Doctor Who Fans?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Doubleshadow » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Doctor Who! Hit or miss, but aren't most shows like that? XD One of my favorite episodes is the one with the library in the little girls mind. The idea for the collars just great.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 am

So my suitemate and I have been introducing the Doctor to our other suitemate, and have watched pretty much all of season 5 in the last 24 hours (with around three episodes to go because it is snowing all the time outside and there's not much else to do). XD Also can I just say that Vincent and the Doctor is the best episode ever? Seriously, I have seen it twice now and have gotten choked up both times. It's seriously so good. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:36 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1450188) wrote:On a related note, I just watched the first two episodes of Torchwood. Loved ep 1, but ep 2 seemed a bit excessive. I'm sure that on the whole it's a solid series.

Generally speaking I tend to have trouble taking the series seriously. Its just kind of... silly, if you ask me.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1450349) wrote:So my suitemate and I have been introducing the Doctor to our other suitemate, and have watched pretty much all of season 5 in the last 24 hours (with around three episodes to go because it is snowing all the time outside and there's not much else to do). XD Also can I just say that Vincent and the Doctor is the best episode ever? Seriously, I have seen it twice now and have gotten choked up both times. It's seriously so good. XD

Oh yes. Very good. I really like that episode a lot, but you know, I think the overall quality of the episodes goes up with every season. Season 1 had a lot of silly, not-so-great episodes, but as time goes by, the number of awful episodes in a series decreases. I can't think of any in Season 5 that I particularly hated. The last one in recent memory that I can recall hating was "The Doctor's Daughter" (SO MUCH HATE HOLY WOW).
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:21 pm

So I've watched a couple more Tennant episodes, and he continues to be really solid. I just finished the episode with Sarah Jane Smith, and I think the scene with K9 at the end was pretty heart-wrenching for someone who's never seen anything pre-reboot.

Also, before I was like "Whatever" about Rose, but now I'm more like "What a jerk!".
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Yuki-Anne wrote:Oh yes. Very good. I really like that episode a lot, but you know, I think the overall quality of the episodes goes up with every season. Season 1 had a lot of silly, not-so-great episodes, but as time goes by, the number of awful episodes in a series decreases. I can't think of any in Season 5 that I particularly hated. The last one in recent memory that I can recall hating was "The Doctor's Daughter" (SO MUCH HATE HOLY WOW).

When I watch the [Spoiler]"Jenny dying"[/spoiler] scene, I just can't bring myself to take it seriously. Not only for the dialogue, but for the expression on the Doctor's face. It's his eyes. They crack me up!:lol:
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Htom Sirveaux (post: 1450484) wrote:When I watch the [Spoiler]"Jenny dying"[/spoiler] scene, I just can't bring myself to take it seriously. Not only for the dialogue, but for the expression on the Doctor's face. It's his eyes. They crack me up!:lol:

Okay, that is priceless. It's like he knew it was just a filler episode and nobody would like it.
Yuki-Anne

Postby eternalprincess » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:16 pm

My friends recently introduced me to Dr. Who. So yes, I'm fairly new in the game (just started the second season) but I am enjoying it so far.

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:31 pm

This Christmas, I told my mom how excited I was about Andrew Garfield being Spiderman. She didn't know who that was, so I showed her Daleks in Manhattan and The Evolution of the Daleks. Now she knows. XD

Also, I've heard David Tennant might play Thranduil in The Hobbit. I wish they would hurry up and confirm it.

On a more strictly Doctor Who note, what do you guys think is the cheesiest moment in the new series?

For me, it is this moment from Voyage of the Damned. I just can't take it seriously!
Yuki-Anne

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:15 am

I don't know about the new series, but the old series definitely had cheesy stuff. In "Day of the Daleks" (during the Pertwee era), someone thought the Daleks needed some muscle, so we got some ape-like Orgons. And there's the infamous humans in bubble wrap in "The Ark in Space" (Tom Baker era).
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:28 am

The Ark in Space was my first Doctor Who episode ever, actually. I was a little kid and it freaked me out, bubble wrap and all. XD
Yuki-Anne

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:07 am

Yuki-Anne (post: 1451466) wrote:This Christmas, I told my mom how excited I was about Andrew Garfield being Spiderman. She didn't know who that was, so I showed her Daleks in Manhattan and The Evolution of the Daleks. Now she knows. XD

Wait. Wait.

Andrew Garfield guest stars somewhere in Doctor Who?

That is so unbelievably cool. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1451547) wrote:Wait. Wait.

Andrew Garfield guest stars somewhere in Doctor Who?

That is so unbelievably cool. XD

Daleks in Manhattan and The Evolution of the Daleks. They're season 3 episodes. And he actually has a decently large part in them. I think they're decent episodes period. A little goofy, but that's Doctor Who. You should definitely watch them. ^_^
Yuki-Anne

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:19 pm

RD, you should check out the David Tennant run for another reason: he was a Death Eater.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby bigsleepj » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:59 pm

The Daleks in Manhatten was very disappointing for me. It was just embarrassingly, actually. But I'll admit, Garfield played his role well.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby GeneD » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:02 am

I am happy to say that I am starting to get used to Matt Smith as the Doctor and not just some dude who stole the TARDIS from David Tennant and thinks he is a "time lord". :P

This is after watching Amy's Choice twice because my BBC channel is stupid and is messing up the airing order after a break over Christmas. Everything should be sorted out from next week though.

Matt Smith comes across to me as a kind of combination of the 9th and 10th Doctors.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:05 pm

I think each Doctor brings in a new personality and quirk to the Doctor. Christopher Eccleston brought a certain depth and seriousness, David Tennant made him cool, majestic, and somewhat dark at times. Matt Smith brings in this awesome goofiness while at the same time maintaining the majesty. It's really fun in my opinion to see what a new actor will bring into the role.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:43 pm

So, I just finished The Age of Steel, and I'm surprised at how awesome Mickey has become. I think the fact that he was the butt of all the jokes and was thought of as the load or the weak link is what made him all the more awesome.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1452045) wrote:So, I just finished The Age of Steel, and I'm surprised at how awesome Mickey has become. I think the fact that he was the butt of all the jokes and was thought of as the load or the weak link is what made him all the more awesome.

Yeah, I really enjoyed that transition. It was great to see him take the initiative and become his own man.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:22 am

Oh yeah. Mickey rocks. Especially when...

[Spoiler]He starts showing up at random intervals with a BFG. XD Also, he marries Martha. That is awesome.[/spoiler]
Yuki-Anne

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Yes! I'm so glad to see some other Doctor Who fans on here! :thumb: I've been a complete and total fan since I first got into it in early 2009. :) (Oh, and while I do like Matt Smith quite a bit-- he's #2 on my favorite-Doctor list-- my Doctor was, is, and always will be David Tennant. Just so you know. :) ) Really looking forward to it this year, too, what with all the revelations that are supposed to happen and its great-looking stories!
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:31 pm

I am just going to leave a couple of things here:

Thing one: Season six photo:

Thing two: I have the coolest lamp ever:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Sheenar » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:52 am

Now, I started watching Doctor Who on tv when PBS was (and still is) airing the 5th season with David Tennant.

I just recently received disc one of the first season and I loved it! Chris Eccleston, while not Tennant, still was a wonderful Doctor from what I have seen so far (only the first 3 episodes of the season were on the disc.)

Now I just have to wait for disc two!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby GeneD » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:21 am

The TV people are idiots and have moved Doctor Who season 5 from Monday nights to Saturday mornings and it is really difficult to keep up with it at the moment, which I am not happy about at all. :(
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:27 pm

"You are superior in one way."
"What way is that?"
[spoiler]You are better at dying than us![/spoiler]
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Ella Edric » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:54 pm

I FINALLY got around to seeing the Christmas special. XD; It was great, of course.
Ella Edric

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:54 pm

1995's Doctor Who: The Movie (featuring the 8th Doctor's only onscreen performance) is finally out on DVD today. I know a lot of fans say they're unimpressed with it, but I still wanna see it for myself, so I'ma go pick it up soon.

Interesting side note: During the Superbowl halftime show my brother-in-law was reading comments about it from his Facebook page. One of them was, "Is this a halftime show or an episode of Doctor Who!?" As you can imagine, I lol'd. I lol'd very much indeed.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:28 pm

It was not an episode of Doctor Who; even at its lowest (I'm talking Fear Her levels of stupidity), not even Doctor Who can suck that much.

Also, Pirates+Doctor Who? WHAAAAT?! Yes please! XD
Yuki-Anne

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:50 am

GUYS GUYS GUYS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vIsQ25Krq8&feature=player_embedded

THIS LOOKS SO AWESOOOMMEE I AM SO EXCITED.

Radical Dreamer

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:34 pm

Creepy... dolls.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment