[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Classic Horror Movies - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Classic Horror Movies

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Classic Horror Movies

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:58 pm

Maybe I should of posted this in the Horror movie thread, you guys can decide.

My intention for this thread is to bring back the old horror movies. I have just started to get into horror movies, and I thought what's better to do than start with the classic's, that way I can get used to it all, Cuase I'm sort of a chicken ;)

I just rented a classic from 1968. It's called Night of the Living Dead. It reminds me of the video game The Evil Dead, also the movie, except I haven't seen that. Let's just mention some good classic horror films that you know of.

First of all I would love to mention the Nightmare on Elm Street series. That has to be one of the most horrifing movies I have seen and will ever see. The movie has the all famous Freddy Couger(sp?) in it. Now I don't watch many horror movies, and this is what started it all. This movie was rated one of the scariest ever. I can see why.

Another horrifing one is Friday the 13th. Now this is one that will be very very very popular. This movie was so scary it made me jump out of my pants. Let me quote something from the show I Love the 80's Strikes Back:

"I remember when everybody was like, I can't wait to go to camp, I can't wait! After they saw Friday the 13th they were like I DON'T WANNA GO TO CAMP!"

I have to agree with that person, I haven't been to a camp since. lol. So, anyway, do any of you have any classic horror movies to share? I would love to here about some to get me started. Maybe I should actually watch the movie I got. I guess I'll go watch it. Maybe I should rent the classic Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I don't know.
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:11 pm

I just rented a classic from 1968. It's called Night of the Living Dead. It reminds me of the video game The Evil Dead, also the movie, except I haven't seen that. Let's just mention some good classic horror films that you know of.

Technically it was made before Evil Dead, so that would make Evil Dead derivative of Night of the Living Dead. That is not surprising, because NOTLD was a revolutionary film in the genre. I would recommend that you also see the sequels Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead. In fact, a remake of Dawn of the Dead is scheduled to released in theaters next March, so you can see it then. Day of the Dead was recently re-released in a shiny new dvd version with lots of extras, so you can find that pretty easily as well.

I am also a fan of horror movies, and there are a lot of good classic horror movies.

I have not seen the original Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th, but I have seen several of the sequels (including Freddy vs. Jason). I don't really know if I want to see them, because I doubt that they would live up to their reputation after all this time. Perhaps I will rent them over the holidays. :thumb:
cbwing0

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:34 pm

Well I just finished the movie, and man o' man was it freaky. The flesh eating people, bagh! Great movie though.

Yeah, if you like Freddy vs. Jason I highly recommend seeing Nightmare on Elm Street. That basically has Freddy Couger in it as the freaky dude. But yeah, Nightmare on Elm Street is SCARY!
Heaven's Cloud

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:36 pm

The flesh eating people, bagh!

Actually, they are zombies. You will understand why I point this out if and when you see the second movie. ;)
cbwing0

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:40 pm

I see, but they do eat human flesh. I knew they were zombies to some extent, but they still eat human flesh which can creep you out.
Heaven's Cloud

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:42 pm

True. That is one of the of the creepier aspects of the series, and zombies in general.

But like I said, you will understand why I took the time to say it after you've seen the second movie. :P
cbwing0

Postby Ashley » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:20 pm

One of the admins here has the Nightmare on Elm Street box set, as well as the classic TCM. And a huge fan of Friday the 13th. I give him .2 seconds to jump on this thread. And kudos to anyone who can figure who this mystery admin is. (please, it's so obvious)
Ashley

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:22 pm

Is it Shatterheart?

I bet I'm right. :grin:
cbwing0

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:12 pm

Yes you are very right, I was hoping he would jump on this thread.
Heaven's Cloud

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:15 pm

I'm so smart. :grin:
cbwing0

Postby Stephen » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:35 pm

Jumps on thread. Why yes...another horror movie thread...I AM SO MAD! (giggles and reads all posts) Ok..let me first say that nobody is complete in there horror movie loving ways till they see the whole Nightmare On Elm St. series (yup the admin in question is me...though I bet Ami is a closet horror movie fan...NOT) Freddys sarcasm wit and just plain horrible twisted mind...make for an excellent horror flick. The Jason movies and Freddy movies...to me are equal as I cannot place one above the other...as for Texas Chainsaw Massacre...the original was great...all the sequals were less then crap...and the new one was good. As for other horror classics look into It by Stephen King.
Stephen

Postby chibi_chan » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:39 pm

yay a horrer movie thread i love horrer movies saddly its classics so i only know one. though i forgot the name it was a freddy movie (good thing i watched it at 7:00 in the morning or i woulda been freaked out)
happy go luck monkey!
ImageImage

akai tsuki wo nagameteta kara nakitai hodo boku no fuan wa
itsumo kioku no katasumi ni kasabuta mitai ni nokoru yo
itai kurai kirei datta kedo hikari no naka no boku no kage wo
ano takai kanransha de dareka ga waratta ki ga shita

hitsuji no kigurumi wo kita mama yaseta otoko no ko ga odokete
haku iki wo shiroku sasete inoru youni te wo awaseta
ano ko to sora no aida ni wa toumei na nanika ga aru kara
kitto negai wa todokanai sukoshi samuku naru yuuenchi

nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridashita yo

maboroshi no BERU ga nari keshiki ga kasumi daseba
nanimokamo uso ni naru daremo inaku naru

boku no naka no boku wo itsuka katai GARASU bin ni tsumete
hi no ataru niwa no kadan ni koneko to issho ni umeyou
mizutamari ni utsuru kao wa tsumetai ame de gushagusha ni
chigireteitta ato ni tada no iro ni kawaridasu yo

yasashiku gin'iro no ame ga machi no subete ni furisosogu
michi no haji de sagashiteita boku wo yatto mitsuketa
isu no ue ni hana no ue ni ashi ga nai roba no senaka ni
komakai ame ga furisosogu boku no ue ni mo _____.
song: Hontou no Uso by PLastic Tree lyrics:anime lyrics
chibi_chan

Return to General Entertainment