MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000)!!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

MST3K (Mystery Science Theater 3000)!!

Postby cbwing0 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:42 pm

It looks like there are a few fans of this great series in the CAA, so I've started a thread to discuss it.

First, what is your favorite episode? Favorite character? Did you watch it all the way back when it was on Comedy Central, or did you start watching after it was moved to the Sci-Fi channel? Do you know any place (other than Amazon.com and the Sci-Fi channel store) that has a good (complete?) collection of episodes for sale?

Here are my answers:
Favorite Episode-Final Sacrifice
Favorite Character-Crow T. Robot
Fan since? Comedy Central days. :cool:
Good place to buy MST3K merchandise/dvds? No...that's why I asked!

Of course you can include anything else you want, like memorable quotes, shorts, etc...don't worry about getting "off-topic!"
cbwing0

Postby Twilly Spree » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:05 pm

Aww man I watch it every Saturday morning on Sci-fi. I didn't have Comedy Central but I got to see it when I went to my Grandma's house because the Southside of Chicago had it in their cable package.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Spencer » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:10 pm

lol, watch it sometimes with my friend when I spend the night at his house. We saw one with this movie about a monkey who was some kind of curse or something...Anyway, the phone starting ringing, and some robot was like "It's the monkey!"

>___>

It was one of those "you-had-to-be-there" things.
:)
Spencer

Postby glitch1501 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:14 pm

i watch it now and then, my favorite is master ninja, and this one about dinorsaurs from outer space...i dont know the name of that one..

in master ninja this guy asks the ninja why he was at a truck stop, the commenter robot chirps in with "it was a ninja truck stop" it was great

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Kite » Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:19 pm

lol, watch it sometimes with my friend when I spend the night at his house. We saw one with this movie about a monkey who was some kind of curse or something...Anyway, the phone starting ringing, and some robot was like "It's the monkey!"
Merilins mystical shop of magical wonders? I love that show. Iam just to dang lazy to wake up at the time its on here. But man was red zone cuba funny. Crow rocks!
Kite

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:33 pm

My favorite ep is "Pod People" and my second fave is "Cave Dwellers" which are both on collection 2. I have collection 2, and I have several eps on Tape from Sci-fi Channel. There are 3 or 4 DVD collections out right now, with cool cases (2 is like a popup book, with a spiny thing and a pulley thing and junk) (hehehe... Bad Grammer and vocabulary, ah...)

Oh, by the way, you can find them all at http://www.half.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Rev. Doc » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:53 pm

Personally, I liked the earlier seasons with Joel in them. To me they were just funnier. Unfortunately, they don't show the reruns of those now.

My favorites are any of the Gamera flicks or any Japanese based features that they show.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby cbwing0 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:32 am

glitch1501 wrote:this one about dinorsaurs from outer space...i dont know the name of that one...

That would be "Future War," complete with the Jean Claude Van Damme look-alike.

Thanks for the link, Bobtheduck; I will definitely look into those! :grin:

Edit-I checked, and the sets are also available on Amazon.com, although they are about $10 more than on Half.com (that's for "Brand New" items).
cbwing0

Postby Lochaber Axe » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:09 pm

Just when I am about to post on this thread, CAA gets an upgrade. I am just unlucky. Well here is what I was going to post:

Those dvd collections are definitly on my wish list. Now only 20 more collections to go! :thumb: Man, I wish I had taped the episodes.

I would have to say Tom Servo is my favorite. He always does the more funnier jokes, at least to me. I don't know where that came from... I do need to get back to school.

Least no Lavascript problems anymore...
Lochaber Axe

Postby Fry-cook-boy » Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:36 pm

I love Pod People too! I love it when they ask: "What is it about the Gates of Hell that compels people to walk thruough them?"
Someone else answers: "Oh, he's just going to borrow a cup of suger from Satan."
Sadly this signature has been deleted.
Fry-cook-boy

Postby brantelg » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:03 pm

Hey! MST3000! This show rocks! I haven't really watched a lot of it since I'm not home on most Saturday mornings. I had no idea it was on Comedy Central. The robot guys are hilarious!
brantelg

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:09 pm

I love that show!
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:48 pm

dumb me (deleted)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:51 pm

Rev. Doc wrote:Personally, I liked the earlier seasons with Joel in them. To me they were just funnier. Unfortunately, they don't show the reruns of those now.

My favorites are any of the Gamera flicks or any Japanese based features that they show.

Joel is on the DVD collections! He's on 3 of the DVD's in Collection 2. I like them both for different reasons... I think Mike made funnier comments, and Joel interacted with the screen more...

BTW, it started on Comedy Central in 1989, I believe... It moved to Sci-fi channel later, as they have a tendancy to show cult classics and most of the movies they made fun of were sci-fi movies.
Bobtheduck

Postby Gypsy » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:56 pm

I think one of the funniest ones I saw (although, now that I think back, it was kinda evil) was ... I forgot the title. It was about a young witch girl and a mindless college guy that finds her in this small town. There was a freaky old lady in it ... wow, I'm tired.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Bobtheduck » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:03 pm

Gypsy wrote:I think one of the funniest ones I saw (although, now that I think back, it was kinda evil) was ... I forgot the title. It was about a young witch girl and a mindless college guy that finds her in this small town. There was a freaky old lady in it ... wow, I'm tired.

"Amazing grace how sweet the song that is public domain"

or something to that effect...
Bobtheduck

Postby Lochaber Axe » Fri Jan 09, 2004 8:07 pm

That reminds me of one episode that I remember in that there was a possessive very ugly old lady that killed people with pitchforks. The funniest moment was when Tom Servo brought in his "aunt" which was dressed like the old lady and even with pitchfork in hand, and it kept attacking Mike. You know what... it might be the same one that you are refering to because it had witches and stuff in it.

Man do I want to get all the episodes. Even the less famous eps still made me laugh.
Lochaber Axe

Postby cbwing0 » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:55 am

I think it was called "The Touch of Satan." That was a funny one. :lol:
cbwing0

Postby Mithrandir » Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:57 am

I don't remember titles, but my favorite episodes were:
1. Night of the Lepus.
2. The one with the marine biologist who becomes a swamp monster.
3. The one where they go into the 80 rock bar, and crow and tom star singing "Chord chord chord chord chord chord other chord." :lol:
4. Any of the ones with the Japanese kids (crow: Help you my out! I'm later for CRAM SCHOOL!!!)
Mithrandir

Return to General Entertainment