Doctor Who Fans?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:06 pm

Kung_Fu_Master (post: 1389156) wrote:Season 1: Bad Wolf
Season 2: How far the Doctor was was willing to sacrifice
Season 3: Marth's Inferiority Complex and seeing how far she could go
Season 4: The folds in reality around Donna and the second heart beat.
Specials: End of the song and four knocks.
and with Season 5 we have the smiling crack. Wonder where that will take us.

Well, it'll evidently take us to two points in space/time that were never meant to touch. Also, everything gets silenced.

Edit: Also. AAAUGHRE(*#*(@)#*()@#@*DALEKS*()#@_*@)#(*W()*_#%^#&*#)*@!()#
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby K. Ayato » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:27 pm

I saw the first 2 episodes of the new season on BBC America (thanks, Verizon!). Pretty cool. Good thing my sister (who's more well-versed in the show than me) was able to walk me through it. But man, some of the images!
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby GeneD » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:08 pm

Kung_Fu_Master (post: 1389156) wrote:Season 1: Bad Wolf
Season 2: How far the Doctor was was willing to sacrifice
Season 3: Marth's Inferiority Complex and seeing how far she could go
Season 4: The folds in reality around Donna and the second heart beat.
Specials: End of the song and four knocks.
and with Season 5 we have the smiling crack. Wonder where that will take us.

Season 3: Family of Blood and the Weeping Angels.

Currently watching season 4 and my brother borrowed seasons 1 and 2 from a friend, so I can actually watch everything from the beginning, instead of random episodes here and there.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby creed4 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:13 pm

the new season is getting better and better. Moffit can write
Tis No Fool to lose what he can not keep to gain what he can never lose.
What does it profit a man to gain the World yet lose his soul.
Choose Life that you Might live.
creed4

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:53 pm

Just finished watching the 4th series, having found it at the library. Those last two episodes were EPIC.

I wanna get the first series sometime (and a few more of the classics). I'll have to order from Amazon though, 'cause as much as I love the good Doctor, I'm not paying $80 for a DVD set.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby The Doctor » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Seeing as my name on CAA is "The Doctor", I figured I should make an appearance here.

Right now, it's starting to look like Moffat is better than Russel T Davies.

Loving Matt Smith as The Doctor so far.

But please, Steven, make my dreams come true and BRING BACK ROMANA!!!! (original Who fans will know who she is, and might agree with me)
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby battletech » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:12 am

I will second that statement.
BRING BACK ROMANA!!!!!
I do beleive she was the only companion that was a time lord.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:44 pm

The Doctor (post: 1390271) wrote:Seeing as my name on CAA is "The Doctor", I figured I should make an appearance here.

Right now, it's starting to look like Moffat is better than Russel T Davies.

Loving Matt Smith as The Doctor so far.

But please, Steven, make my dreams come true and BRING BACK ROMANA!!!! (original Who fans will know who she is, and might agree with me)

Very likely she could still be alive. That'd rock pretty hard. And yeah, Davies was pretty terrible. He added some really agrivating dimensions to the character of the Doctor. I'm glad Moffat came out and said "Yeah, all that stuff about the Daleks being gone for ever? How we keep promising "This is the last time I swear?" Yeah. That's done. They're back. They're staying. Deal with it."
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby TGJesusfreak » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:17 pm

We'll be watching the first episode with Matt Smith as The Doctor here in a few nights ^^ I can't wait :grin:

Etoh wrote: I'm glad Moffat came out and said "Yeah, all that stuff about the Daleks being gone for ever? How we keep promising "This is the last time I swear?" Yeah. That's done. They're back. They're staying. Deal with it."
I know! That got so old! It's like "bring em back already!" XD
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Oh, not that I like the daleks, but the idea that we kept getting told "Yup, this is it forever" really got old fast when they were clearly willing to break their word on that within double-digits on episodes.
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby The Doctor » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:57 am

Being in America, I never kept up with Davies public statements, such as the Daleks not returning. I just hope that they learn the lesson from Rick Berman's Borg addiction in Star Trek. Don't overuse the Daleks, or the law of diminishing returns might kick in.

Davies may not have been the best, but I do love some of his ideas, and let's face it, had it not been for him the show might still be sitting in BBC's development hell.
My new project: Story Ship, a storyblog. Now updates are every Friday!
http://storyship.blogspot.com/

Check out my short film IMPACT. Trailer available at impactshortfilm.webs.com. Short film now available FREE at http://bit.ly/cglmZ6

"There is therefore now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
The Doctor

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:30 pm

You can't just ditch the Daleks completely, anyway. They were the first real enemy of the series (see story no. 2, "The Daleks"). They're a staple of the show.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby acgifford » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:41 am

Yes. Agreed. Daleks must stay.
acgifford

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:26 am

So I am gravedigging like nobody's business, but I couldn't find another general Doctor Who thread and didn't want to make a new one. XD

ANYWAYS.

You guys. You guys. I just started watching this show. I've seen about five episodes. And I am so completely sold on it. XDD Seriously, it is the most fun I've had watching a TV show since Chuck. XD I started a few days ago when I got out of school watching season/series 5. So far I've seen about four episodes of that, along with the season/series 3 episode, "Blink." And oh my gosh you guys. I love it so much. XD So much.

Anyways. I will just leave this here. XD I know there are like tons of Doctor fans on CAA, so I doubt that this gravedig will go to waste! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:45 pm

I've seen all of the latest season (with Matt Smith), but that's it. I'm really looking forward to the Christmas special coming up, though! :D
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:37 pm

I have a mere four episodes of season 5 left. This has been my second attempt to get into Doctor Who, and I am so glad that it was successful. My previous attempt involved starting at season one of the 2005 series, and honestly, it just didn't do anything for me in the first three episodes. In stark contrast, I was sold on season five within 10 minutes.

Anyways, I am absolutely loving Doctor Who. I can only hope that this show continues on forever in such an awesome fashion.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby goldenspines » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1444556) wrote:So I am gravedigging like nobody's business, but I couldn't find another general Doctor Who thread and didn't want to make a new one. XD

ANYWAYS.

You guys. You guys. I just started watching this show. I've seen about five episodes. And I am so completely sold on it. XDD Seriously, it is the most fun I've had watching a TV show since Chuck. XD I started a few days ago when I got out of school watching season/series 5. So far I've seen about four episodes of that, along with the season/series 3 episode, "Blink." And oh my gosh you guys. I love it so much. XD So much.

Anyways. I will just leave this here. XD I know there are like tons of Doctor fans on CAA, so I doubt that this gravedig will go to waste! XD

8)

I knew you would like it once you watched it.

On the topic, I need to buy the new season soon. D:
goldenspines

Postby Sheenar » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:34 pm

The only season I've seen is the one with David Tennant as the Doctor. And I love it SO much. <3 :D
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:28 am

battletech (post: 1390292) wrote:I will second that statement.
BRING BACK ROMANA!!!!!
I do beleive she was the only companion that was a time lord.

I want her back too! And if Lala Ward is too busy with that :mutter: Richard Dawkins:mutter: (google him and you'll see why I don't like him), then tell us she regenerated off screen. I don't care, just please let us see her again! (And if you do have to do an off-screen regeneration, make sure it's still someone smokin hot!);)
Oh, and battletech, you're wrong. The First Doctor had his granddaughter Susan with him for the first season and the first episode of the second, and it's accepted by the fans and the writers that she was a Time Lady as well, even though the idea was never explored in the actual show. They didn't tell you much about the Doctor's past until the Second Doctor's serial "The War Games", which was the first time we actually met the Time Lords by name. There was an evil Time Lord called "The Monk" in "The Time Meddler", but they never called him that (he had a Tardis, so he still counts in my book).
While we're on the subject, let's bring back Susan too. She hasn't been seen since "Dimensions in Time" (or if you want to consider something more canon, she showed up in the 20th anniversary ep, "The Five Doctors")
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby knightlee » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:17 am

Relatively new fan here. I watched some Jon Pertwee episodes which I thought were endearingly confusing, then found out about the "revival" series, which I've started watching from the beginning. I've seen random episodes from all three new doctors, and I honestly can't say which one I like best. Favorite episodes so far are: The Empty Child and Blink.
A writer is someone who can make a riddle out of an answer. ~Karl Kraus
Find me @ MAL.net (olivecrayola)
knightlee

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:28 am

So I haven't posted in here, but I've been watching Doctor Who, and while the first five or six episodes didn't do it for, the episodes starting with The Long Game have been great. I have three episodes before I finish the first reboot series, and I'm pretty excited about them.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby rocklobster » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:30 pm

knightlee (post: 1444754) wrote:Relatively new fan here. I watched some Jon Pertwee episodes which I thought were endearingly confusing, then found out about the "revival" series, which I've started watching from the beginning. I've seen random episodes from all three new doctors, and I honestly can't say which one I like best. Favorite episodes so far are: The Empty Child and Blink.

Actually, Knight, I recommend you at least check out Tom Baker's tenure as the Fourth Doctor, which starts with the episode "Robot". It's really the best stuff Doctor Who had to offer, along with Sylvester McCoy's underrated run.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:53 pm

I just finished season 5 last night. That was an incredible finale, and I am definitely looking forward to going through seasons 2-4, since I've heard great things about Tennent's Doctor.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

Cognitive Gear

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:52 pm

AFDKSG. Just finished series 5. Seriously SO FANTASTIC. I am so glad I started watching this show. XD I've asked this in a couple of places now, but where do you all suggest I start watching next? I'm inclined to start directly with season 2 and David Tennant, because I've heard less-good things about Eccleston, but I'm also wondering if important things happen in season 1 that it would hurt to miss. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby goldenspines » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Radical Dreamer (post: 1445125) wrote:AFDKSG. Just finished series 5. Seriously SO FANTASTIC. I am so glad I started watching this show. XD I've asked this in a couple of places now, but where do you all suggest I start watching next? I'm inclined to start directly with season 2 and David Tennant, because I've heard less-good things about Eccleston, but I'm also wondering if important things happen in season 1 that it would hurt to miss. XD

There is soooooome important stuff in the first season with Eccleston (mostly having to do with the Doctor's companion at the time, Rose, who is still his companion after he regenerates into Tennant). But it probably wouldn't hurt you much to start with Tennant's season and skip season 1.
goldenspines

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:50 pm

goldenspines (post: 1445147) wrote:There is soooooome important stuff in the first season with Eccleston (mostly having to do with the Doctor's companion at the time, Rose, who is still his companion after he regenerates into Tennant). But it probably wouldn't hurt you much to start with Tennant's season and skip season 1.

I wouldn't skip season one. Despite not having Tennant the show has some very good episodes there (barring the season pilot, which I hate with all my soul). Also, although not as good as Tennant, Eccleston was pretty good too. I felt sad / angry when he left, so that should say something.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:13 pm

So I finished season one last night, and the ending pretty much blew me away. I'm an unconditional Who fan, and the finale made me appreciate some of the episodes I hadn't liked as much even more now.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Alright, good to know! Every person I've asked has told me to start with season 1, so I most certainly will ASAP! XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1445159) wrote:So I finished season one last night, and the ending pretty much blew me away. I'm an unconditional Who fan, and the finale made me appreciate some of the episodes I hadn't liked as much even more now.

That's good to hear. I am currently watching episode five of season one, and so far it just hasn't done much for me at all. It has been slowly getting better, so I am hoping that it continues to do so.

Cognitive Gear

Postby goldenspines » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:37 pm

bigsleepj (post: 1445151) wrote:I wouldn't skip season one. Despite not having Tennant the show has some very good episodes there (barring the season pilot, which I hate with all my soul). Also, although not as good as Tennant, Eccleston was pretty good too. I felt sad / angry when he left, so that should say something.

I am now reminded that I need to see season 1 again. The Empty Child and the Doctor Dances were two of my favorites. O:

So, I take that back. Watch the first season. Great finale too.
goldenspines

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment