Sym-Bionic Titan premieres 9/17!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby battletech » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 am

It was Wednesday at 7:00PM eastren. I think.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:31 pm

So I guess Wednesday night is the new night for the show?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:01 pm

I meant to bump this thread before the season premier, but forgot. ^^;;

And yes, it's on Wednesdays now. I wouldn't have known either if my younger siblings didn't watch cartoons most mornings, and saw an ad for it.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby rocklobster » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:23 pm

So now I have to set my DVD-recorder for 6 pm my time on Wednesday. Oh, Crappy Network, why didn't you do what was working for me and keeping it on Fridays? This is one of the reasons I can't stand Crappy Network.
Note to anyone who will get after me for not calling CN by its right name. If and when they learn their lesson and start playing cartoons 24/7/365 again, I will call them Cartoon Network. Until then, I won't.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:34 pm

I think it plays again on Saturday at 9:30 am EST. You should probably verify that, though, because I heard it second-hand.

FllMtl Novelist

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:01 am

Yeah, after I saw your update, I checked a tv guide online and set up my recorder. I'm actually an hour behind Crappy Network's schedule ads.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:16 pm

I haven't seen anything officially confirmed yet, but it looks like CN won't be buying any more than the original twenty episodes. If you go to the sources on Wikipedia, you'll find a blog that supposedly has a CN insider.

Also, the show has been moved to showing on Saturday mornings at 9:30 EST.

And... [spoiler]THEY KILLED OCTUS!!!! O.O[/spoiler]

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Wolf-man » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah they canceled the show unfortunately. Why? Get this...because it didn't have enough toys. I really hate CN right now. I mean what a really dumb reason to cancel a show. Plus that is the second time they canceled a show from that director. I mean let him finish a show for heaven's sake!
Wolf-man

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:55 pm

Tell me this is an April Fool's joke. :<
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:00 am

Roy Mustang

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:54 pm

That is the dumbest reason for cancellation ever. The show has plenty of toy potential, but I don't see them making any merchandise at all. You can't sell what you don't make!
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:16 pm

Thank you, Roy, for posting a source.

I wish it was an April Fool's joke. Sym-Bionic Titan was my favorite show on CN. :l

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:54 pm

So they have giant robots and monsters and stuff they can make great action figures out of, and they sit on the license. Then they claim they aren't selling toys (because there aren't any) and then use that as an excuse to cancel the show.

...Yeah.

Part of it could be that it's a little more adult than the average CN action show, with an audience to match, and teenagers don't buy as many toys so they didn't think it worth it to make them in the first place. However, it caters towards the anime and adult fans who DO buy action figures, and it's still a stupid, circular reason to cancel it considering that they didn't make any in the first place.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:40 pm

There must be some other reason why they're not renewing it. I don't buy this "no merchandise" BS. Wasn't there some minor controversy about some of the show's content or something like that? It's already rated TV-PG so I don't see what the big deal would be. Or perhaps that's exactly the reason they're canning it-- it's maybe a little mature for the under 13 set. Cartoon Network doesn't seem to care about the older demographic much. Problem is, I don't think SBT would fit in on Adult Swim, either. Bah, the whole thing is stupid. Are there no networks out there anymore that are willing to support shows like this?

I admit that I kind of fell behind in watching this show-- I don't have cable so it's hard to keep up. But now that I'm caught up, I'm even MORE angry that this show may not get to run its course. It's seriously so much better than I ever thought it was going to be.

Also Lance is totally BA.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Wolf-man » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:18 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1469128) wrote:There must be some other reason why they're not renewing it. I don't buy this "no merchandise" BS. Wasn't there some minor controversy about some of the show's content or something like that?

The "no merchandising makes" sense that it would be the only reason. The companies don't care about the creativity of the show or how well written it is they only care about making money and merchandise is a big part of that money making process. So if there is no merchandise or the merchandise isn't selling then they are losing profit. The thing I don't understand is why they don't make merchandise but then again I think someone one here said something along the lines of If the toy companies do not see a profit being made from the toys then they won't bother to manufacture them.
Wolf-man

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:14 pm

But if merch was such a big deal to them why'd they greenlight the show without any merch to sell?

In any case, I am so tired of shows ending on cliffhangers! I want to know what happens!
。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby rocklobster » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Come on, it's Crappy Network! They never care what we think!:mutter:
It gets worse folks, take a gander at what's replacing it: The Problem Solvers
(Well, at least it's a cartoon.)

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:22 am

rocklobster (post: 1469465) wrote:Come on, it's Crappy Network!
Hey.

Hey, Rocklobster.

I think...I think I'm just starting to get this joke.

You should probably repeat it several more times though. Just to be safe.
Fish and Chips

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:50 pm

The blame game needs to stop with CN on this matter as it really is not their fault for it not being renewed. They tried to do everything in their power to save this show and they tried to get it a toyline, but they weren't able to. Without merchandise, they don't have enough money to make more episodes because of the bigger budget that it had than Adventure Time or Regular. But because this show had a bigger budget then some of the other shows that are on CN, they needed more then just ratings for this, which would have been merchandise to help pay for the bigger budget of this show.

Genndy Tartakovsky sign on with Sony Pictures Animation is now working for them just as the news about SBT not going to be renewed.
Roy Mustang

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:11 pm

So apparently you can buy this series on iTunes and PSN, but on PSN it's like $2 per episode, which means it's $40 to own the whole thing. Ouch. Apparently CN is having a sale on complete season sets on iTunes, but...I don't know if I really want to install iTunes. :I
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:23 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1469601) wrote:So apparently you can buy this series on iTunes and PSN, but on PSN it's like $2 per episode, which means it's $40 to own the whole thing. Ouch. Apparently CN is having a sale on complete season sets on iTunes, but...I don't know if I really want to install iTunes. :I
Everything I've bought off of iTunes has the sound off, so I wouldn't go for it.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Sounds like a codec problem maybe?

Anyway, to buy the whole series on iTunes it's about $25 while the sale is going on. I'm thinking of buying it just to show support.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Sheol777 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:45 am

If they go through with this...

Why can't Tartakovsky catch a break?

Clone Wars and Samurai Jack were cancelled before their time too! They were great!

(New Clone Wars isn't bad, but still)
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:31 am

Sheol777 wrote:If they go through with this...

Why can't Tartakovsky catch a break?

Clone Wars and Samurai Jack were cancelled before their time too! They were great!

(New Clone Wars isn't bad, but still)

It's a done deal. Genndy Tartakovsky has already sign on with Sony Pictures Animation.

Tell you the truth, from what I have been reading. This was just a pet project that Tartakovsky was doing and I really think maybe that he doesn't really care that it is renewed at all.
Roy Mustang

Postby battletech » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:53 pm

:bootout:Looks like the last episode was the last episode. It's not on the guide for this Saturday or the next. That leaves only one good show left on CN in my opinion.:bang::mutter::sniffle:
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Sheol777 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:24 am

Wikipedia page wrote:This episode is the final episode that aired of the show, an unofficial series finale.

So there you have it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sym-Bionic_Titan_episodes
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:23 pm

It's gone now and it's sad. :<

I liked the final episode, and knowing it was going to be the last one, I unfairly wish had it wrapped up more of the storyline. XD I guess I can fantasize about possible endings for a while.

I kinda wish General Steel wasn't so stereotypical though. :/ Ah well. It was a good show overall. A very good show.
battletech (post: 1471826) wrote::bootout:Looks like the last episode was the last episode. It's not on the guide for this Saturday or the next. That leaves only one good show left on CN in my opinion.:bang::mutter::sniffle:

I'm curious, what show is that?

FllMtl Novelist

Postby battletech » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:03 pm

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1472182) wrote:I'm curious, what show is that?

-whispers- clone wars
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Wolf-man » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:28 pm

battletech (post: 1472320) wrote:-whispers- batman: brave and the bold

fixed it for you. XD
Wolf-man

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:53 pm

So...

Favorite episodes of SBT?

Mine is probably either Disenfranchised, or Under the Three Moons. Really, I like them all except for The Demon Within. That one wasn't working for me.

Also, Lance <3 <3 <3 <3
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment