What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Sai » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:27 pm

I'm watchin Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Gotta love the kid catcher.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Linksquest » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:00 pm

Sai wrote:I'm watchin Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Gotta love the kid catcher.

I love that movie. It's such a classic.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Shuji » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:01 pm

Nacho Libre
Shuji

Postby Linksquest » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:03 pm

Shuji wrote:Nacho Libre

I really want to see that. Was it good?
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.

Linksquest

Postby Shuji » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:10 pm

In a word, yes, it was awesome.
Shuji

Postby Sai » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:36 am

I want to see Nacho tonight but... my parents have a party to go to so im thinking not.. :(
"Bother"
Sai

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:31 pm

My friends and I seem to be going on one of our usual summer Disney binges (didn't have one last year though). This year's been sorta unintentional though^^ Tonight we watched Hunchback of Notre Dame and caught most of A Bug's Life on TV.
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:47 pm

Linksquest wrote:Today I watched X-men 3. It wasn't as good as I thought. I had high expectations for it. The action and the special effects were fabulous... the acting was also really good. The writing... was... sub-par IMHO.

BRING BACK SOLID SN... I mean, David Hayter! Haha, actually, it's ok having a different writer, but I did prefer the first two movies...

I haven't watched ANY movies for a while... Last one was cars, in theaters obviously... That was the first week it was open, whenever that was, and I haven't watched any movies, new or old, since then...

Cars was nice, though... I think it ranks... maybe 4th out of pixar's canon... Incredibles is first, Monsters inc is second, and toy story 2 is third... I really loved all the visual car jokes... The carflies and the hood ornament butte and the old... um... what kind of car was that? Well, the car design for the hills... So much fun. I know the "City Slicker learns a lesson in life from country folk" is cliché, but their treatment of it was fresh, and it was just plain a good movie...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Phil Hartman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:31 am

“I benefit from the Mr. Potato Head syndrome. Put a wig and a nose and glasses on me, and I disappear.â€
Phil Hartman

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:44 am

I'm a fan of The Dark Crystal and all so I picked up "Jim Hensons The Storyteller" Collection the other day. I think it was a tv series from the late 80's early 90's... only lasted not even one season I guess cause it wasn't mainstream enough. Anyway, I love what I've watched so far. There are 13 episodes and I've watched 6 of them. Totally recommened if you liked either The Dark Crystal or Labyrinth.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:39 am

Phil Hartman wrote:I managed to tape the Digimon Movie on Toon Disney. 'Twas okay I guess... not really a fan of the series, but I liked the animation and characters.

I also watched Anchorman on DVD. I guess when the box says "unrated," they certainly do mean it - quite a number of vulgarities that you wouldn't normally hear on a sunny day. It kind of made me wish I had seen the original PG-13 version that aired in theaters (I can't seem to find that version on DVD).

If you thought the movie was just "Ok" you should see them as how they were meant to be: 3 seperate movies with 30 mins extra footage cause they all crammed them together >_< Better music too^^

With Ancorman... I watched the theatre version and remember a couple bad scenes... didn't see the DVD though. I do know from experience though, that not ALL "unrated" DVDs are worse than the theatrical. Used to watcha ton many years back and they were like, seriously the same :/ The only thign I remember that was a HUGE difference was when we rented The Dukes of Hazard movie and had very random uneccessary scenes that my friends that went to the theatre and saw, said wasn't in it >_< Made me mad cause unless there was a regular AND unrated version, the back of my DVD rated it PG and did NOT mention nudity or anything under the "bad stuff list" :/
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Phil Hartman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:57 pm

“I benefit from the Mr. Potato Head syndrome. Put a wig and a nose and glasses on me, and I disappear.â€
Phil Hartman

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:47 am

Bobtheduck wrote:BRING BACK SOLID SN... I mean, David Hayter! Haha, actually, it's ok having a different writer, but I did prefer the first two movies...
Well... having a different writer is all fine and good... but I didn't even know their was a different writer until AFTER I saw X-men 3... And I thought that the writing was bad before I even knew the writer was different. Now that I think about it... it's really obvious: The same writer wouldn't have written x-men 3 like... THAT. :lol:

I watched The Forgotten again yesterday! Such an awesome sci-fi movie!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:47 pm

Phew! Just finished three movies over the last 24 hours.

Crash - This movie was a very intense emotional rollercoaster ride with some amazing, and disturbing, scenes. There were definite content issues but the overall theme of racial stereotypes and discrimination was insightful. But why were Asian Americans handed such limited, two-dimensional roles? It would have been nice to have at least one major Asian American character, rather than relegating them to somewhat unpleasant, stereotypical cameos :/

The Station Agent - In which an anti-social dwarf inherits a train station in the middle of nowhere and ends up with an artist and a coffee vendor forcefully befriending him. Peter Dinklage is a new favorite actor of mine, he was great in this film ^^ Overall, this was a really quirky movie with alot of heart, but it also had an edge. The characters had genuine issues and there were numerous points that had me worrying about whether or not there would be a happy ending.

March of the Penguins - Penguins! Fluffy baby penguins! Morgan Freeman! EEEE!! ^.^ My only complaint is stoopid natural selection >_<
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Scarecrow » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:30 pm

I just finished watching The United States of Leland. Its about this teen, Leland, who kills his girlfriends retarted brother for no apparent reason and is arrested for the murder. Umm... the movie was quite similar to Donnie Darko in characters, theme and tone (the plots are totally differnt though). Basically the boy is this detatched kind of character who sees the world as a depressing and sad place and really has no emotion for anything. In prison, this author wants to write a book on the kid and trys to find out his motive for the murder. I liked it ok for the most part but my main complaint was got a bit on the preachy side (it did bring up some good points though...) There are a couple biblical parallels and seemed like it wanted to tell a redemptive story. But like everything else out of hollywood, no answers are given and the ending is kind of muddled along with where it stands as far as Leland being right or wrong in what he did.
Scarecrow

Postby The Last Bard » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:45 pm

I'm about to watch Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers again...
The Last Bard

Postby Linksquest » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:04 pm

We watched 8- Legged Freaks (which was lame). And then we watched Men in Black again. I love that movie!
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby soul alive » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:32 am

Just bought and watched 'The Mask of Zorro.' Good movie.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Linksquest » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:50 pm

RV was much funnier than I thought. It's a great movie and I definately recommend it!

SUPERMAN RETURNS
we watched in the theatre today. It was a weird experience for me. It was just OK IMHO.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby Angel37 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:52 pm

Guess who has Pirates of the Caribbean 2 tickets for opening day? Chu-Chu and me!!!!!!!!!
Angel37

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:44 pm

I saw The hill have eyes which was a decent horror movie at best. And i saw superman returns which was better than i expected but still not great IMO
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Linksquest » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:40 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:I saw The hill have eyes which was a decent horror movie at best.

So are you saying that you did or that you didn't like it? It looked pretty interesting to me from the previews but I haven't seen it as of yet.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

Linksquest

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:13 pm

I saw Chocolat the other day. It sucked. It started out interesting at the very beginning but then got boring and drug on waaaay too long. And the message reminded me of Pleasantville only not as in your face.

And in 3 hours I'll be at the midnight showing of Pirates II!!! Cant wait :P I know that should be good. I loved the first one.
Scarecrow

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:21 pm

GASP! I LOVED Chocolat! Then again, I'm a girl, and that movie was a total chick-flick. It's really good, though. XD

As for me, I watched Grease tonight. :3
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:51 pm

Oo, Chocolat. You can't go wrong with Judi Dench, Alfred Molina and Johnny Depp. But each to their own *shrugs*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:08 pm

Well the performances were good, nothing wrong there. And the chocolate looked delicious. But yea overall it just didn't work for me. I did like the fairy tale feel it had going at the beginning but it kind of lost that charm as it went on.
Scarecrow

Postby The Last Bard » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:26 pm

I watched Superman Returns the other night. But I'm sorry, I really don't care for Superman. There are just WAY too many things that annoy me about it.
The Last Bard

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:26 pm

I just got back from seeing Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest an hour ago, and I LOVED it! *more on that in the thread dedicated to the subject in the entertainment forum* :lol:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:55 pm

I just got done watching Glory, which is an amazing movie. One of the few movies to almost make me cry. In case you don't know Glory is about the 54th Massachusetts, one of the first black regiments created during the Civil War.

If you think that all Civil War movies are boring, this one will prove you wrong. The last scene with the regiment trying to take the fort was amazing. It's a little old, 1998, but it is still well done. Denzel Washington and Matthew Broderik do amazing jobs with there characters as well as Morgan Freeman, but he's good all the time. Watch this movie, you will not regret it.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:21 am

Undertaker64 wrote:I just got done watching Glory, which is an amazing movie. One of the few movies to almost make me cry. In case you don't know Glory is about the 54th Massachusetts, one of the first black regiments created during the Civil War.

Awesome movie! It was a bit slow but the story (which is true) is one of the best war stories ever. Deffiently a movie i am glad to have in my collection.

LQ wrote:So are you saying that you did or that you didn't like it? It looked pretty interesting to me from the previews but I haven't seen it as of yet.

Yes i did like it but I expected it to be scarier and not have a partial rape scene in it.

Now the movies I am watching are hopefully POC2 tonight and Maybe Saw2 also.

EDIT: Ok just watched Saw 2 and let me say this it was freaking awesome. Beats the first on all accounts. It was an amazing thiller.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment