College Football 2010!!!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

College Football 2010!!!

Postby Peanut » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:24 pm

So College Football is coming up and, as usual, this is the thread for discussing all things in it...except for those sanctions hanging over WVU's head...actually you can talk about them as long as your slandering the former head coach who began them...yeah, I don't like Rich Rod...anyway, I'll have a College Football pick'em group up soonish.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:35 pm

If Rich Rod has another poor season at Mich, I think this will be his last season there.

The rest of this may tick off some USC fans, if we have any on the board. I'm glad Lane Kiffin left for his dream game in Cal. Really, the day that he left Tennessee, I was never upset that he was leaving, but was saying Oh thank God, he left! Lane can recruit players, but he sure can't coach. He was more of a recruiting person at USC as well as Ed Orgeron.

What bugs me is some of the USC fans have came out and said to Tennessee fans, your just mad, because you lost a great coach! Wait what? How is Kiffin a great coach. He went 7-6 last year and he is a great coach? Yes, Tennessee was down and they were in some of the ball games last year, but the Vols should have never lost to UCLA in Knoxville last year. Why are the USC fans not worried about that? He couldn't beat them last year with the Vols and where the Vols were down last year, they had better players then UCLA did last year and they still lost.

I really have no ill feelings to USC, but I will laugh at anytime that I see lane get beat since people think he is a great coach. Kiffin and Orgeron maybe more crooked then Rich Ron and a few other coaches put together.

Most of the players that they brought Knoxville are now part of the All American team at the Knox county jail! They will bring in the same kind of players to USC and before long, USC will be even a deeper hole then they are already are now.

All I can say is few more years will reveal his legacy and it will not be a pretty one and it will even be worst for USC.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:42 pm

USC's next couple years don't count anyhow... expect him to be out on his ear when the sanctions are off and USC decides to care about it's football program again... for now I'm betting the were just trying to fill the head coach position with... whoever would take the job.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Roy Mustang » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:48 pm

mechana2015 wrote:USC's next couple years don't count anyhow... expect him to be out on his ear when the sanctions are off and USC decides to care about it's football program again... for now I'm betting the were just trying to fill the head coach position with... whoever would take the job.

The bad thing is, I have a feeling that he will put them on more sanctions, before it is all said and done.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color]
[/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:56 am

BYU closer to independence

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:31 pm

Terrible news for the MWC but probably a good move for BYU. They could manage pretty well as an independent based off of their passes success and it would guarantee them a chance to play Utah each year...well, it would at least make it easier scheduling wise then if they were in completely different conferences.

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Just as talks about BYU becoming independence, this happens!

Nevada, Fresno State move to MWC

Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Finally, after way too long, I've made the Pick'em group. All you need to play is a yahoo ID and the following information.

Group Name: CAA Pick'em
password: blah
Group ID #: 16983

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:02 am

BYU will go Independent in football

Big Ten reveals divisional breakdown

And just a few hours away from kicking off college football for this year.

Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:47 pm

So far, South Carolina is looking decent, Pitt is looking ok, and Rutgers...well...it could be a long year...

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Darn it So Miss, why can't you go pop the Old ball Coach in the mouth.

Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:38 am

I realize at some point Florida is going to wake up and start playing, but the fact that Miami (OH) has been as successful as they have against Florida is pretty funny. I would love nothing more then to see Florida lose to them to start out this year.

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:46 am

I wish Fla would play like this, when Tenn plays them.

Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1421953) wrote:I wish Fla would play like this, when Tenn plays them.

They might.

Also, Michigan is looking like the old WVU (grr...) and WVU is suffering from sub par offensive line play and a quarterback who needs to calm down.

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Peanut wrote:WVU is suffering from sub par offensive line play and a quarterback who needs to calm down.

Is that game on TV or ESPN 3?

I wish that I could see the BYU and Wash game. Right now, I'm watching the ND vs Purdue game.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang [/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:53 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1422007) wrote:Is that game on TV or ESPN 3?

ESPN3 and pay per view. WVU's been solid on Defense and absolutely sluggish on Offense. Devine's been putting the ball on the turf too much, the O-line's been below average and Geno Smith looks like a young quarterback making his first start.

Edit: WVU has won 31-0, and, despite the things I listed about the offense, looked dominant the for the majority of the game. I have to say that I'm feeling a lot better about this year after this game then I have the previous two years. Also, Jacksonville St. only down by 2 to Ole Miss?! What is going on here?

Edit of the Edit: Make that tied Ole Miss. Well, here's your week one surprise (kind of).

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Jacksonville St. 49

Ole Miss 48

I think Nutt may need start putting up his house for sell.

Roy Mustang

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Hokies fall to 0-2 after loss to FCS James Madison.

Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1423494) wrote:Hokies fall to 0-2 after loss to FCS James Madison.

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. The only thing I can think that is sort of close to what's happen to the Hookies was what happened a few years ago to Michigan. We'll se if they can turn it around like Michigan did.

Also, since I didn't say anything on Friday, 10-0 thanks to Marshall being unable to get it done again. Still, I'm insanely worried about these next two games. Maryland could upset us and LSU is probably going to kill us. My only hope is that Geno Smith will stay healthy during these next two games because if he doesn't, this season will go down hill fast.

Peanut

Postby Peanut » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Oh how the mighty have fallen...Cincinnati looks terrible. I thought they were going to have a down year but even this is worse then I was expecting.

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Shows how good Brian Kelly was as a coach. I mean, where I felt they would have a down year, but they have most of their players back from last years team.

This may sound mean, but I'm glad that Cincinnati is failing. Since they get good, most fans for Cincinnati have been jerks. I remember how they trash Tennessee, when they thought Kelly may go there before Lame Kitten came to Ktown.

I was never a born fan of ND or anything, did like to pull for Navy to beat them, but I always love the 80's when Holt's was there and they had good games. Now I want to see Kelly do well at ND and win a NC title just to make Cincinnati fans feel even worst.

Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:40 pm

It's not mean, I'm enjoying every second of them being smacked around. The thing is, I'm not sure Brian Kelly was that great of a coach. I think him, and Cincinnati the last two years, benefited from a weakened Big East. I think the league was much stronger from 2005-2007 then the last two years. This shows in how Cincinnati was completely unable of even showing up in the BCS bowl games they went too. What I'm tying to get to is if you lined the 2009 Bearcats against the 2007 Mountaineers, the Mountaineers would probably crush them. Anyone who tries to argue this needs to look at the matchups (WVU's offense was better then the Cincy's defense and WVU's defense would have been good enough to slow down Cincy's offense) and the wins (WVU's biggest win was against an insanely talented Oklahoma team while Cincy's was against a good Pitt team). So, yeah, I'm enjoying this beat down even though it hurts the Big East's image...big time...

Also, I don't want to see Kelly do well because I can at least relate to the Cincy fans in terms of being mad at him for how he left. Sure, he left better then Rich Rod, but there are enough parallel's for me to not like the guy (though, I really wanted him to beat Rich Rod last week...and he failed...).

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:47 pm

BYU 16

Utah State 31

HAHAHAHA!

Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1428517) wrote:BYU 16

Utah State 31

HAHAHAHA!

Yeah, I saw that...think BYU is reconsidering going into independence?

Also...I hope you guys pummel LSU tomorrow...

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Peanut wrote:Yeah, I saw that...think BYU is reconsidering going into independence?

Also...I hope you guys pummel LSU tomorrow...

The only thing that may get pummel is LSU fans at the tailgate parties that will happen before and after the game.

Not to be a downer for my Vols but just trying to take the licks this year as it could be a long year for us.

Then again, LSU QB can't pass to save his life! Plus the LSU vs WVU game was 20 - 14. I wasn't one of them, but many in the south thought that LSU would beat tar out of them and where I hate that WVU didn't beat them, they did shut up some of the fans as for thinking they were better then they were.

LSU is the worst 4-0 team in the SEC.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Musang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby TWWK » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Here's hoping UT beats OU tomorrow so that our season doesn't go down in flames...
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:38 am

Roy Mustang (post: 1428531) wrote:Then again, LSU QB can't pass to save his life! Plus the LSU vs WVU game was 20 - 14. I wasn't one of them, but many in the south thought that LSU would beat tar out of them and where I hate that WVU didn't beat them, they did shut up some of the fans as for thinking they were better then they were.

LSU is the worst 4-0 team in the SEC.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Musang[/color][/font]

Actually, after watching the LSU game, I think they could win the SEC...if they realize that they aren't a passing team. Honestly, there were times in that game where I was yelling at the playcalling...of LSU. Really, why are you passing three straight times when you have a running back whose gained 100 yards and has clearly worn down the defense you are playing? If they playcalling wasn't laughably bad, LSU might be challenging for the SEC title this year. Still, they are the worst 4-0 team in the SEC right now...just because they don't play to their strengths on Offense.

Peanut

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:32 pm

16-14

16-14

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Peanut » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Roy Mustang (post: 1428679) wrote:16-14

16-14

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]

I saw the end...just wow man...that is the kind of loss you hate to have...

Also TWWK, I'm sorry for your loss as well...

Peanut

Postby TWWK » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Peanut (post: 1428683) wrote:Also TWWK, I'm sorry for your loss as well...

Ahhhh...oh well, I kind of figured it was coming. This is a very down year for UT...
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Next

Return to General Entertainment