What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Re: What Movies are you Watching?

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:43 pm

I recently rewatched Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno and I Am David, showing them to a friend of mine who hadn't seen them. Good movies, if very different from each other ^_^

I also watched the second Bionicle movie, Legends of Metru Nui XD My childhood! :hug:
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun May 03, 2015 7:31 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I also watched the second Bionicle movie, Legends of Metru Nui XD My childhood! :hug:

From what I remember that was my favorite of the of the Bionicle movies! I should re-watch it sometime.

Recently I've seen:

Man of Steel - It was alright. The action and explosion were cool, but the story and characters were a little bland.

Dredd - Pretty much non-stop killing, explosions, and blood; but the story and characters were pretty cool, so to me, it felt like a little more than just an action flick. I enjoyed it.

Monsters University - Loved it! I've always liked Monsters Inc., but I never thought it was anything amazing. This was awesome! There were so many characters, and so much happened -- It was allot of fun. I also really like how SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The movie focuses on Mike so much. It really gives the viewer a different view of him. First movie in a long time that I'm tempted to give a 10/10.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue May 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Watched the third Night at the Museum. It was good, I guess? I found the ending very, very dissatisfying. And perhaps this is dark and awful, but every time I saw Robin Williams I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking during those scenes. It's sobering, really.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 16, 2015 6:30 pm

The Scarlet Pimpernel

I've never read the book (bad English major! DX), but I loved the movie. I could definitely see how it influenced several of my favorite movies, where the protagonist has to pretend to be a foppish fool to escape suspicion. It was also great to see a young Ian McKellen :3

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Awesooooooooooooome :cool: I loved this movie. Even better than the first Avengers! ^_^ I was really impressed with the writing. Love Joss Whedon!
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:46 am

Seen Avengers: Age of Ultron a couple days ago. I didn't think it was quite as good as the first one, but it was still a fantastic movie. I really liked how Hawkeye got allot more time in this one.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon May 18, 2015 8:14 pm

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Good show, more of the glorious cinema that Marvel has been putting out. Ultron get a surprising number of good lines.
Language.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun May 31, 2015 8:22 am

Rewatched Les Choristes - I recently realized that yes, it must be one of my favorite movies, because I keep on showing it to people and never get tired of it XD

I also watched Blast from the Past, a hilarious movie about a family who went into a fallout shelter in the '60s and then send their son (who was born down there) to the surface for supplies in the '90s. It was so funny to watch this guy who's never seen anyone other than his parents muddle around in the real world for the first time. And despite the amount of vulgarity, it just felt so refreshing because he'd been raised with morals and he sticks to them no matter what. (Also, I think this is the only time I've ever seen a movie where the main character, in all seriousness, asks people to stop taking God's name in vain. And people say, "You got a problem with that?" and he says forcefully, "Yes, I do!")

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:51 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:I also watched Blast from the Past, a hilarious movie about a family who went into a fallout shelter in the '60s and then send their son (who was born down there) to the surface for supplies in the '90s. It was so funny to watch this guy who's never seen anyone other than his parents muddle around in the real world for the first time. And despite the amount of vulgarity, it just felt so refreshing because he'd been raised with morals and he sticks to them no matter what. (Also, I think this is the only time I've ever seen a movie where the main character, in all seriousness, asks people to stop taking God's name in vain. And people say, "You got a problem with that?" and he says forcefully, "Yes, I do!")

Oh gosh...Blast From the Past...I love that movie!
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:23 am

Sleepy Hollow - Actually, I really liked this. It was a bit stupid and cheesy but enjoyable XD
Hellboy 2 (re-watched)
Fox And The Hound - Never actually seen this one before, by the time the tape got around to me as a kid it had already been eaten by the VCR ;-;
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - I really liked this one. The singing was good for a movie-musical and I thought the story was really good. Also, snape.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:16 am

Gimme Shelter - Wow. This movie is very raw and very real. I think it might technically qualify as a "Christian" movie, and as such I really appreciate that it's willing to really capture the reality of what goes on in this world that most Christians tend to turn a blind eye to. Because sin is real, wickedness is real, and pain is real. This movie grabbed that and shoved it in your face and said "what are you going to do about it?"
I never in a million years thought I would appreciate a movie that uses SPOILER: Highlight text to read: language and violence and sexual references. But the point was that it was real and it wasn't going to sugar coat the world and pretend that everything's peachy to avoid offending people. Whether we like it or not, that stuff is out there. And that's all the more reason to acknowledge it and face it so we can make a difference.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I really loved the way it handled abortion. Because there seems to be a very small number of people who are against abortion who actually care about the mother as much as the child. A lot of women who choose to have abortions are doing so for very hard, painful reasons. No, abortion isn't okay; but rather than rail against young women who are already hurting and broken and confused, I think it's really important to show the love of Christ and reach out to them.
And besides the plot being very good and very down-to-earth, the other aspects of the movie were very good as well. The settings, the pacing, the acting. It all flowed very well. I found myself completely drawn in by how real all the people seemed. The good wasn't plastic, the bad wasn't exaggerated. It was all so real. Cause like...you have Brendan Fraser and James Earl Jones. Of course they're gonna be good actors. But everyone, down to the random little kids, was good. I really appreciated that. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The lady who ran the home, especially. That is a very rare kind of person, and to have an actor who can portray such a unique personality so well amazes me.
My only complaint was that sometimes little things happened that didn't make sense. Like SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Why didn't she have money for a cab, but suddenly she was riding a Greyhound? What was the deal with Cassie? Did she have a baby, if not why was she never getting more pregnant throughout the movie? Why did the girls run around in the basement looking at stuff, and how did they never get caught for that? That never ended up leading anywhere.
But all in all, fantastic movie. Wow.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:57 pm

Speed Racer

I was not expecting to like this movie as much as I did, since it's based on such an old anime. Admittedly, the way they adapted it into a movie is a little weird - they chose to use a very cartoony, unrealistic style mingled with live action, I guess to hearken back to the old animation. Even though I don't care about car racing at all, the races were actually really exciting and fun (kind of like pod racing, I thought), and I was impressed with how they brought in the emotions and family dynamics that really made you care for Speed and want him to win. I even teared up at one point.

I also rewatched Arsenic and Old Lace and The Court Jester, two of my absolute favorite old comedies.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:13 pm

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

I mainly watched this movie in order to see a very young Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio. I think this is hands-down the very very best acting DiCaprio has ever done. While some of the content in this movie prevents me from recommending it wholeheartedly, I thought it was worth a watch. It's about an incredibly dysfunctional family trying to just survive, and about the oldest son who meets a girl and tries to crawl out of the miserable life he's stuck in.

I also rewatched Rope and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:50 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:What's Eating Gilbert Grape

I mainly watched this movie in order to see a very young Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio. I think this is hands-down the very very best acting DiCaprio has ever done. While some of the content in this movie prevents me from recommending it wholeheartedly, I thought it was worth a watch. It's about an incredibly dysfunctional family trying to just survive, and about the oldest son who meets a girl and tries to crawl out of the miserable life he's stuck in.

I watched this movie for the same reason. It was a good movie in some respects, but like you said, there's some content that definitely makes it...not exactly family-friendly. If I could go back I probably would not have watched it. While I liked the story, the content went a little too far for me a few times.

Also watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Haha, that was a really good, really funny movie. Super well done. I usually don't particularly care for superhero movies (which I guess this technically isn't anyways?), but I enjoyed this one. The Ranger Rick reference was probably my favorite part. Marvel outdid itself. (About time)

And Inside Out. *gasp* Kids movies shouldn't be allowed to be this deep. I actually teared up a couple times on this one. Wooooow. Really, really good movie.

ClaecElric4God

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:28 am

Finally got around to watching Legend of the Guardians (not to be confused with Rise of the Guardians or Guardians of the Galaxy :roll: ). It was really good! The animation was beautiful, the music was awesome, it was really fun to hear so many Australian accents, and the story was really gripping and interesting. I don't think I've ever seen such a good fantasy story featuring animals before. You could tell they'd done their research on how owls move and what the different species look like. You never forgot that they were owls, but it soon became more interesting and important to follow the epic story that was unfolding.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:50 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Finally got around to watching Legend of the Guardians (not to be confused with Rise of the Guardians or Guardians of the Galaxy :roll: ). It was really good! The animation was beautiful, the music was awesome, it was really fun to hear so many Australian accents, and the story was really gripping and interesting. I don't think I've ever seen such a good fantasy story featuring animals before. You could tell they'd done their research on how owls move and what the different species look like. You never forgot that they were owls, but it soon became more interesting and important to follow the epic story that was unfolding.

I liked it okay, but as a person who read the entire series when I was younger, watching 7 books get crammed into one 2-hour movie was frustrating. As a stand-alone story it was good (though I felt like if you didn't know what was going on ahead of time it would be really confusing), but I didn't like it in comparison to the books. But isn't that usually how it goes?

ClaecElric4God

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:06 pm

Chilling Romance

This is a Korean rom-com horror movie. Yes, you heard me right. Rom-com horror. I decided to watch it because I couldn't understand how two seemingly incompatible genres could be smushed together, and...strangely, it worked ._. It was legitimately a romance, legitimately a comedy, and legitimately a horror all at once. It definitely leaned more towards the rom-com side of things, and there was a lot of parodying of horror tropes, but there were also some actually creepy bits! I stand amazed.

Star Trek (the Chris Pine one)

I'm not a Trekkie by any stretch of the imagination; the only Star Trek thing I'd seen was Into Darkness before this. But since I liked that movie quite a bit, I figured I should probably see the prequel and find out how all the characters ended up together. It was a fun ride, though I thought most of the relationships weren't given enough development or time to believably turn into the strong friendships you see in Into Darkness. The highlight for me, though, was seeing Chris Hemsworth playing Chris Pine's father :laugh:

This one had been on my list for a loooooooong time, I guess since I saw the first trailer for it in theaters. For one reason or another, I just never got around to seeing it until now, but OH MY GOODNESS. I love this movie now and want to rush out and buy it! Beautiful animation, really intriguing post-apocalyptic setting and story, and I loved the couple of alchemic references they threw in there. Really cool movie.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Zeldafan2 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:56 pm

Recently watched Hotel Transylvania. While a few gags here and there hit the mark, there was way too much potty humor, and the plot was pretty cliche. On the plus side, though, the art direction was quite interesting. I'm echoing many others in saying it's the best part of the movie.
Zeldafan2

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:01 pm

The Truman Show

A really interesting movie I've been wanting to watch for years, about a man raised in an artificial world for the purpose of making a TV show about his life without him knowing about it. I realize now that Bolt was definitely inspired by this movie, which just makes me like it more. Really intriguing, and it makes the artificiality of TV really apparent. It's easy to forget all the subtle things that are used to elicit an emotional response in us viewers.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:22 pm

Home

I loved this movie! It was hilarious to watch the Boov (especially Oh, of course), and it ended up being surprisingly touching as well. I really sympathized with both Oh and Tip. And there were so many cute things in this movie, too! XD

The Water Horse

Probably the best Save The Endangered Animal movie I've ever seen (I...don't like those movies <_<). Mostly because it was set in WWII and was about a fantastical creature. Still not worth a rewatch, though.

Where the Wild Things Are

This book was never a staple of my childhood (I think we got it when my younger sisters were at the appropriate age, so I first read it as a teenager), so I didn't feel strongly one way or another about the adaptation. The whole thing just felt kind of awkward and depressing, though. Not sure if that was the intent or not, but I didn't really like it.

Coraline

Loved this movie. The animation (and the lighting!) was absolutely gorgeous, and the story was like a dark fairy tale come to life. I could definitely see this giving me nightmares as a kid, but I love its darkness and creepiness now.

One-Hour Photo

I wanted to see Robin Williams in a non-comedic role, and boy did this deliver! T_T It was so horrifying and sad at the same time; it really gripped me. Now it makes me look at people working in supermarkets a little differently. Even though they're laughing and smiling...who knows what they might be struggling with in their own lives.

Upstream Color

@_______________________@ Um...what the heck did I just watch?! :drool: This is quite possibly the trippiest, most confusing movie I've ever seen in my life.

Post Grad

Very applicable to my life right now (having recently graduated from college and currently looking for a job). Mostly just a throwaway comedy, but I really liked her quirky family (and her brother is played by the adorable kid in Martian Child! >3<)

Also rewatched the BBC Pride and Prejudice, the BBC Sense and Sensibility, Primer, and The Dust Factory.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:37 pm

M

I had this on my list as a movie about a "child murderer." I put it on there because I thought that meant a child who was a murderer, and I find that premise fascinating. Turns out it's just about a serial killer who goes after children :P So I was a little disappointed about that, but it was still very interesting to see such an old movie and watch how they told stories in this relatively new medium.

Island of Lost Souls

Another old movie that was mostly just interesting to see how they crafted it back in the '30s. I imagine the book's better.

The Road

:waah!: THIS MOVIE IS SO DEPRESSING OMG. But very, very well done. I'm kind of in awe.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:52 pm

Some time this week I'm making time to marathon all three Hobbit movies followed immediately by all three Lord of the Rings movies in one epic session. The extended versions of course. I wanted to find someone to do it with me but I don't think I'll be able to convince anyone. :(

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Sheenar » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:31 am

Mullet Death wrote:Some time this week I'm making time to marathon all three Hobbit movies followed immediately by all three Lord of the Rings movies in one epic session. The extended versions of course. I wanted to find someone to do it with me but I don't think I'll be able to convince anyone. :(

My guy friend and I did this, but the reverse (LOTR movies, then the Hobbit movies) --all extended editions. It was so fun!

I'd watch with you if I were closer. I love these movies (though I have to forget about the books while watching them or they bother me xP).
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:14 pm

Because it's been a couple months since I've posted in here (and since I don't like just sitting here talking to myself, I was waiting for someone else to post first :P), I'll just post a quick list of the new movies I've seen since my last post:

Good Will Hunting
Inside Out
Let the Right One In
The Imitation Game
Corpse Bride
Gaslight
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Live Die Repeat/Edge of Tomorrow
In Time
Authors Anonymous
Premonition
The Green Mile
Beastly
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Act of Valor
The Dark Crystal

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Recently I watched two different kung-fu sports movies and a few Godzillas with my boyfriend, really fun movies tbh.(The titles escape me)
Finished off the Harry Potter series, though I'm still on the last book.
Star Wars episode VII which was good, I've never been obsessed, but it was still good.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Mona Lisa Smile

A thought-provoking story of a feminist art teacher trying to teach the best and brightest students in the most conservative all-girls school in the country. Though I normally find feminist diatribes annoying, there were some good points made in this movie, and they actually put forward a pretty balanced view.

Black Lightning

My description of this is "Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang meets Spiderman" :lol: A kind of cheesy Russian movie about a guy who becomes a vigilante hero when he discovers that his car can fly.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hilarious. I'd never been particularly interested in this movie - I thought it looked too dumb - until I realized that Martin Freeman is in it. And I will put up with a lot for Martin Freeman's sake XD He rocked, of course, and all of it was pretty hilarious. My favorite part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqXLwNj2RE

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:29 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hilarious. I'd never been particularly interested in this movie - I thought it looked too dumb - until I realized that Martin Freeman is in it. And I will put up with a lot for Martin Freeman's sake XD He rocked, of course, and all of it was pretty hilarious. My favorite part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqXLwNj2RE

An excellent movie, and that's one of the best parts too. Did you catch that Alan Rickman was Marvin?
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:32 am

MomentOfInertia wrote:Did you catch that Alan Rickman was Marvin?

Absolutely. His voice is kind of hard to mistake :lol:

Hellboy

An okay action movie, but overall kind of meh. The characters didn't have much depth or development.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Kaori » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:34 pm

Schindler's List

I don't know what I could possibly say about this film that would be adequate, but I also feel like there is nothing that needs to be said because it is already so highly regarded that nothing I could say would significantly add to that.

Fritz Lang's Metropolis

This film is old enough that it is in the public domain and can be legally watched online for free, which is what I did.

The plot was based on a 1925 novel by the same title, which was very much about things like the Industrial Revolution and industrial working conditions and revolutionary movements (not glorifying them, however), and it was also very Romanticism-influenced, with the message being that the Heart is needed to mediate between the Head (planner of the city) and the Hands (the common workers).

It also had several plot holes the size of Texas, like SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the male lead (Freder) not being the spoiled brat we expect him to be after being fed with a silver spoon all his life; his father (the guy in charge of everything) having the idiotic idea to let all the workers run amok deliberately so that he could use force against them rather than allowing them to continue to be placated by religion (the only thing that was keeping them from revolting); and the workers destroying a machine the destruction of which would result in their entire workers’ quarters being flooded (which would have drowned all of their children had they not evacuated).

Also it was rather plagiaristic both in terms of visuals (the cathedral was based on Notre Dame) and music; I was particularly unimpressed by the score, which was a mishmash of famous classical music themes ranging from Berlioz’s Symphonie Fantastique to the Marseillaise.

But it had some very great moments in terms of cinematography, and it was very interesting to see how films told stories back in the days of silent films and how heavily they had to rely on visuals and visual symbolism for everything. For example, it communicates wordlessly, in a way that is not literal-realistic but symbolic-realistic, the way that the workers are like cogs in a machine and are moving mechanically. The visual symbols surrounding that concept and the way that things like the workers’ jerky, machine-like movements were symbolic rather than realistic, very powerfully conveyed what the director was communicating about the dehumanization of the working class, I think perhaps much more powerfully if the film had stuck to strict realism.

Also it was quite interesting to see the ways in which Tezuka Osamu’s Metropolis (which I love) is similar to and different from this. I had read previously that Tezuka Osamu’s Metropolis actually had very little to do with Fritz Lang’s. However, after having seen this I can see the ways in which the latter is a tribute to the former and also how Tezuka took some of the ideas and changed them, while still keeping some of the same structure. The most obvious tributes are in visual imagery, but there are some strong plot similarities as well.

Overall I am glad to have seen this classic and seminal film.
BlogMAL

“Leave your heart, and look into the face of Christ.” -Andrew Murray
Kaori

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:04 pm

The movies I've watched since my last post:

Dark City
Drive
Nell
The Shop Around the Corner
Zootopia
North by Northwest
Strangers on a Train
Suspicion
I Confess
The Wrong Man
The Monuments Men

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Kaori » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:52 am

That's a lot of Hitchcock there. What did you think of I Confess?
BlogMAL

“Leave your heart, and look into the face of Christ.” -Andrew Murray
Kaori

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment