for people who live in Australia...

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

for people who live in Australia...

Postby LorentzForce » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:02 pm

i suggest a movie that's coming on at Sunday on SBS, called Shiri.

well, let me review it... (i've got myself the DVD)

1) it's violent. obviously, guns are involves, with elite agents involved. which mean main characters don't die easily, but still bleed a lot.
2) it's about war and love. critics say it's 49% war and 51% love. why, don't ask me, look up on google.
3) it's good, from my personal experience.

if you can stand the blood and the violence, then you should definately see it. it does convey all the differences between North Korea and South Korea, although it's not to the full extent, it's good enough.

and believe it or not, this movie is rated G12+ in Korea. yes, The Matrix was rated G12+ as well. so if you're in Australia, i'd say you're looking at M15+ with violence and adult themes, if not MA15+.
LorentzForce

Postby Technomancer » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:39 am

That's a really good movie.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby LorentzForce » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:23 pm

that's why i say everyone should see it.

you saw it Technomancer? i thought not many outside Korea has seen it... perhaps did, but i live in a well. a square one at that.
LorentzForce

Postby Technomancer » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:48 am

My younger brother and I saw it last year (we rented it from the video store).
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:52 am

Dish Network users get SBS in the US too... Of course, I don't have dish network (and I think SBS may be a separate charge like TV Japan... SBS is still cheaper: TV Japan is 20 bucks a month!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to General Entertainment