Nightmare Before Christmas

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Nightmare Before Christmas

Postby Twilly Spree » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:47 pm

I just watched the Nightmare Before Christmas last night for like the millionth time. The film, as simple as it may seem, never ceases to amaze me. So much thought and detail, man I love it. I wish Tim Burton would do more films for Disney. Anywho just wanted to see if anyone else loves it as much as I do.

Oh and on a side note, new Tim Burton film coming out on Christmas Day. Totally excited to see it!
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:14 am

I love that movie!!!!
Especially the music.
Have you sen the haunted mansion holiday at Disneyland?

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Twilly Spree » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:48 am

*scratches head* Um okay Rome.

Anywho mechana, love the music! No I never have, heck I've never been to California. I have been down to Disney World though. Sorta not the same, but whatever.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby shooraijin » Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:52 am

Stop-motion animation is one of those sadly dying artforms that never ceases to impress me. It requires fantastic attention to the smallest details and agonizingly long amounts of time. In the same vein, claymation things like Aardman Animations (Wallace and Gromit) are big to me also.

I saw the signs up for the Haunted Mansion Holiday but I didn't have time to go ... :(
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Twilly Spree » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:01 am

*nods* agreed its a totally lost art. Wallace and Gromit is hysterical, so was Chicken Run.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Towi Wakka » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:13 am

It seems wierd but I hear it is really good.
:pinned: :pinned: :pinned:
"Don't be greedy and you will always win." ~ Me playing Mario Party

If you have the time please visit my site: http://www.freewebs.com/lunursoft
OR
If you are an artist please check out my deviant art page: http://towiwakka.deviantart.com/
Towi Wakka

Postby Stephen » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:19 am

Nightmare Before Christmas was awesome! Plan on buying it on DVD at some point.
Stephen

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:00 pm

Rome...just a note...might wanna check the thread title before you post...just some friendly advice. :thumb:
Anyways.
Haunted mansion holiday is hilarious...and they did new music for it. The charachter models are awesome and the changes are really cool.
The music is a bunch of rewritten christmas songs.
For example:
Deck the Halls=Wreck the Halls
Theres a song called Scary bells too.
But the really neat part of the music is the music on the ride, which is NMBC morphed with christmas music and the Haunted mansion music.
...and Shooraijin...its still there...up through Christmas and New Years.

I went to disney world...didnt get to go in that haunted mansion...I got too busy.
Alita star and me and some other people are probably going back next year cuz we love disney and want to explore certain parks more.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:26 pm

Well I don't like Holloween
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:41 am

I have this movie on VHS, and I have seen it about 10 times. The movie is awesome. Yeah, the animation is classic, and almost better than what we do now. The movie was rereleased on DVD not to long ago, I think. ::scratches head::

But yeah, I loved this movie, and I suggest all of you see it.
Heaven's Cloud

Postby Twilly Spree » Sun Dec 14, 2003 2:34 pm

Yeah it was, I need to buy it to replace my old warped up VHS. I really think Disney's traditional animation wouldn't be suffering as much if they still wrote stories and created worlds like this one. That's just my opnion anyway. I don't want to get started on my "what's wrong with Disney" rant.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby blue elf » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:49 pm

The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my all time favorite movies and has some of the best songs in a Disney movie! I haven't gotten around to buying it on dvd either though. I always liked to sing along with the music and I remember when I was like 11 and the movie had just come out on video, me and one of my friends would just watch it over and over....lol ^_^ I always thought Jack made a better Santa Claus than that big jolly guy anyway. ^_-
-BlueElf
blue elf

Postby righteous_slave » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:30 am

Definately a classic, the characters looked awesome( I like the two faced mayor and Oogi Boogie myself) Stop motion is definately a dying art as the profit of a endevor becomes the bottom line. Remeber the California Raisns and thier assorted commercials and special? Places don't want to invest the time and money anymore.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Twilly Spree » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:05 pm

Aww yeah its all about the two sided mayor!
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Return to General Entertainment