Doctor Who Fans?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Twister980 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:37 am

Demons run when a good man goes to war
Night will fall and drown in sun
When a good man goes to war
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and the dark will rise
When a good man goes to war
Demons run but count the cost
The battles won but the child is lost.
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Postby Twister980 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Aaaand I watched Let's Kill Hitler.
I liked it, it was confusing though. xDD
Image Image "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Twister980

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:31 pm

I finished Season 6 :D WOOO! Thank you Public Library and Hastings! XD (Dang that was a fast release ;) )

I was amazed at how accurately I called the ending. (According to Mech, that's not something everyone figured out)

Spoilahs:
[spoiler] I was like "Why can't they just use to Robot Guys? That would seem easy enough...just ask?" But then again, the regeneration thing did throw me off a bit. But As soon as I Saw them I was like "OH THATS WHY HE COULDN'T REGENERATE!
Clever Doctor. is Clever. :)
[/spoiler]
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby GeneD » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:04 am

So, you may or may not have seen the news/rumour that there is going to be a Doctor Who movie directed/developed by david Yates of Harry P fame.

Source here: http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/Harry-Potter-Director-to-Direct-New-Doctor-Who-Movie.aspx and http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15730665.

Personally I think this is a bad, bad idea, but I guess we will have to wait and see. They did say that it won't happen for a few years at least though.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:16 pm

They also said it would have nothing to do with the current series running on TV. Maybe it will just be another origination story?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:10 pm

It's not in continuity, so I will be completely indifferent until I get more news.

Though honestly, with the amount of bad episodes throughout Doctor Who, I have no idea why anyone is even bothering to be against this. It really can't be any worse than some of the things that are already in continuity are.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby c.t.,girl » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:24 am

<_< You all do realize that a Doctor Who movie has already been done before, right? NOT THAT I WOULDN'T LIKE TO SEE ANOTHER ONE...

ALSO! A little something from this page.
Wikipedia's page wrote:In September 2011 Doctor Who Magazine stated series 7 will air from autumn 2012.

NEXT YEAR'S AUTUMN SEEMS SO FAR AWAY NOW. 8C
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Rri X » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:09 pm

Mind if I join in on the Doctor Who chat? I just started watching this past week, and it is FANTASTIC.
Rri X

Dun Dun Dunnnn!

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:55 pm

MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Twister980 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:36 pm

"The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe." xDD
Twister980

Postby rocklobster » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:08 am

Because this is the actual date that Doctor Who first aired on the BBC back in 1963, I declare today "Doctor Who Day!"
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 am

It's already been announced on Facebook, buddy.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby GeneD » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:50 am

To celebrate the good Doctor's 48th anniversary here are some fun videos to check out.

Video made by the Doctor Who cast and crew, for the wrap party after the last of the 10th Doctor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3s4Czla6tXc

Fan video made by fans all over the world, in the style of above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hAz-3MS-8M4

Fan video made by a bunch of Russian fans for Steven Moffat's birthday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5GNhn3LY7I

Last one's got a bit of Sherlock crossover.

Truly, Doctor Who fans are brilliant. Enjoy.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby Sheenar » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Doctor Who Puppet Pals

What on earth...lol --is this the same person who did the HP Puppet Pals?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Nope. They ain't done by Neil Cicierega.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:14 pm

Doctor Who: Potter Pals parody was good, save for the poor voice acting and timing of the song.

The Russian Moffat fans video was very good, if a bit long.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:00 pm

Oh my gosh. That 500 miles video was AWESOME. LOVED it.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby c.t.,girl » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:15 pm

:T Not to fond of the parody...sorry.
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:04 pm

Well, since it seems that we're posting links to videos in celebration of the Anniversary, how about some amazing fan-made videos that I've come across? :thumb:

(Of course, insert fair warning here about spoilers in them, so decide to watch at own risk depending on how much of the TV show you've seen, etc. etc. :P But, seriously, they're awesome-- and definitely worth your time!)

Doctor Who: ''New Series'': Mega Marathon Trailer: 2005-2011

Doctor Who: ''The Smith Years'' - Ultimate Cinema Trailer (HD)

i'll lift you up |Doctor Who|

next stop: everywhere | River Song
- (Though this one does openly state and show who River is, so just in case you somehow haven't seen "A Good Man Goes To War" and "Let's Kill Hitler" yet, you'd best do that first, and then come back to this. :))

Enjoy-- and Happy Anniversary to Doctor Who! :jump:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Sheenar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:06 am

c.t.,girl (post: 1517369) wrote::T Not to fond of the parody...sorry.

Yeah, that's why I included the "what on earth" disclaimer. I don't even know what exactly to think of it yet --I was a bit surprised to stumble across it.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:12 pm

MangaRocks, thanks for sharing those links.
I really enjoyed the Mega Marathon trailer. So emotional!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Also, yesterday I found out that the Dr Who season 5 (and I think 6) soundtracks are avaliable in iTunes. Murray Gold goodness!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby MangaRocks! » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1517432) wrote:MangaRocks, thanks for sharing those links.
I really enjoyed the Mega Marathon trailer. So emotional!
You're quite welcome-- and I'm glad you enjoyed them as well! :thumb:

Oh, and BTW, just in case anyone has tried to watch the River Song vid and got that blocked/deleted message from YouTube :P, the creator of the video reuploaded it here.
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby armeck » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:09 pm

so for those of us in the usa without bbc. any idea on when season 6 will be on netflix?
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Twister980 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:48 am

1. I finished the new season. It was AWESOME. xD

2. Can't wait for 'The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe.'.

3. This. Image
Twister980

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Twister980 (post: 1520419) wrote:3. This. Image

That... is awesome. :O Where is it?
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Twister980 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:22 am

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1520517) wrote:That... is awesome. :O Where is it?

I wish I knew, found it on the Daily Geek.
Twister980

Postby GeneD » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 am

Doctor Who news dump

The Christmas Special Trailer

The Christmas Special Prequel

Movie news: from Steven Moffat's twitter, if you don't follow it: "To clarify: any Doctor Who movie would be made by the BBC team, star the current TV Doctor and certainly NOT be a Hollywood reboot." and "Movie thing: David Yates, great director, was speaking off the cuff, on a red carpet. You've seen the rubbish I talk when I'm cornered."

Missing episode news: 2 previously lost classic Who episodes, Episode 3 of the William Hartnell adventure "Galaxy 4" and Episode 2 of Patrick Troughton's "The Underwater Menace" have been found.
You can read more here.

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:11 am

Dat. Prequel. O_o
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Twister980 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:07 am

Yuki-Anne (post: 1521406) wrote:Dat. Prequel. O_o

I KNOW RIGHT. I AM SO EXCITED. :jump:
Twister980

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment