What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Re: What Movies are you Watching?

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:53 pm

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Spread the bolt love ;w; <3

Most recently, I watched Sixth Sense for the first time in a good long while. I'd forgotten just how stellar that movie is <3
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:28 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:
Panda4christ:3 wrote:Spread the bolt love ;w; <3

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Most recently, I watched Sixth Sense for the first time in a good long while. I'd forgotten just how stellar that movie is <3

This reminded me I need to re-watch this movie~ XD
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:02 am

The Ghost and the Darkness

Based on the account about the Maneaters of Tsavo. Gotta love Val Kilmer and Michael Douglas is a bonus.

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat May 03, 2014 3:01 pm

Rise of the Guardians - Surprisingly good! This is the only movie I've ever seen where I can actually stand Santa Claus, lol. I really enjoyed the animation, the action, and the fresh spin they gave on all the Guardians. There was even a quiet hint of truth that I really enjoyed, with Jack asking the Moon what his purpose is and why he was made.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby LastLfan » Wed May 14, 2014 8:00 pm

I just watched dr. Horribles sing-along blog...for the fourth time. Man i love this movie, great cast great songs great plot
LastLfan

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed May 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Watched The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

A good movie, if you've seen any of the other LOTOR/Hobbit movies this is more of the same. I do have to note that the Hobbit is trending a lot closer to "loosely based" territory than the first trilogy's "Almost a direct adaptation".

Also the ending is an exquisitely timed cliffhanger. Drove my little brother right up the wall it did.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby GeneD » Sat May 17, 2014 10:27 am

I finally watched Frozen and yeah, it was pretty sweet.
GeneD

Postby LastLfan » Sun May 18, 2014 9:50 am

I also just watched frozen, agreed pretty good movie
LastLfan

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Gimme Shelter - Good movie, not for everyone, but still good.

12 Years A Slave - I actually watched this one a while ago and never really said anything (I don't have much to add). Great movie though, it deserved the awards.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 - Wasn't mind blowing, but I'm a bit of a spiderman fan so I still enjoyed it immensely~
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Though I don't think they'll ever get Goblin/Hobgoblin costumes right.

Gattaca - I think out of the movies I put on here, I actually enjoyed this most. I wish I had something deep and intellectual to say about it, but I really don't.

Divergent - Saw this back in march lol. Nice adaption, it wasn't completely tied to the book and I enjoyed that (I personally felt it would be a little boring if it had). Though it was definitely cheesy at moments (especially the ending).
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Al's part in the story was rushed, and I feel like Tris felt more harsh towards him than in the book.

EDIT: aannnnd I forgot Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. Which was an odd, cute, and pretty funny movie that I enjoyed~

Postby CinniScrib » Thu May 22, 2014 7:04 pm

The Lego Movie

CinniScrib

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:23 am

I've recently rewatched a bunch of old favorites because I was bored:

The Birds
Wait Until Dark
Treasure Island (1990)
Treasure Planet
AI: Artificial Intelligence
The Mark of Zorro
The Black Swan (1942)
Les Choristes
Martian Child
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Recently saw the new Godzilla and Xmen: Days Of Future Past. Neither one were particularly mind-blowing, but both were pretty fun popcorn movies.
Though I won't deny seeing Godzilla SPOILER: Highlight text to read: shoot blue flames(?) and rip a giant moth's head off wasn't just a little bit mind-blowing XD (In a different sense, though).

Postby TheAlbinoMoose » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Saw The Fault in Our Stars. I'm not sure why people go crazy over it. I just thought it was sad :(
Do you see this gorgeous creature?
That graceful profile. Those striking eyes. Behold the albino moose.
A wise man once said, "you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friend's nose."
TheAlbinoMoose

Postby IPv4 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Recently saw "Attack the Block" mainly because I had nothing else to do. It made me smile sometimes but was generally poorly made. Lousy special effects. I give it 1 out of 5 toasts.
IPv4

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:48 pm

Captain America: The First Avenger - I still think that the concept and design of Captain America is the stupidest superhero I've ever seen, but I enjoyed this movie. It was nice to see a lot of familiar faces that I didn't realize were going to be in it - like Hugo Weaving, for example. And I think it did an excellent job of explaining why Captain America is the way he is.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby CinniScrib » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Captain Harlock/Space Pirate Captain Harlock

Been looking for months for an uploaded subbed/dubbed version of this movie! Gotta love that Isola is Ezra and Yama is Logan in the dub.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Man wasn't expecting the Earth to be a giant lie. I mean you have to figure something is fishy when they're all "no one may touch this planet" There will always be ones who are 'exceptions to the rules' hence the elites/politicians who got to live there. Young Harlock though... *swoons* Poor guy! Wonder how he got his scar but at least we see how he loses an eye. Bummer. I was wondering why only the two bros got really hurt when Nami was with them too, then HELLO! Hologram projection of her consciousness! Meanwhile Ezra has the right to be upset, his brother's obsession caused him to loose use of his legs but he's just a revenge monster now. But he did good in the end even if he was still being stupid aka kill his brother.

As soon as Yama lost an eye I knew it had to signify something. Almost identical scar to Harlock? My first thought was "He's just like Harlock. The new Harlock." Nice way to hand off the Harlock mantle. Any time a new character has similar hair/face to the hero, it's time to guess it's passing the legacy on time. Classic move. Though it's obvious that Harlock was hurt and is now no longer immortal, at least he didn't out right die. He'll live a while longer, probably teaching Yama his ways. Though there will only ever be one Harlock, it was a good ending since it wasn't all *dying breath* "Be me now" but rather, sit back and watch.

Maybe we'll get a reboot series based on the movie, even though the tv show is a classic. (I only ever saw parts).

Needless to say, the designs and CGI were amazing. Not to go: MOGSH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT (Mind you all, I'm an Animation & Visual Effects student), but still nice to look at though parts of the movie could have been a bit better with consistency of style. Still in all: Good movie, even if you don't know the original story (Which I only know bits).

CinniScrib

Postby IPv4 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:37 am

I saw edge of tomorrow (a tom cruise movie) on the cinema with 3D-glasses. It was ok (warning for a lot of violence). I had really low expectations for it but Im glad that I watched it. However, this is probably a cinema movie which only should be seen on a CINEMA!! :P

Ironically I would probably not wanna watch this movie again since I know everything that happens now.

I give it 6 out of 5 toasts/points/whatever
IPv4

Postby Adie » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Watched Clue earlier while I was eating dinner. :) It was a very fun/enjoyable movie!
Adie

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:16 pm

Rewatched The Avengers, because I couldn't really remember everything that happened. It all made a lot more sense now that I've seen the first Thor and Captain America movies!

I also saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I really liked this one. Captain America has now gone from the stupidest superhero idea I've ever heard of...to the stupidest superhero idea with the best character I've ever heard of <3 He's awesome. I looooooooooved the gadgets in this movie - the Falcon, the mechanical arm.... Really good action scenes. I also liked the developments they made with S.H.I.E.L.D. That seemed like a daring thing to do.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GeneD » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:35 pm

I watched Pitch Perfect this weekend and it's scary how much I like it/have re-watched the musical numbers.
GeneD

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:10 pm

Saw The LEGO Movie. A very silly movie. Do not expect depth from it.

But it is high quality silliness; the younger kids will giggle at the wacky antics and the parents will get a few good chuckles form the references made.

I highly recommend it as a family movie.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:36 pm

MomentOfInertia wrote:Saw The LEGO Movie. A very silly movie. Do not expect depth from it.

But it is high quality silliness; the younger kids will giggle at the wacky antics and the parents will get a few good chuckles form the references made.

I highly recommend it as a family movie.

I just saw the LEGO Movie too! :D But I actually had the opposite reaction to it: It's a tremendously silly movie, but I do think there is a surprising amount of depth in it. There's actually a really beautiful allegorical message you can read into it, about how God created us to be creative beings (and I don't think that's too farfetched, since they do refer to the "Man Upstairs"). And even if you think that's asking too much when I'm pretty sure the creators weren't intending such a message, you can at least see a wonderful message about creativity and how you shouldn't worry if something seems stupid or useless - just try it out and see. I found the whole movie very encouraging and even inspiring, because the advice they give about building things can apply to any creative activity (story-writing, for me).

...And maybe this is just me, or maybe the movie just caught me in the right mood, but...the ending made me cry. Quite a lot, actually.

I love this movie and heartily recommend it to...yeah, just about anyone. It's hilarious, loads of fun, and also very encouraging. And very fun to see Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman as LEGOs :lol:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Recently, I've finally gotten around to watching the Iron Man trilogy. The first two were okay, and fun to watch, but the third one takes the cake. I don't think I've ever seen a superhero movie deal with PTSD before, but I thought this one did a really good job of it. It makes a very good follow-up to The Avengers, especially because I always was a little annoyed that Iron Man seemed so little affected by the huge battle they'd fought - especially the part that he had to play, which he barely survived. So Iron Man 3 was very satisfying as a follow-up.

I also watched X-Men: Days of Future Past. I...feel like I missed something somewhere along the line, though that might just be because I've only seen each X-Men movie once except for the first one, so I might just be forgetting something vital. As too often happens, the time travel leaves me scratching my head somewhat, but I'll let it slide because it's X-Men. Those powers were pretty hardcore :cool:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:28 am

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Wow, what an awesome ride. The actors must have been having the time of their lives. Outstanding from beginning to end. Groot and Rocket Raccoon were the best characters.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:34 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:Though I won't deny seeing Godzilla SPOILER: Highlight text to read: shoot blue flames(?) and rip a giant moth's head off wasn't just a little bit mind-blowing XD (In a different sense, though).

That moment made the whole movie worth it; so awesome! Plus any time Godzilla roared was epic; if nothing else, the movie had great sound and visual effects.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:00 pm

I've now seen two different movies of Mansfield Park, and nobody can seem to get Fanny Price right! :shady: I guess they're afraid she won't be interesting enough or something, so they change her personality to make her bolder and more opinionated, occasionally even changing the plot. :shake:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Kilvakar » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:53 pm

I recently watched Harlock: Space Pirate as well, having just finished the original anime series. I liked it, but I personally didn't like the plot twist near the end. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It just didn't make sense that Harlock was the one who ruined Earth, I mean, he's supposed to be Earth's protector!

Also got to see Guardians of the Galaxy with some of my best friends, and that movie is pure awesomeness!! :rock: Definitely one of my favorite Marvel movies, Starlord, Rocket and Groot are the best! But the whole movie was awesome all the way through. :grin:
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Sheenar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:15 am

Recently watched The Producers (the one with Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel) --what a weird, but fun and hilarious movie. Loved it. :)

Went to a movie at the theater for the first time in over a year --saw The Hundred Foot Journey with my aunt, uncle, and a couple of family friends. Was a super cute and fun movie. Definitely one I will re-watch when it comes out on DVD.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:32 pm

Rewatched The LEGO Movie, which never gets old <3

I also watched Se7en, which I really liked. It's exactly the kind of serial killer thriller mystery thing that I go for. Even though it very justly deserved its R rating, I think they still handled the gore very tastefully. Plus, I mean...Morgan Freeman. He could make a phone book sound interesting ;)
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby LastLfan » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Rewatched Scott pilgrim, such a good film
LastLfan

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment