Worst American Cartoon

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Maledicte » Mon May 12, 2008 10:35 pm

You mean, all girls should be princesses who sit around and dream and don't have to work in order to get nice things and have to be rescued by men all the time?

(Mulan is the exception)
Maledicte

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue May 13, 2008 9:34 am

I gotta add Ying yang Yo to my list along with Proud family (the movie especally) and Jake the american dragon
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby beau99 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:11 pm

Kurama (post: 1225771) wrote:I hate all Disney Cartoons. They sicken me. I am sorry if I have offended anyone who does, its just, they are teaching about the wrong things...if you get what I mean...

:o:wow!:

I have absolutely zero idea of what you're talking about.

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1225896) wrote:I gotta add Ying yang Yo to my list along with Proud family (the movie especally) and Jake the american dragon

Not really a fan of The Proud Family, but Yin Yang Yo! and AmDrag are probably two of the best shows of the decade.
beau99

Postby Kurama » Tue May 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Well, I feel like their cartoons are just lies, like "Oh you have to be pretty" And "All parents are stupid" And Things like that. it annoys me....
Kurama

Postby Sheenar » Tue May 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Nickelodeon's cartoons tend to be that way too...

The "parents are stupid" thing: Look no farther than The Fairly Oddparents --Timmy's parents are made to look like idiots...

Though I did enjoy As Told by Ginger and the older, classic Nicktoons...

Side note: Post #700! Wow, where did the time go?
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Tue May 13, 2008 8:12 pm

I second Ying Yang Yo as a bad cartoon. Where has the imagination gone to? It was flooding the TV back in the day.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby ADXC » Tue May 13, 2008 9:32 pm

@ KeybladeWarrior- Isn't it obvious? All the good ideas have been taken, so not many remain. Basically good imagination is gone, and they feel they have to take some kind of animal and make a cartoon out of it. And also thats the way older cartoons tend to be, more fulfilling.

I will say this for Nickelodeon, it did bring us Avatar in the past few years, which I like alot. So there are still a few gems in the cracks.
ADXC

Postby beau99 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:01 pm

Kurama (post: 1225958) wrote:Well, I feel like their cartoons are just lies, like "Oh you have to be pretty" And "All parents are stupid" And Things like that. it annoys me....

Can you list examples, because I see none of that.
beau99

Postby Nate » Tue May 13, 2008 10:15 pm

Sheenar wrote:The "parents are stupid" thing: Look no farther than The Fairly Oddparents --Timmy's parents are made to look like idiots...

Yeah but that's excusable because Fairly Oddparents is one of the best cartoons ever.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue May 13, 2008 10:16 pm

animedude90 (post: 1226058) wrote:@ KeybladeWarrior- Isn't it obvious? All the good ideas have been taken, so not many remain. Basically good imagination is gone, and they feel they have to take some kind of animal and make a cartoon out of it. And also thats the way older cartoons tend to be, more fulfilling.

I will say this for Nickelodeon, it did bring us Avatar in the past few years, which I like alot. So there are still a few gems in the cracks.

Very good point. Avatar is a great show. And Beau i think Kurama was refuring to Fairly Oddparents (the parents are portrayed as very dumb)

GrubbTheFragger

Postby beau99 » Wed May 14, 2008 4:02 am

GrubbTheFragger (post: 1226063) wrote:Very good point. Avatar is a great show. And Beau i think Kurama was refuring to Fairly Oddparents (the parents are portrayed as very dumb)

Kurama was referring to Disney cartoons.
beau99

Postby Kurama » Wed May 14, 2008 8:07 am

Like The Replacements. The Kids Are smarter.Parents are dumb. Phineas and Pherb. Uhg Don't get me started. Now the proud family was not too bad, but I just see this chain of disrespect and is saddens me. Farily odd Parents is like that too, but at least they make them funny and decently smart every now and then, not like they COMPLETELY embarrass their kids every time they pop into the screen.

Ok....yea, that was y rant. I do not wish to offend anyone through this, I am just specking the truth I see..
Kurama

Postby CAAOutkast » Wed May 14, 2008 11:00 am

Nate (post: 1226062) wrote:Yeah but that's excusable because Fairly Oddparents is one of the best cartoons ever.

Correction,my friend,WAS one of the best cartoons ever. The new episodes suck bigtime. Giving Cosmo and Wanda a baby was not only a stupid idea,but it was also an unneeded one.

Anyway,another bad american cartoon is The Superfriends series with those 2 annoying and unneeded kids(the jr. superfriends) and their stupid dog. Well that's it! I can't think of anymore bad cartoons that are American.

I could give you guys a list of really sucky Canadian cartoons,but I don't wanna get off topic.
CAAOutkast

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed May 14, 2008 3:11 pm

Oh i thought i should mention Squidbillies i now most people have already thrown out all Adult swim originals. But honestly Squidbillys is just flat out horrid and desearves its own level in cartoon hell where they force it to watch itself over and over and over for eternity. It angers me that people watch that show and find it funny. "but your the Therapist" "no no you misread theres sposed to be a space there its the rapists" I give it my stamp of awfulness :banned:

GrubbTheFragger

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed May 14, 2008 3:44 pm

The "therapist/the rapist" joke is blatantly ripped off from Celebrity Jeopardy. XD

I also used to like The Fairly OddParents, but then it started getting unfunny and dumb, as opposed to funny and dumb. >_> Same thing with Spongebob.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kurama » Wed May 14, 2008 3:59 pm

Yeah. I never watch Adult Swim.
Kurama

Postby beau99 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:58 pm

Kurama (post: 1226126) wrote:Like The Replacements. The Kids Are smarter.Parents are dumb. Phineas and Pherb. Uhg Don't get me started.

