Toy Story 3

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:02 pm

[quote="ST. Attidude (post: 1403946)"]The Incredibles for one thing, was the least original film (in my mind)]

Interesting; I found The Incredibles to be the best of their movies (haven't seen TS3 yet) because they were referencing and homaging other superhero stories and other movies (A Mr. Blofeld called - he wants his island monorail base back), but they still made a good superhero movie in its own right. After all, it's not like super-strength, speed and elasticity are uncommon superpowers. Anyway, that's just my thought.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby steenajack » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:04 pm

OMGOSH! I saw this movie yesterday. So GOOD! Loved it so much I could cry. XD! I'm starting to like Andy as a character, he kinda reminds me of my bro a little. XD! That's it, I'm going to do fanart of him. Maybe even the rest of the characters XD!

EDIT: BOOYAH! TOTORO WAS IN IT! XDDDDDD! That pleased the otaku in me...and my whole family. XD!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:17 pm

steenajack (post: 1404769) wrote:OMGOSH! I saw this movie yesterday. So GOOD! Loved it so much I could cry. XD! I'm starting to like Andy as a character, he kinda reminds me of my bro a little. XD! That's it, I'm going to do fanart of him. Maybe even the rest of the characters XD!

EDIT: BOOYAH! TOTORO WAS IN IT! XDDDDDD! That pleased the otaku in me...and my whole family. XD!

I have heard of Totoro....not seen it yet....WHERE WAS TOTORO???

And Steena-chan, did you see this film 2D or 3D?
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby ADXC » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Keep your eyes peeled AG, he's to be found near the end of the film. At least, that's the one I saw anyway. I'm not sure if there were multiple Totoro. XD
ADXC

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:20 pm

ADXC (post: 1404831) wrote:Keep your eyes peeled AG, he's to be found near the end of the film. At least, that's the one I saw anyway. I'm not sure if there were multiple Totoro. XD

XD He shows up both then and earlier in the film when Woody goes to Bonnie's house for the first time. XD I thought it was great that they added Totoro to the movie, though! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby steenajack » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:29 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1404828) wrote:I have heard of Totoro....not seen it yet....WHERE WAS TOTORO???

And Steena-chan, did you see this film 2D or 3D?

Totoro was in a few scenes, but here's one of them:
http://geektyrant.com/storage/thumbnails/5246060-5740605-thumbnail.jpg

I saw it 3D. :3! Awesome!

BTW, if you have not seen My Neighbor Totoro, go and watch it ASAP! It's a Miyazaki/Ghibli film so you most likely will like it. There is a review for it here on this site....okay, I'd better not get off topic. lol XD!
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Nate » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:31 pm

ST. Attidude wrote:And as for the worst Pixar villain, Syndrome, he could not have left the screen fast enough...

What? Worse than that dude from Monsters, Inc.? Come on. :l Besides how many Pixar films even HAVE villains? There's like...A Bug's Life...and Monsters, Inc. And The Incredibles. And that's pretty much it.

Also note that an antagonist is not the same as a villain. For example, the critic in Ratatoullie is an antagonist, but not a villain.
[quote]My opinion on Wall-E is similar to Nate's on Up]
I don't get what you mean. A Nickelodeon toon? How exactly? It was a little robot dude trying to get to the robot chick he loved. It was heartwarming. Yeah, it was a little goofy, but come on. You expect a Pixar movie to be all SUPER SERIOUS about that kind of thing? The Incredibles was probably the most serious movie they've made, and even that wasn't completely serious (note: I say this without ever having seen A Bug's Life, so my statement may not be accurate).

And if you didn't love the part in outer space with the fire extinguisher, you have no heart. There, I said it. I'd say it again if I had to. :p

EDIT: Oh wait I forgot I have to add a smiley face every time I'm joking.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby TGJesusfreak » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:29 am

Haven't seen it yet. I hope to soon though haha.

However there will always be something creepy to be said about all those toys that run around when you're not looking.... I swear to you that one of 'em took my sock...
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby ST. Attidude » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 am

Saw TS3 last Tuesday, and I gotta say, perhaps the best "3" film I've ever seen...Ice Age 3 was really good too, but it was certainly not as emotional...the ending was amazing.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby goldenspines » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:20 am

I never expect too much out of sequels, even from Pixar, but I must say, Toy Story 3 was pretty great. I was impressed how much ground they covered and all the loose ends they tied up at the end.
The story was kind of go, go, go throughout, but they did have enough time for some character development (especially for the new characters).

Also:
[spoiler] I'm still trying to figure out why I loved the part where Barbie was interrogating Ken by ripping up his outfits. XD; I was laughing so much.

I loved Bonnie's "actor" toys too.

And, the CLAW! O: [/spoiler]

The ending was everything one could hope for to conclude the Toy Story movies, I think.

Concerning other Pixar movies, their "unoriginality" is what makes them a cut above the rest. They can take something simple/ordinary that maybe you've heard of (like monsters in your closet, the fable of the ant and the grasshopper, or even superheroes) and explore it, ask "what would happen if?", and go from there. That being said, I don't think any Pixar movie is better or worse than the others. I think they are all unique and clever in their own way.
goldenspines

Postby ST. Attidude » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:40 am

Nate (post: 1404852) wrote:(note: I say this without ever having seen A Bug's Life, so my statement may not be accurate).

And if you didn't love the part in outer space with the fire extinguisher, you have no heart. There, I said it. I'd say it again if I had to. :p

No I actually liked that part a lot. And A Bug's Life is definitely worth your time. ;)
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Nate » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Finally saw it tonight, and man was it good.

I don't know if it edges out WALL-E as my favorite Pixar film but...it's close. Really close. After seeing it, all I can say is I wish that someone would make a picture of Armond White with the caption "Trolling is a art."

Because seriously this movie was fantastic. I went into it expecting to be past my expectations and it even went beyond that. I know that sentence doesn't make sense!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby AnimeGirl » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:28 pm

Just saw it in 3D today. AND I FINALLY SAW TOTORO!!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

AnimeGirl

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:51 pm

AnimeGirl (post: 1405881) wrote:Just saw it in 3D today. AND I FINALLY SAW TOTORO!!!

Totally expecting a review of it on your blog! :lol::thumb:
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:52 pm

Atria35 (post: 1405892) wrote:Totally expecting a review of it on your blog! :lol::thumb:

You mean the Totoro movie??? If so, yes definantly! ^.^

AnimeGirl

Postby armeck » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:18 am

i saw it! it was great! made me and several other people cry! XD
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Popyman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:46 pm

^ Pretty sure that was shot down as untrue a while ago. There might be more Toy Story shorts but no fourth movie.
Popyman

Previous

Return to General Entertainment