Scenes that will be on LOTR: ROTK

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Scenes that will be on LOTR: ROTK

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:57 am

I'm not sure how truthful this is but I found what will be on the new LOTR: ROTK extended editon.

here

I believe it and I'm really excited to see what will be in there :)
Hitokiri

Postby Zedian » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:50 am

That sounds pretty spiffy I just wonder how much more could be added in, I mean seriously we're talking about a close-to-four hour movie just getting longer.
Zedian

Postby Scribs » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:56 am

mmmm. I was hoping for some of that trouble in the shire, but I guess Its not going to happen
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:56 pm

::grumble:: Jacksond ecided to leave that out cause it was "unimportant" and he never liked that part of ROTK. I heard bout that before ROTK came out. My family can vouch that all they hear dwas my rantings and anger spews of how mad i was that Jackson didnt add the Scouring of the Shire.
Hitokiri

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:08 am

Yeah, well, from what I hear it does sorta conflict with the pace of the story... A little thing after the big thing, it's sorta anti-climactic... Of course, I've seen that a lot... Mostly in video games... Like Final Fantasy 10, sorta... I mean, <soandso> was so hard but then <soandso> was so easy... In fact, you can't lose because <suchandsuch> Actually, that doesn't really compare... The big battle followed by a calm and then a small battle, it sorta... sorta doesn't work...

I am glad to be seeing more of Saruman... Sorta... Well, ok not really, but I'm glad to actually see him be defeated... Ok, so that happens in the scourging scene, but I'm glad to see him lose his castle...

Um, yeah... Whatever, I'll be glad to see all of it, and I'll be glad to complete my collection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:17 am

That's good to hear. I was disappointed that they did not include Saruman the first time around. Especially after they made Gandalf and he fight so dramatically before.

But personally, I'm glad the Scouring of the Shire is gone. The more I read it, the less I like it. It doesn't help Tolkein in the slightest, not in plot and not in feel. If it fits his theme, he has a drab and pointlessly sorrowful one.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kisa » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:12 am

I can't wait to get all of the movies with all of the deleted scnes! It will prolly take me a whole day to watch it though! LOL
Its nice to see those scenes in motion at least though. For those of us who read the books ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:02 pm

I aboslutely loved The Scouring of the Shire!! My favorite part of the entire book. But if they did leave the Scoruing of the Shire, I would even have a hard time sitting through the entire movie.

I was just thinking personally, I dont think those are all the extended scenes. I believe thiers actually more. In the ROTK trailer, they show Merry offering his sword to Theoden to be in his service. The guy who wrote the thing out failed to emntion that. I'm guessing thier will be more extended scenes. Plus he failed ot mention how Sarumana nd Wormtougne meet thier end. I'm thinking Jackson still has some surprises for us.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:18 pm

here is some more stuff on the extended scnes not mentioned in the previous site.
Hitokiri

Postby Iona » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:46 am

I'll forgive Jackson for leaving out the scouring of the shire, however, I was really seriously annoyed that there wasn't a romance between Eowyn and Faramir in ROTK. I admit you see them in one of the ending shots standing together but that isn't good enough! I'll settle for one scene between them as long as it's good.
There's also my rant about Faramir's character in TTT, but we'll save that for later...
"I am Kagura!"

Iona

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:25 am

YES! They're puting in a lot of the scenes that I was hoping they were going to put in there! YAY! AWESOME!
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:29 am

Iona wrote:I'll forgive Jackson for leaving out the scouring of the shire, however, I was really seriously annoyed that there wasn't a romance between Eowyn and Faramir in ROTK. I admit you see them in one of the ending shots standing together but that isn't good enough! I'll settle for one scene between them as long as it's good.

I had heard that the House of Healing scene was being considered for being put back in when the extended edition was complete (from a friend of mine who was likewise annoyed by the aspect you mentioned).
uc pseudonym

Postby Iona » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:07 am

Yes, I figured they would consider putting it back in, but I guess it still hasn't been decided on from your friend's info.
I do like how they put back tidbits here and there and a couple extra shots in the LOTR movies. It makes you sit up and pay attention, even if you have seen the movie version fifty times.

All said and done, Jackson did a GREAT job with the LOTR movies and consider what a huge undertaking it was. At the very least it beat the animated ones, especially the TTT one with the spaghetti sauce blood effects.
"I am Kagura!"

Iona

Postby Nate » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:20 am

Yeah, I admit at first I was kinda disappointed that the scouring of the shire was taken out, but now I realize it's not that big of a deal. The other scenes, however...WOO HOO!

I also heard that Peter Jackson was thinking of doing "The Hobbit." It would make sense.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:55 pm

On the other hand, the Hobbit would be very anticlimactic after the Return of the King. Tolkien wasn't concerned about that, but I think Jackson would be. Then again, he might go for the fact that'd it would be a certain box office hit.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kireihana » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:20 pm

I'm not so sure that The Hobbit would be anticlimactic, as the the events in the story don't really give away what happens in LotR (ok, we know Bilbo finds the ring, and Gollum was really once a Hobbit).

The only problem I can see is how to make The Hobbit look as believeable as LotR. I can just see audiences listening to the Rivendell Elves singing "Ho de la lolly, down here in the valley!" :lol:

*doesn't actually remember the lyrics to that song*
Kireihana

Postby SnowLeopard » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:07 pm

Did anybody besides me see the Legolas vs Gimli drinking game clip in the National Geographic Special on ROTK?

Does anybody know if it will be in the movie?

Did anybody else think it was slightly out of character? (At least for Legolas.)

I have a mind like a steel trap. Rusty, unsafe, and illegal in 48 states.

Forgive my idiosyncrasies, for if they did not exist, neither would I.
SnowLeopard

Postby Scribs » Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:42 pm

I think that a movie of the Hobbit would have the potential to be very very good, especially if they do a better job with the spiders in that than they did with shelob.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:04 pm

I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movie (part 1, 2 and 3). I have the extended editions of the first two parts and they are definetly superior to the theatrical releases. The only thing I didn't like about Return of the King was that they didn't include the Scouring of the Shire. Many of you have said this is no big deal. But if there is no scouring of the shire, what were the hobbits fighting for? (they returned to the shire and all was bright and dandy). Whereas I believe Tolkien was trying to show the evil will always survive until the end of the world and that we need to acknowledge this.

Someone with the same views help me out here! I know what I'm trying to say, but I don't know how to put it better!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:55 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I really enjoyed the Lord of the Rings movie (part 1, 2 and 3). I have the extended editions of the first two parts and they are definetly superior to the theatrical releases. The only thing I didn't like about Return of the King was that they didn't include the Scouring of the Shire. Many of you have said this is no big deal. But if there is no scouring of the shire, what were the hobbits fighting for? (they returned to the shire and all was bright and dandy). Whereas I believe Tolkien was trying to show the evil will always survive until the end of the world and that we need to acknowledge this.

Someone with the same views help me out here! I know what I'm trying to say, but I don't know how to put it better!

Jackson didn't like that part of th emovie, Therefore, since he was given artistic liscence, it's his righ tto not include that part in ROTK. Plus everyone was complaining how long it took ROTK to end. Just think how long it would take to end with Scoruing of the Shire? Another hour. That would make even the most extreme LOTR ethuiast to sit through 4 hours of a movie. It would be hard for me to do to say the least.

So it's sad that the Scoruing of the Shire wasn't added but it would of possibly bogged down the movie as a whole. It looks better on paper than it does ont he big screen.

And ont he plus side, we can imagine how the Scouring of the Shire would of looked in our heads :) without Jackson's influence on it.
Hitokiri

Postby Kisa » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:46 pm

I just looked again and I am really excited to see how they do the Houses of Healing scene! Ahhhh why not til December! >_<
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Iona » Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:22 am

anticipation ;)
"I am Kagura!"

Iona

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:06 am

My sister missed the third movie in theaters, so we will have to see it in extended mode when it actually comes out. Should be very interesting.
uc pseudonym

Postby Kawaiikneko » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:23 am

I can't wait for the extended edition! XD

I think they could've completely not done the wolves of isengard part since that wasn't in the book (<_<) and shortened Helms Deep ALOT. Its so long in the movie but so short in the book. I didn't really like TT as much cause I got the feeling they were straining to stretch so much out then in ROTK they rushed to get it all in. What could've happened was they could've done Shelob at the end of TT leaving ppl (who haven't read the book) thinking Frodo is done for. They could have easily gotten to Shelob if they had stuck to the original book happenings with Famamir. <_<

Well nonetheless Jackson did a great job with the movies.
Kawaiikneko

Return to General Entertainment