Worst American Cartoon

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue May 06, 2008 9:20 pm

Azier the Swordsman (post: 1223777) wrote:*laughs*

Nobody will ever be able to agree in this thread. Ever.

Batman - The Animates Series is one of the great cartoons of our time.
Fish and Chips

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue May 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1223779) wrote:Batman - The Animates Series is one of the great cartoons of our time.

Agreed.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Tue May 06, 2008 9:36 pm

Earthworm Jim and Freakazoid were epic win and still are today!
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Sheenar » Tue May 06, 2008 10:13 pm

Hey, Pebbles was Krypto the Superdog at our Superheroes Ball at camp! She was darn cute, too! (of course, it's not the best show, but it's not the worst either...)

I also really like Sagwa the Chinese Siamese--just because of the cute kittens that can write with their tails...

But children's cartoons that is truly terrible would be My Friend Rabbit and Dragon on Qubo (NBC Saturday mornings).

But, in the same lineup is Jane and the Dragon, which is awesome.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Maledicte » Wed May 07, 2008 11:11 am

Okay--Batman: TAS, Freakazoid, and Gargoyles are the best American cartoons of all time. Everything else is debatable.
Maledicte

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed May 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Tarnish (post: 1223776) wrote:You know what? I take it back.

I take it all back.

Over the past few days, I have been subjected to a show I can only describe as being real, true

DEEP HURTING.

Insanity, thy name is The Replacements.

This show has no good qualities whatsoever. The animation is ugly. The jokes are bad ("HEY LETS SAY THIS SILLY PHRASE OVER AND OVER AND OVER! IT'S FUNNY!! IT WORKED FOR TOM GREEN, RIGHT???...right?...wait...") To call the characters "cookie-cutter" would be an insult to cookie-cutters everywhere. In fact, I apologize right now to any cookie-cutters reading this now. You didn't deserve to so much as be mentioned in the same paragraph as this show.

The stories are more boring than a Yanni album. The voices are driving me mad. Mad, mad, MAD!

And it is ALWAYS FRIGGING ON. ALWAYS.

Oh, frick. It's on now.

I agree with that statement. Also i add, Get ed, Tak and the power of Ju Ju, and the barnyard
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby eternalprincess » Wed May 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1223779) wrote:Batman - The Animates Series is one of the great cartoons of our time.

Indeed.

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed May 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Azier the Swordsman (post: 1223777) wrote:*laughs*

Nobody will ever be able to agree in this thread. Ever.

I agree.

Wait...
Shao Feng-Li

Postby beau99 » Wed May 07, 2008 7:43 pm

I take it all back.

Over the past few days, I have been subjected to a show I can only describe as being real, true

DEEP HURTING.

This show has no good qualities whatsoever. The animation is ugly. The jokes are bad ("HEY LETS SAY THIS SILLY PHRASE OVER AND OVER AND OVER! IT'S FUNNY!! IT WORKED FOR TOM GREEN, RIGHT???...right?...wait...") To call the characters "cookie-cutter" would be an insult to cookie-cutters everywhere. In fact, I apologize right now to any cookie-cutters reading this now. You didn't deserve to so much as be mentioned in the same paragraph as this show.

The stories are more boring than a Yanni album. The voices are driving me mad. Mad, mad, MAD!

Oh, frick. It's on now.

Sorry, but I love love love The Replacements. Awesome show.

Most of the programs mentioned in this thread are awesome, actually.
beau99

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Wed May 07, 2008 7:58 pm

I got another awful show:

Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed May 07, 2008 8:05 pm

I take it all back.

DEEP HURTING.

Tarnish (post: 1223776) wrote:And it is ALWAYS FRIGGING ON. ALWAYS.

Oh, frick. It's on now.

You said this was The Replacements.

Why are you talking about Family Guy?
Fish and Chips

Postby ADXC » Wed May 07, 2008 8:31 pm

Actually I thought Jimmy Neutron was a good show for its time. I mean like every cartoon on Nick was 2-D and Jimmy Neutron went 3-D so that was cool. And I did like the episodes for it and I thought the jokes were funny. Also the inventions were cool. So yeah, its not a bad cartoon. But thats just my opinion.

@ Sheenar- Yeah, I did like Sagwa. That was a cool show. Cats doing chinese caligraphy with their tails is awesome. But too bad its not on any more.
ADXC

Postby beau99 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:37 pm

animedude90 (post: 1224073) wrote:@ Sheenar- Yeah, I did like Sagwa. That was a cool show. Cats doing chinese caligraphy with their tails is awesome. But too bad its not on any more.

It's still on, but only on Sprout, which most people don't get.
beau99

Postby ADXC » Wed May 07, 2008 8:43 pm

You got to realize that Im a cable-type person and that Ive never heard of Sprout. But thanks for reassuring me that they are still showing it one television somewhere.

I watched Sagwa on PBS by the way.
ADXC

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed May 07, 2008 8:58 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1224059) wrote:You said this was The Replacements.

Why are you talking about Family Guy?

Badum-tish.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Nate » Thu May 08, 2008 1:06 am

The first three seasons of Family Guy, in my mind, still stand as some of the best cartoons ever made.

Season four and after, not so much. To be sure there are a few gems in the bunch but overall I think Family Guy just needs to end.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby beau99 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:56 am

animedude90 (post: 1224083) wrote:You got to realize that Im a cable-type person and that Ive never heard of Sprout. But thanks for reassuring me that they are still showing it one television somewhere.

I watched Sagwa on PBS by the way.

Sprout is a network owned by PBS. It's a digital network, yet most who have digital don't get it on their TV. That's what I meant. I don't even get it myself. Last time I watched Sagwa (a few months ago), I had to get DVDs from the library.
beau99

Postby eternalprincess » Thu May 08, 2008 6:11 am

I take it all back.

DEEP HURTING.

Oh, frick. It's on now.

I hate this show. My five younger siblings love watching it, I despise it. You pretty much just said why. XD

@)}~ carry this rose in your sig, as thanks, to all the CAA Moderators
eternalprincess

Location: Texas: Sitting at the computer writing, and explaining anime to someone who found out I'm into it.

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Thu May 08, 2008 7:30 am

~darkelfgirl~ (post: 1223667) wrote:XD rofl What in the world?

Affirmative. Hrm...I would say 50%-65% of the things on Jetix IMHO. I'm sorry, the honesty was burning in the depths of my stomach.

(Pardon me if I offended someone).

As long as you don't include The Tick, X-men and a few others on that list I'm fine with that statement.

I absolutely hate Street Sharks, 90% of Nickelodeon's new programing, 80% of Cartoon Network's programing and almost all of AS's original programs.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Kurama » Sat May 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy.

I am a huge fan of Ed Edd and Eddy, I love how positive and funny it was. Grim is just about two kids who have nothing better to do. I just hate it cause Every time I try to watch it, I feel like my brain is melting.

AND TRUE DAT, SIRTHINKS2MUCH!
Kurama

Postby CAAOutkast » Sun May 11, 2008 8:47 am

I jus' thought of another cartoon that we can add to the list of terreble cartoons....Bratz! Thats right,Bratz. That show was a total waste of money and air-time. those bozos at 4kids should have never aired it on their saturday morning block.
CAAOutkast

Postby jaems-kun » Sun May 11, 2008 11:02 am

I was more so perplexed over this thread, but now that bratz has been mentioned, I can let my mind rest.

I vote bratz for winner of the topic.
jaems-kun

Postby Kurama » Sun May 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Agreed!
Kurama

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sun May 11, 2008 5:51 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]I KNOW I will offend someone with this, but I hate the Simpsons with a PASSION!

It's just inane!
i'd rather watch Invader Zim![/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Nate » Sun May 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Hana Ryuuzaki wrote:[font="palatino Linotype"]I KNOW I will offend someone with this, but I hate the Simpsons with a PASSION![/font]

*Zel Miller voice*

I WISH WE LIVED IN THE ERA WHERE YOU COULD CHALLENGE A MAN TO A DUEL.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ingemar » Sun May 11, 2008 9:44 pm

Nate (post: 1225514) wrote:*Zel Miller voice*

I WISH WE LIVED IN THE ERA WHERE YOU COULD CHALLENGE A MAN TO A DUEL.

8 am, 23 May 2008. Revolvers. Mr. SmartyPants will be my second.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun May 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Ingemar (post: 1225519) wrote:8 am, 23 May 2008. Revolvers. Mr. SmartyPants will be my second.

But Ingemar everyone knows Ryan can't shoot straight.
Fish and Chips

Postby ilikegir33 » Mon May 12, 2008 4:12 pm

Okay, I really, really, really don't like The Replacements either. But has anyone mentioned "The Emperor's New School" yet? That has got to be the worst show based upon a Disney movie I have ever seen. Bad jokes, bad voice acting, bad dialogue, TERRIBLE animation. It's just all bad.

And christisright, I totally second you about Bratz. It SUCKS. Also, A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is pretty bad. All the voices are weird. One more thing: about 50% of everything on [adult swim] is just crap. Like A**y McGee, 12 oz. Mouse, and Squidbillies. Robot Chicken is GREAT though.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Mon May 12, 2008 6:26 pm

I'm going to be blunt. Every show that Disney has made based on a movie sucks on ice. And that's an understatement. Wait....yeh. I was wondering if they had learned The Theory yet, but unfortunately, they haven't. Only few shows have succeeded. And out of those few, only few have lasted more than a season. Tsk, tsk.

Oh pretty please, don't make a Narnia TV cartoon. Or Pirates of the Caribbean.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Kurama » Mon May 12, 2008 6:34 pm

I hate all Disney Cartoons. They sicken me. I am sorry if I have offended anyone who does, its just, they are teaching about the wrong things...if you get what I mean...
Kurama

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment