Burn Freaking Notice

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Burn Freaking Notice

Postby Kkun » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:33 pm

Does anyone watch Burn Notice? The season finale might have been the best hour of television EVER.

Anyone? It's so awesome.

Also, Bruce Campbell plays an ex-spy who spends his time mooching off of rich women. That sold me.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Fish and Chips » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:53 pm

My dad introduced me this over Christmas. We burned through the entire first season in a couple days. Good show.

Hitting myself over the head that I haven't started the second season on Hulu yet.
Fish and Chips

Postby Spike Ikari » Sun May 24, 2009 4:30 pm

I watched the second season on USA when it was out, it is, in my opinion, one of the best shows out there right now. It has really strong characters, great writing, and a good bit of humor. I'm currently running through the first season on dvd to catch the details. Does anyone know if USA is going to run a marathon of the second season? The dvd's don't come out until after season three starts.
Spike Ikari

Postby Peanut » Sun May 24, 2009 4:48 pm

How did I miss this thread? I love Burn Notice...though sadly I haven't been able to follow it for a while...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby That Dude » Thu May 28, 2009 12:30 pm

Kkun (post: 1295117) wrote:Does anyone watch Burn Notice? The season finale might have been the best hour of television EVER.

Anyone? It's so awesome.

Also, Bruce Campbell plays an ex-spy who spends his time mooching off of rich women. That sold me.

Why am I not surprised at all that you love this show?

BTW It is one of the better shows out there.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Sun May 31, 2009 8:53 am

I need to start watching Burn Notice again. It's awesome. It also made me realize I haven't seen enough stuff with Bruce Campbell in it.

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Burn Notice Season 4

Postby Yahshua » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Burn Notice Season 4 started tonight and just watched it and Michael is at it again.
Yahshua

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:25 pm

I love Burn Notice~! USA has some great shows, but this is top-tier.
Atria35

Postby Peanut » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Yahshua (post: 1398566) wrote:Burn Notice Season 4 started tonight and just watched it and Michael is at it again.

Fortunately they air it twice...I almost missed my favorite show starting its next season...
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Wolf-man » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:02 pm

I have been meaning to watch this show. Solely because Bruce Campbell is in it. He alone makes it worth checking out.
Wolf-man

Postby Doubleshadow » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:13 pm

My Mom watches it with gusto. I don't get USA though, so she'll tells me all about it when I'm home for a visit.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Big, big fan. It's like a modern Mission: Impossible (not those execrable movies).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Kkun (post: 1295117) wrote:Does anyone watch Burn Notice? The season finale might have been the best hour of television EVER.

Anyone? It's so awesome.

JUST STARTED. LAST WEEK.

It is amazing.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby GeneD » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:35 am

I watched a couple of the episodes when in New York. I really liked the style, but for some reason the main character just annoys me, although it's more to do with the actor than the actual character, they don't seem to fit together IMO.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby MomentOfInertia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:34 pm

I'm gonna make a note to look this up sometime. Now that its been recommended.

First though if I just watch the next episode that comes on how confused will I be?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby shooraijin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:36 pm

They give you a quick story synopsis as part of the opening. That said, you might not be fully up to speed on the subplot about Michael's burning.

The pilot is excellent and well worth watching. You can get season 1 on DVD pretty inexpensively now.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:07 am

I've watched the Pilot (first half was meh, second half was good) and the second episode so far (quite good). Overall, I've enjoyed what I've seen but the editing choices really grate at times (pausing the shot, rewinding, fast-forwarding, repeating, changing the colour grading of a scene etc. for no apparent reason - mostly apparent in the Pilot). I'm fine with those choices when they have a purpose but much of the time it seemed the editor was just going crazy with the options. It's good to see the guy who played Jarod's brother (from The Pretender) in a lead role and Gabrielle Angwar? from Press Gang and Bruce Campbell. The team definitely have good chemistry. I love the playful, light-hearted atmosphere of the series and how spy technologies/strategies are called into question.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Burn Notice return again

Postby Yahshua » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 am

Burn Notice return again this time with a new character name Jesse Porter anyone like him?
Yahshua

Return to General Entertainment