to ask me who makes the scariest movies, I would say it's definitely Alfred Hitchcock. He made movies that were scary not because of the monsters, but because he shows us the evil of our own souls. Most of his movies could actually happen, and that's what makes them all the more frightening (I'm excluding The Birds. There's just no way that could happen). Sorry) So, since Halloween is when we celebrate everything scary, I'm celebrating Alfred Hitchcock. Here's my favorites:
Rear Window
Psycho (note: Only the original had anything to do with Hitchcock)
Vertigo
North By Northwest
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 am

My favorites are Rope and Rear Window.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:22 am

Dude, I still need to see Rope; I've heard it's awesome. XD

But yeah, Psycho, Notorious, Spellbound, and Rear Window are probably my favorites. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Atria35 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:55 am

Psycho
Rebecca
The Birds

top my list, but I haven't seen as many of his films as I would like.
Atria35

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:40 am

Psycho (I still like Psycho, but seeing to so many times, it just not scary anymore)

The 39 Steps

The Man Who Knew Too Much (both the 1934 and 1956 film)

Topaz

Foreign Correspondent

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby bigsleepj » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:12 am

Vertigo is the movie of his that shake me the most whenever I watch it. I also have something of a soft-spot for "The Birds".
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:13 pm

I've only seen Rebecca and Psycho, because I watched them for one of my courses and had to write a comparison/contrast paper between the two. But you're very right - the scariest thing about them is that stuff like this could actually happen in real life... That makes it scarier all the more, if you ask me.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Rocketshipper » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:55 pm

I havn;t seen all of his films, I may at some point, but these are my favorites of what I have seen

North By Northwest
Rebecca
Shadow of a Doubt
Rope
The Lady Vanishes
Family Plot

To be honest, most of the others I've seen of his I think are a bit overrated. And, I know this may come as a shocker for a lot of Hitchcock fans...but I *hated* Vertigo. Its my least favorite of the Hitchcock movies I've seen. I thought it was confusing and boring and that the plot ultimately went in a direction that was very uninteresting, and also kind of jarring (I know that the whole "mcguffin" concept is something that moves the plot along but is ultimately unimportant or not the real intended focus, but Vertigo was one instance were I found the "Mcguffin" much more interesting that the "real" focus of the movie)

Most of the movies of his I've seen I saw in a film class on hitchcock in college. It was pretty interesting. I wrote the final paper on "Dial M for Murder".
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Rocketshipper (post: 1431653) wrote:And, I know this may come as a shocker for a lot of Hitchcock fans...but I *hated* Vertigo. Its my least favorite of the Hitchcock movies I've seen. I thought it was confusing and boring and that the plot ultimately went in a direction that was very uninteresting, and also kind of jarring

I agree with you, though I always assumed it was just because I watched it when I was too young to understand all the subtleties that make it such a masterpiece. It didn't interest me much at all]Crime and Punishment;[/i] anything that reminds me of Dostoyevsky is good in my book XD

Of his movies, my favorites are The Man Who Knew Too Much and Rear Window (the latter for its unique approach to storytelling and the former for its riveting plot and the connection of the title to one of my favorite comedies).
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Warrior4Christ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:15 pm

The only one I remember seeing is North By Northwest... and I need to see Rear Window.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Psycho has the #1 spot on my list. Even though I've seen it a few times and know the plot, it was still put together perfectly. Bernard Herrmann's score really sells it too.

North By Northwest, 'cause James Mason is awesome.

Vertigo

I Confess

Spellbound

Unfortunately, Rear Window is not on my list. It just didn't grab at me like the others did. I saw Rebecca and Notorious when I was barely into my teens, so I didn't get a lot of what was taking place. Willing to give them a second chance.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:07 am

K. Ayato (post: 1432854) wrote:Bernard Herrmann's score really sells it too.

I gotta say, that was the scariest element of the whole movie.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to General Entertainment