World Idol - In the spotlight

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

World Idol - In the spotlight

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:14 am

[align=center][img]http:
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby cbwing0 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:35 pm

I think of America/World Idol in much the same way that I think of Harry Potter or Survivor: mainstream garbage with inexplicable popularity. I would go so far to say that it is an embarrassment to the human race (although that just applies to American/World Idol). I'm not even talking about the problems inherent in people voting for an "idol," based on their singing/dancing abilities (you have a problem with Asian martials arts that incorporate the concept of Chi, yet this is fine?), just on the whole feel and premise of the show. My sister and mother followed it, but I refused to watch.

I do agree that Kurt is a troll, though. :lol:

I apologize if I have offended you Volt, but this is my honest opinion of American/World Idol.
cbwing0

Postby Kite » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:07 pm

Can i say that most of them are ugly as sin?
Kite

Postby Anime-Emperor » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:18 pm

Ya know, I liked Kurt fine until he beat Kelly. Then he went down on my liking list. WAY down!!!
Anime-Emperor

Postby Spencer » Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:22 pm

I don't really like the singing competition things. To me, singing is singing. As long as it isn't off key or bad or anything, then everyone is pretty much on the same level.

I'll just say this: I am not gonna start liking a band just because of how good their singer is.
:)
Spencer

Postby cbwing0 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:28 am

Cephas wrote:But if Kelly was really hated on simply for being American, then how did she make it so far? You accuse people of bias and favoritism, yet you show favoritism towards her.

Well in American Idol, the only people voting were americans, so there wasn't much of a choice. Since she won in America, she was allowed to represent America (you were probably aware of this, but it's there for those that weren't). If she really was the best singer, then how is it bias to favor her? Also, in the early stages of the competition, most people probably would have voted for the contestant from their respective country; so, the vote would have been divided and the American could advance. When it got to the end, it would have been an "America vs. the world," situation, with all the other countries united behind the troll, er, Kurt. That sounds like a plausible explanation to me, so how does it show bias?

Me defending American Idol...go figure. :lol:
cbwing0

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:16 pm

Volt's reply in Blue.
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Inferno » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:41 am

all those ppl are as ugly as sin! And how did Kelly make so far when she hated being an American?
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Fsiphskilm » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:17 pm

Okay first of all, this is geting a bit rude. I'm sure you guys
Fsiphskilm

Return to General Entertainment