What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:01 pm

Watched Se7en last night and loved it and I watched bone collector also which was another great thiller. Thinking about watching BoogeyMan tonight.

bbboy21 wrote:Collateral

awesome movie.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Authority3000 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:47 pm

The last few movies I saw were...

The Pianist - Downright excellent film, considerably better then Schindler's List in a variety of ways, IMO. :thumbsup:

Narnia (2006) - Pretty good, I found many of the objections some people had with it rather irrelevant. :thumbsup:

Johnny Mnemonic
- What a gory, cheesy, boring, waste of talent. IMO. :thumbsdow

Plan Nine From Outerspace (1958) - although I attempt to give every film I view an honest artistic deduction, this movie can be effectively summed up in a single word: Terrible. :thumbsdow
Authority3000

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:15 pm

Authority3000 wrote:
Plan Nine From Outerspace (1958) - although I attempt to give every film I view an honest artistic deduction, this movie can be effectively summed up in a single word: Terrible. :thumbsdow

Isn't that an Ed Wood movie? Cause that would explain it then... and if you knew it was an Ed Wood movie... what were you expecting???
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Authority3000 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:47 pm

Scarecrow wrote:Isn't that an Ed Wood movie? Cause that would explain it then... and if you knew it was an Ed Wood movie... what were you expecting???
For it to be terrible. I wasn't complaining about it (I knew what I was getting into before I saw it), just taking casual note of its terribleness.
Authority3000

Postby dragonshimmer » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:58 pm

The last movie I watched was Chronicles of Narnia : )
dragonshimmer

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:49 pm

Heh either this topic hasnt been too popular, or not many people have been watching non-anime movies^^

Anywho... watched UHF on the weekend^^ Been wanting to see that... since they showed clips of it in camp 3 years ago.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby rurouninaruto » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:16 pm

I will be watching the Matrix soon, Serinity, The Chronicles of Riddick, and Cast Away. I am also going to watch X3: The Last Stand soon, when it comes to the dollar theater.
rurouninaruto

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:03 pm

Lets see I watched Silent Hill last saturday and I loved it. Very interesting. And I watched RV tonight, pretty funny movie they could have used less inuendo and language for a PG movie but still a very funny movie. Also I am gonna be watching Final Destination 3 in just a few minutes

EDIT: Ok watch FD3 last night and well it was a all out gore fest. Buuuut for some reason I liked it (not the Gore but the movie itself)

GrubbTheFragger

Postby soul alive » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:51 pm

Three Day Labor Day Weekend Movie Marathon! lol

Last night I watched:
Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (imho, not as good as the first one)
The Sixth Sense (hadn't seen it since I went to it in the theater, and really had been wanting to see it again)
An Unfinished Life (I loved this movie. Being a [former] cowgirl from Wyoming made it even better. If you haven't seen it, go rent it.)

Tonight I watched:
V for Vendetta (second time in the last month or so)

And I'm about to watch The Village for the first time.

Tomorrow we're watching:
Annapolis
Firewall
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:28 am

V for Vindetta... I actually thought it was pretty awesome but I had a couple minor complaints... but other than that I thought it was awesome. The best part... the part with the dominos :P I dunno I just thought that whole scene with the guy telling how V's plan is gonna come together with the whole domino thing was awesome. And I want to get one of those masks.

Oh I saw FD3 too... It was oooooook but I thought it was a bit boring. I liked the first one, the second was a decent sequal but this one had nothing new or interesting really. The whole thing just felt tired... needed some new twists or something to spice it up.
Scarecrow

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:03 pm

Gosford Park last night - one of my faves.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Sai » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:57 pm

I'm watching holes. Good movie.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Authority3000 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:48 pm

I recently saw Monster House; I loathed it: It was full of weird, unfunny humor and innuendo, had a rather non-amusing (read: boring) storyline and several scenes that conveyed many undesirable messages to kids. Not recommended.
Authority3000

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:30 pm

Just watched Braveheart because it was on TV and one of my friends seems to like it.

I think I might have enjoyed it more prior to all the massive, ginormous Mel Gibson overexposure what with the controversial ranting, drunken behavior and Passion of the Christ hooplah. It's really hard to see William Wallace, and not a very shaggy Scottish talking Mel. By 'hard' I think I mean impossible >_<

Still, the setting and soundtrack were gorgeous and I was quite fond of the supporting cast.
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:51 am

Authority3000 wrote:I recently saw Monster House]

I enjoyed it but you are right it had some messages that really should have been in a Pg movie.

Scarecrow wrote: V for Vindetta... I actually thought it was pretty awesome but I had a couple minor complaints... but other than that I thought it was awesome. The best part... the part with the dominos I dunno I just thought that whole scene with the guy telling how V's plan is gonna come together with the whole domino thing was awesome. And I want to get one of those masks.

Oh I saw FD3 too... It was oooooook but I thought it was a bit boring. I liked the first one, the second was a decent sequal but this one had nothing new or interesting really. The whole thing just felt tired... needed some new twists or something to spice it up.
V for Vendetta was a great movie and well FD3 you were right if you are expecting twists then don't watch FD3. Those movies have always been more in the "Guilty Pleasur" catagory they are there to make gore and a few shocks.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Sai » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:53 pm

We just watched this weird movie called Love comes Softly or maybe it was Love comes Slowly. It was ok i guess.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:05 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ella Enchanted yesterday on TBS.This is one of the few fun films that have been made in recent years and is worth the viewing.To be frank it reminded me of a live action version of Shrek down to the song and dance finale.
mitsuki lover

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:35 am

Watched Kill Bill last night. I liked it alot and the fight scene with all the ninjas was black and white because i think they would have ran out of fake blood XD

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Scarecrow » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:22 pm

Omg I love Kill Bill. That movie is so awesome... I'm not a big fan of like Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs but Kill Bill is great. I personally prefer v1 over 2 but both rock.

FD3 you were right if you are expecting twists then don't watch FD3. Those movies have always been more in the "Guilty Pleasur" catagory they are there to make gore and a few shocks.

Yea I know its a guilty pleasure gorefest but the other two were better still. You at least cared about the characters in the other ones. 2 was able to pull a few twists despite being a repeat of 1 (death going backwards, tying up lose ends etc). 3 is just... unlikeable characters, not enough suspense, and absolutly nothing new... even the roller coaster accident was a bit underwhelming especially compaired to the Highway crash in FD2...

Saw Just My Luck.. and it was stupid. And thats all there is to it :P
Scarecrow

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:33 pm

Scarecrow wrote:Yea I know its a guilty pleasure gorefest but the other two were better still. You at least cared about the characters in the other ones. 2 was able to pull a few twists despite being a repeat of 1 (death going backwards, tying up lose ends etc). 3 is just... unlikeable characters, not enough suspense, and absolutly nothing new... even the roller coaster accident was a bit underwhelming especially compaired to the Highway crash in FD2...

Yea you are right the only really likible charecters were the skptic (bad spelling oh well) and [spoiler=FD3] the final girls boyfriend who dies on the rollercoaster[/spoiler] I actually was more creeped out by the rollercoaster in 3 than any of the other diasters. Btw i did use horror movie terms discribing the characters.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:11 pm

Concidering FD3, I pansied out on this one^^ My friend and I totally hid every time someone was gunna die... one of those "you can see it coming" movies so the suspense of what would happen was too much.... and I was choked that on the Canadian version of the DVD we rented it said on the cover that the ONLY objectional things on the movie was gore and coarse language. Didn't even MENTION nudity >_< Oy... :/

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:38 pm

Dear Frankie. I've been wanting to see this for a while now; it's quite good.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Stephen » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:29 pm

Watched the original Crow with the commentary on last night. Great movie, tragic loss of Brandon.
Stephen

Postby Locke » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:34 pm

Refer Madness. Drugs...in the 50's? No way!
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:06 pm

I need to get Gettysburg so I can have both Gods And Generals and Gettysburg.
Gods And Generals was one of the best historical movies I have ever seen although at 4 hours you can see why it is best to watch on DVD,and the same with
Gettysburg.
mitsuki lover

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:19 pm

I saw The Little Mermaid for the first time last night. XD It was cute! :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rocklobster » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:18 am

It's taken you this long? Have you ever read the original? BTW, skip the sequel.
Anyway, just saw School of Rock. It was very funny! I highly recommend it. The PG-13 rating was a little harsh though.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:57 pm

Thought I might as well bring this back from a couple pages, since it was attempted to be started again in another topic The TV show topic always seems to be going steady, along with me watching WAY more movies than TV shows. I dunno, I like these "what are you watching/reading/etc." topics and not sure why this one was fading away :/ So, I decided to do a list of not only the last movie I saw, but try to remember and list all the movies that I've watched this month alone...

Lady in the Water
The Nutty Professor
Nacho Libre
Alladin and the King of Theives
Employee of the Month
Mulan 2
Escape From Alcatraz
Kill Bill vol. 2 (only saw a few bits from the first)
Snakes on a Plane
Zathura
Eragon

...might've missed one or so, but that's my on-going movie list. Been a while since I've been in "movie-mode", but with no classes at the moment I'm home more and my friend's home from college, so we get together often to watch stuff^^

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Sai » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:11 pm

My family and myself have been watching Poirot movies. They are pretty funny IMO.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:05 pm

The Hunt for Red October. Montana not featured in this film.
Fish and Chips

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment