Toy Story 3

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Toy Story 3

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:50 pm

No spoilers here, just a note:

If you have seen Toy Story and Toy Story 2, you must see this. Period.

Even if you aren't familiar with the original (my wife had not seen either of the previous films), I think you will enjoy it (she certainly did).

Do so before the spoilers on the 'net become prolific...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:54 pm

Saw it today, it was excellent!
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Okami » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Saw it last night. I cried. And I'm personally a little bit jealous of those who graduated high school this year and are heading to college, it feels kind of like this movie is for them. :)
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Rocketshipper » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:00 pm

Saw it. Thought it was great. Not only the best out of the Toy Story series, but possibly my favorite Pixar movie after WALL-E. Eye popping animation, a great story that brought a sense of closure to the series with some amazingly emotional scenes, and some hilarious and great jokes, new characters, and nostalgic callbacks to the previous movies. Also had some truly epic action sequences. My personal favorite parts of the movie were anything involivng Barbi and Ken, and Spanish Buzz.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:02 pm

Great movie could easily be pixars best
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Oh man! I can't wait to see it! Or I can, but I am waiting to see it with my Betrothed in two weeks! We are both so excited!!! Being ToyStory and Pixar diehard fans!!! :D :D :D

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Cloud500 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Hopefully I'll make it to the theatre to see it this week. Judging from Toy Story 2 and the great reviews for this film, Pixar has a talent for making good sequels.

(Although I'm dreading the Cars sequel...)
Cloud500

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:26 pm

Saw it today- this was an amazing, fantastic addition to the series (though the 3D didn't have the magic it did for HTTYD- this looked like it had been orig. made in 2D and then the 3D stuff was an afterthought. That was fine, though, since my fam will be buying it in 2D anyway!). It also hit a particularly poigniant note for my mom and me, since I'm moving out this August to (finally) go away to college and finish my degree, and we're both going to have to deal with my leaving, and what's going to stay with and be left behind.

But I thought that it was on-par with the first movie. Absolutely wonderful.
Atria35

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:50 pm

As I posted in another thread, I saw this today. I didn't cry, but it was really good. Again, recommended. If you're cynical because it's the third Toy Story (like I was, somewhat) and have low expectations, I don't think you will be disappointed. It's very good.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:29 pm

I saw it on Friday and it was amazing. I have new respect for Barbie, especially after her whole government line. That was hilarious, XD.

Pixar hasn't disappointed me yet. How did you guys like the short at the beginning? I thought it was pretty awesome.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:39 pm

I saw this opening day and oh my gosh I loved it so much. I cried. XD This is the second movie that has ever made me shed tears (the first was Up). XD I thought it was a perfect ending to the series, though. Excellent, excellent movie! Also, yes, the "Night and Day" short was incredible. An incredibly creative integration of 2D and 3D animation, and it included a poignant message, to boot! I loved it. XD Pixar keeps topping themselves!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sheenar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:44 pm

I saw it yesterday. Great movie. Hard to believe that I was 14 when the first movie came out. A very good message at the end --definitely unselfish.

The short at the beginning was very interesting. At first I was like, "Huh?" But as it went on, I did wind up liking it. A different approach, but a good one.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:48 pm

The ending was just phenomenally beautiful. No other words can describe it other than that: Beautiful.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Sheenar (post: 1402582) wrote:Hard to believe that I was 14 when the first movie came out.

Yeah, definitely! I was six years old when I saw the first Toy Story in theaters! That blows my mind, and it also contributed to making me incredibly nostalgic by the end of the movie. XD I mean, I grew up with these movies, and I think that makes it kind of special. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby LadyRushia » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:14 pm

I was so happy about the many references they made to the first movie because that's really where all the nostalgia is for most people. Also, Totoro.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1402588) wrote:Yeah, definitely! I was six years old when I saw the first Toy Story in theaters! That blows my mind, and it also contributed to making me incredibly nostalgic by the end of the movie. XD I mean, I grew up with these movies, and I think that makes it kind of special. XD

I totally agree, I remember watching TS1 when it came out in theaters, one of the very very few movies I ever watched in the theaters with my family! :D Yup! I grew up on the Toy Stories too and I loved 'em! Oh wow! all these comments are making me go crazy for want of watching the movie!!! XD And I know my Betrothed will love it too!!! :D :D :D

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby mastersquirrel » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:46 am

I saw it with my brother this past Friday and was very impressed. Hands down the best of the Toy Story movies and is tied with Wall-E and The Incredibles for my favorite Pixar film.

Cloud500 (post: 1402515) wrote:(Although I'm dreading the Cars sequel...)

I have my reservations about that movie as well. Cars is last on my list of Pixar films (though I still enjoyed it) but if Pixar's track record with sequels is any indication this might just be better than the first.
[SIZE="1"]"If there's one thing that I know, it's that I know more than one thing." - Master Squirrel[/SIZE]
mastersquirrel

Postby Cloud500 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:13 pm

mastersquirrel (post: 1402655) wrote:I have my reservations about that movie as well. Cars is last on my list of Pixar films (though I still enjoyed it) but if Pixar's track record with sequels is any indication this might just be better than the first.

One can only hope...
Cloud500

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Well, did you notice that Pixar seems to get better as it goes along? Perhaps Cars2 will rock the socks off Cars!

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby AnimeGirl » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:15 pm

I SO wanna see this! I didn't see Toy Story 1 in theaters (saw it when it was already on video) but I did see the sequeal in the theaters! Both films were pure awesomeness, and I'm pretty sure this one won't let me down! I mean, come on! I don't care how old you are....who doesn't want to see a movie about your favorite toys alive when you're not around??? Unleash the kid within you!!!!

Well, I'm 17, so I'm kinda still a kid XD!!!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:09 pm

TOTORO!!!

Anyway, I freaking loved it. Just got back from the theater a little bit ago. Moving and hilarious.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ST. Attidude » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:36 am

mastersquirrel (post: 1402655) wrote:I saw it with my brother this past Friday and was very impressed. Hands down the best of the Toy Story movies and is tied with Wall-E and The Incredibles for my favorite Pixar film.

I have my reservations about that movie as well. Cars is last on my list of Pixar films (though I still enjoyed it) but if Pixar's track record with sequels is any indication this might just be better than the first.

This is where I actually disagree with you, my friend...The Incredibles was, I think, the worst film from Pixar, followed by Wall-E, and then Cars; with that film, our opinions are not far from each other, although I find it interesting that Cars was also directed by John Lasseter (director of the Toy Stories).

I'm hoping to see TS3 this week...
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:08 pm

'Toy Story' Narrowly Misses Perfect Trilogy Marks

"Thursday, 'Toy Story 3' had a shot at something special -- it stood to propel the three films into history, becoming the only trilogy rated 100 percent fresh across the board on Rotten Tomatoes.

Friday, that hope was dashed. As Roger Ebert and others predicted, notoriously contrary New York Press film critic Armond White dissed the third installment in Pixar's flagship franchise. White's review deems the nearly universally acclaimed film "essentially a bored [sic] game that only the brainwashed will buy into" and posits the series is only fit for "non-thinking children and adults."

What? Fail.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Cloud500 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:23 pm

[quote="ST. Attidude (post: 1402914)"]This is where I actually disagree with you, my friend...The Incredibles was, I think, the worst film from Pixar, followed by Wall-E, and then Cars]

How did did you not like The Incredibles or Wall-E?
Cloud500

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:57 pm

ST. Attidude (post: 1402914) wrote:This is where I actually disagree with you, my friend...The Incredibles was, I think, the worst film from Pixar, followed by Wall-E, and then Cars]

I am always amazed to see which Pixar movies come out on top as people's favorites and least favorites. XD The Incredibles was practically an animated comic book, and I know a lot of people, myself included, loved it for that. XD And Wall-E is my favorite film of theirs! The creativity that went into the storytelling methods they used was fantastic, the animation was beautiful, and the message was well-integrated, too. XD I will agree that Cars is definitely their least inspired film, though I'm hoping they'll redeem themselves with the upcoming sequel. XD Pixar never makes a sequel without a good purpose, so I'm expecting good things. XD

Sheenar (post: 1402947) wrote:Friday, that hope was dashed. As Roger Ebert and others predicted, notoriously contrary New York Press film critic Armond White dissed the third installment in Pixar's flagship franchise. White's review deems the nearly universally acclaimed film "essentially a bored [sic] game that only the brainwashed will buy into" and posits the series is only fit for "non-thinking children and adults."

Yeah, because a reviewer who can't spell "board game" properly and doesn't know where his prepositions are supposed to be is definitely a credible source. XD What a failboat! Toy Story 3 definitely deserves top marks! XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1402869) wrote:TOTORO!!!

Ahhh! You noticed this, too! I nearly freaked when I noticed, and mentioned it to my brother.... He thought it was pretty neat, but my mom was pretty much clueless since she doesn't follow any animators/animation studios other than Disney. :shake:
Atria35

Postby AnimeGirl » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:27 pm

I just saw it today and I was BLOWN AWAY!!!! I mean, I expected it to blow away the first two, but it went BEYOND what I expected and totally slaughtered the first two (though I still love em! ^.^). By far my fave. Toy Story 3 is a masterpiece. My dad and I plan to see it again in 3D this time ^.^

And yes, I did cry at the emotional parts.
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Nate » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:35 pm

I can't decide whether Up or WALL-E is my favorite Pixar film, but I'm leaning towards WALL-E even though the first like ten minutes of Up is some of the most brilliant stuff ever to be put to film.
Armond White

Armond White is, quite simply, a troll, and should be ignored. Basically take the general view of a movie, and White will say the opposite. He praised Transformers 2 as brilliant, but said District 9 was terrible. He said Land of the Lost was great, but Up was crap. The guy said High School Musical 3 was one of the best movies of the year. When you think Armond White, there's only one logical thing to think:

Even Roger Ebert is quoted as saying,

It is baffling to me that a critic could praise Transformers 2 but not Synecdoche, NY. Or Death Race but not There Will Be Blood. I am forced to conclude that White is, as charged, a troll. A smart and knowing one, but a troll. My defense of his specific review of District 9 still stands.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ST. Attidude » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

Cloud500 (post: 1402954) wrote:How did did you not like The Incredibles or Wall-E?

The Incredibles for one thing, was the least original film (in my mind);
They basically made the Fantastic Four into a family, and moved the abilities around a bit (A stretchy mom instead of a dude, Mr. Incredible has The Thing's strength but then another family member can turn into the something like the Thing, and the Silver Surfer, and the Human Torch)...and Dash is just like Flash (I know that Flash is not of the F4 but I'm just saying) but in elementary school (their names even rhyme OMG what a coinky-dink!)...
And as for the worst Pixar villain, Syndrome, he could not have left the screen fast enough...

My opinion on Wall-E is similar to Nate's on Up; the opening was also absolutely breathtaking; but as soon as the Human colony showed up, the rest of the film had all this oddity that felt like a Nickelodeon toon...
not exactly what you would expect from Pixar.
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby ADXC » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Well, I saw it today and loved it! I remember when I was 5 when I watched the first Toy Story, so this was a nice surprise and ending to the long awaited third movie. It hits me too because I first went off to college last year(Going back again this year and I may have to go through some of my old stuff.) and it was tough, but I did.

Can't wait for next the Pixar movie!

Also, I saw Totoro as well!
ADXC

Next

Return to General Entertainment