Big Shot's Funeral

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Big Shot's Funeral

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:29 am

Has anyone seen this? It's the only chinese/american combined effort I know about that is not a martial arts movie... I think it's great, so far (I'm in the middle of watching on TV) It's in Chinese and in English, because there are speakers of both...

The basic idea is this HUGE American movie director, who is very eccentric, wanted a comedy funeral. He entrusts his Chinese cameraman with this Job and his cameraman has to get it publicised and gain worldwide attention. They have no money, so they come up with the idea of selling advertisement space, and all of the ads become this big show, with rotating billboards, mosaic crowds, and ads painted on everything from the hearse, to planning on ads to put on the corpse at the televised viewing...

It's a very funny movie, has anyone else seen this? I've never seen anything like it, I've never seen anything like it, I've never seen anything like it in my life... sorry, just had flashbacks of the old "Dr. Doolittle"

As a side note, I didn't expect a chinese movie (since Hong Kong is the CENTER of all pirate activity in the world) to have some serious stance against video piracy... That's one of several nice surprises in this...

It is a little strange, and the acting is very forced in some cases (at least in the English speaking part, I can't really tell in Chinese...) but this is a nice, quirky movie... Hmm... Check it out! It's not for everyone, but for those it is for, you should check it out just in case... man, that makes no sense, but I liked it anyhow...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:44 am

Intersting. I'll have to rent this some time and check it out.
Azier the Swordsman

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:13 pm

I just saw it. It was an okay movie, the anti-piracy part was very interesting. Chinese sounds like an interesting language, I'll have to learn it sometime.
Azier the Swordsman

Return to General Entertainment