I love both of these shows.

And you are slightly incorrect in regards to The Replacements. Only the dad is dumb.
beau99

Postby Kurama » Thu May 15, 2008 5:47 am

But I still don't like it. <_<

And as I said before, I mean no offense to anyone.
Kurama

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Thu May 15, 2008 11:59 am

This makes me want to watch good Disney shows like Talespin and Ducktales. XD I have to agree about Spongebob getting worse, plus kinda bizarre. :P
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby Fish and Chips » Thu May 15, 2008 12:58 pm

Kurama (post: 1225771) wrote:I hate all Disney Cartoons. They sicken me. I am sorry if I have offended anyone who does, its just, they are teaching about the wrong things...if you get what I mean...

Kurama (post: 1225958) wrote:Well, I feel like their cartoons are just lies, like "Oh you have to be pretty" And "All parents are stupid" And Things like that. it annoys me....

Either you're talking about the latest generation of Disney cartoons (which I cannot comment on), or you are going to have to list some serious examples because I don't remember anything like that at all.
Fish and Chips

Postby teigeki_calesa » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:02 am

Christisright (post: 1226154) wrote:I could give you guys a list of really sucky Canadian cartoons,but I don't wanna get off topic.

Off-topic: Hmm, there will always be bad and good stuff from a certain place. There are a lot of Canadian toons I don't appreciate, but there is one that I really love right now. (I hope it's not on your suck list, but I won't take it against you if it is.)

On topic: Well, I am disappointed with today's American toons. But I was raised on them, so I guess my current disappointment with the present batch may be stemming from the usual "they weren't as good as the ones in my time" thing.
Excuse my blinking, just got too many shifts this week.
teigeki_calesa

Postby GeneD » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:35 am

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet (I'm not reading through everything) but since someone revived the thread...

Kappa Mikey

I only saw one episode.
I nearly died.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:36 am

I've seen a few episodes of Kappa Mikey. I didn't like them at all, though I understand the series is supposed to be a parody of anime or something. Despite that I still don't like it, XD.

I also find many new cartoons lacking anything decent. No plot, sloppy looking artwork, and nothing but bad toilet jokes. I generally stay away from American cartoons these days, but I still love Spongebob.

I did catch a little bit of Three Delivery on Nick. That one actually seems promising.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby ashfire » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Can we add Cartoon Networks new Super Jail to this list. UGH
ashfire

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Christisright (post: 1226154) wrote:I could give you guys a list of really sucky Canadian cartoons,but I don't wanna get off topic.
Because Canada isn't American.
Fish and Chips

Postby Kanerou » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Sheenar (post: 1226012) wrote:The "parents are stupid" thing: Look no farther than The Fairly Oddparents --Timmy's parents are made to look like idiots...

The cartoon is IQ lowering, for sure. But I think Cosmo is hilarious; he's such an idiot.
"You've gotta speak about those things you don't currently see as though they already exist. Back in the beginning, God didn't look into space and say, 'Gee, it's dark.' He called light into existence."

Gotta Getta Gundam. ;)

Raiden no Kishi (post: 1218170) wrote:Also, I hope never to hear "Nate" and "prance" in the same sentence again . . .
Kanerou

Postby Kkun » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:36 am

Fish and Chips (post: 1226441) wrote:Either you're talking about the latest generation of Disney cartoons (which I cannot comment on), or you are going to have to list some serious examples because I don't remember anything like that at all.

I think SirThinks2Much nailed it in her response, but I'd argue that isn't bad because they hearken back to the good ol' days where men were men and women sat in towers waiting to be rescued!
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby AsianBlossom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:23 am

Hm...most cartoons nowadays made by Disney, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network. I don't even watch these channels anymore as it's gotten so bad, and they've taken off most--if not all--of the good shows.

The animation is not only cheap-looking and terrible, but it seems as though the American cartoon has stooped so low as to use the overrated (not to mention 'now overused') crude and crass joke bin as its lifeline for humor. *shakes head in disgust* This is why most of the cartoons I watch are either the classics (though not all the classics), Pixar movies, and anime :D

We either need better writers and a more creative staff for cartoons, or this mind-numbing parade of insanity will plague those channels for a long time to come.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Postby LadyRushia » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Which is why I'm going to show my kids classic cartoons and Disney movies. At least they have stories that make you think a little bit.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:44 pm

We should have a thread called "Worst things ever" and include things like:

Evil Dead
Bruce Campbell
Kamikaze kaitou Jeanne
Um... Yuffie
Sephiroth
The states of Texas, Kansas, Maine, and... California?
Hot Fuzz
Anime
Metal Gear
Christian media inclusively
The internet
Final Fantasy
Proprer Grammar and speiling are.
Cats
Dogs

Now THAT'S a list.

(coincidentally, I agree with you on much of the list, but I just feel such a list is just... dangerous.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment