Whats your favorite movie?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Shinja » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:10 pm

the searchers, by far the best movie ever
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby EvilSporkofDoom » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:13 pm

I really can't limit it to just one, so mine are:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Edward Scissorhands
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Interview with a Vampire
Felix the Cat: The Movie
and all three Harry Potter movies..
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
-Hebrews 11:6

EvilSporkofDoom

Postby Qwilek88 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:33 am

Qwilek88

Postby Todeskreuz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:19 am

I love so many.....hm....we if I had to pick they would be:
Edward Scissorhands
Nightmare Before Christmas
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
The Incredibles
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Pirates of the Caribbean
10 things I hate about you
a Knights Tale
Bend it like Beckham
"I cried out with no reply and I can't feel you by my side so I hold tight to what I know...your here...and I'm never alone"

"In the moon want to sleep want to sleep with the silence you heal me again, through the long and trying day you save me...in the moon I’m just veiled in the silver shining"

"Forever Love, Forever Dream, I can't walk any further, Oh tell me why, Oh tell me true, Teach me the meaning of life"

"Never change... that's what a fool would say in his dreams at the moment when you're facing the end of everything"

Adopted by: LeaChan-4ever

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Todeskreuz

Postby Jeikobu » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:25 pm

My top 10:

1. Pocket Monsters: Mewtwo Strikes Back (if you've seen it dubbed, then you haven't gotten the full experience. If possible, see it in Japanese, evened raw is better than dub. This movie is very incredible. It's a great story of one (Mewtwo) who was brought into the world not knowing why he was made and desiring to know his true purpose in life. When he is treated as a simple experiment, he destroys his makers and seeks to find his purpose in life. In the dub, Mewtwo is made out to be more of a villainous monster seeking world domination. In the Japanese version, however, you can sympathize with him, and he is much more understandable. Also, there are very strong themes of love and the horrible results of war and mindless fighting. It really cut me at the heart, and the finale scene [SPOILER]where Satoshi dies to stop the fighting[/SPOILER] is my favorite scene of any movie, and is just so incredible, and I also found it quite symbolic of Christ, whether it was intended or not. [SPOILER]I always found it strange to think that it was simply the Pokemon's tears that brought Satoshi back to life. Notice when Satoshi is being revived, there is a great, bright light from the sky surrounding the entire area? That seemed more than coincidence to me.[/SPOILER] I highly recommend this film to anyone and everyone)

2. The Lion King (A childhood film and Disney's greatest masterpiece, IMO. One of the most touching and moving films I've ever seen. The animation, the characters, the story, the music, everything is incredible. Another movie I highly recommend to everyone. Also another one that I saw alot of Christian symbolism in)

3. The Last Samurai (a very close 3rd, possible my 2nd favorite film ever, but competition is ever so fierce. ^^; It's amazing, an American film is actually portraying the beauty of the Japanese people and culture, rather than making them the heartless villains for the millionth time. But more than that, this movie is just an instant masterpiece in itself. If it weren't for LOTR: ROTK, this should've won the Best Picture Oscar hands down. It is a very beautiful, exciting, moving, and sad movie. It can't be described, you have to see it yourself. Watanabe Ken, my favorite actor, gives a performance worthy of the Best Actor Oscar. This is also the one movie I've liked Tom Cruise in. This movie I suppose really grabs me because of my heart for Japan. But even if you aren't like me in that area, see this, you won't be disappointed)

4. Hotaru no Haka (Grave of the Fireflies) (not a movie I'd watch often at all, as it is very depressing. It will warm your heart, then smash it. But it's one of the greatest films I've ever seen, and one of the most important as well. It clearly shows the horrible effects that war has. It's a movie everyone should see, but get a tissue box ready)

5. Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away) (a close 5th. This is an instant masterpiece, easily one of the top 5 animated films of all time. This film is a magical world, and another everyone should see. It didn't win Best Animated Picture for nothing, not to mention being the all time top grossing film in Japan. The animation is some of the best I've ever seen. There's so much detail in every frame you'll probably never notice it all no matter how many times you see it. The backgrounds look like they came out of an artist's painting. The detail and quality is remarkable. The music is also excellent, I listened to the soundtrack more than twice in a row, start to finish once and I never got sick of it. The characters are also very deep, and you really get into them. Miyazaki is a master of both animation and story-telling. It's always interesting the whole way, and teaches some very valuable lessons. A must see)

6. Kaze no Tani no Naushika (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind) (another animated masterpiece, and though it was made 21 years ago, it still looks stunning even now. An excellent epic tale, spectacular in all aspects. And though it was not intended by Miyazaki, the ending can easily be taken as a symbolism of Christ)

7. The Prince of Egypt (the best Biblical film I've ever seen. The animation is incredible, and Hans Zimmer delivers yet another breathtaking score. It's also very true in most respects to the story of Moses. And some of the scenes, particularly the burning bush and sea parting scenes, are moving, strengthening, and unforgettable)

8. Jurassic Park (a childhood film for me. This is both a milestone and a masterpiece amongst films. This gave birth to the modern day visual effects. It's still some the best CG I've ever seen, in fact the only films I might say surpass it are the LOTR films. The dinosaurs live and breath. They look as real as anything else in the movie. This movie is also filled with suspense, drama, and action, both fast and slowed paced. This one will never get old. It's simply spectacular to see probably the closest thing we'll ever have to real dinosaurs. This movie was done perfectly)

9. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (more than worthy of the many awards it received. An instant masterpiece. I cannot give this movie enough credit. The characters are spectacular, the story is one of the best ever, and the music, visual effects, and everything else are incredible. This brings one of the all time great epic tales to a close, and what a finish it is. And of course, my favorite thing about LOTR is the many intended Christian symbolisms)

10. Sennen Joyu (Millennium Actress) (I expected a great film but I got even more. This is a great tale of the emotional and moving life of a Japanese actress. The story is very deep and continues to get more and more interesting. You always wonder what will happen next. This film was done beautifully)
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Kaori » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:28 pm

My favorite non-animated film is Dead Poets Society. The movie addresses a number of issues concerning human experience, suffering, loss, etc. without coming to an answer that is overly facile.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Crossdive » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:59 pm

1. Spider-Man 2
2. The Last Samurai
3. Batman Begins
4. Spider-Man
5. X2: X-Men United
6. Batman (1989 Burton)
7. X-Men
8. Fantastic Four
9. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
10. InuYasha: The Movie: Affections Touching Across Time
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby Qwilek88 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:02 pm

POTO,LOTR,and POTC!
Qwilek88

Postby Crossdive » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:46 pm

LOTR: Lord of the Rings

POTC: either Passion of the Christ or Pirates of the Caribbean

POTO: I have no idea...
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby Nate » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:48 pm

Crossdive wrote:POTC: either Passion of the Christ or Pirates of the Caribbean

Let's see...since I know Sir fairly well, it's definitely Pirates of the Caribbean.

POTO: I have no idea...

Phantom of the Opera.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Petite Soeur » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:08 pm

I have several...

The Sixth Sense
Ever After
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Mean Girls
Sixteen Candles
Frequency
Legally Blond
Singin' In the Rain
The Sound of Music

Anime/Disney:
Spirited Away
Beauty and the Beast (my boyfriend teases me about this!)
The Little Mermaid
Fun and Fancy Free
Robin Hood
If you're friends don't dance, then they're no friends of mine~Safety Dance--Men Without Hats
Petite Soeur

Postby Crossdive » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:00 pm

lol, okay, I remember a thread a while back on this board where someone said POTC and I thought they meant The Passion but they really meant Pirates, so I just wanted to be sure.
Old or new POTO?
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Postby Rocketshipper » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:10 pm

my favorite movie?? OOOOH, so many! How can I chose? I love movies!!! *jumps up and down*

(in no particular order)

1. Nightmare on Elm Street: a classic. Robert Englund was creepy and Heather Langenkamp rocked. Johnny Depp's first movie ^_^. Very creepy idea.

2. Ah My Goddess the movie: Amazing animation, a great story, battles, and great music. I love "Try to Wish". The animation so impressed me that I bought this series after seeing an AMV about it!

3. Gremlins/Gremlins 2: The definitive creature movie. Great effects and humor, and Gizmo is darn cute! One of the first horror movies I ever saw

4. Perfect Blue: One of the first animes I ever saw. It reminded me of Scream. The music is good

5. Critters 1-4: I LOVE these movies!! Killer hairballs that shoot spikes. I've seen these movies so many times I've basicly memorized them.

6. Mulan: Best Disney movie EVER!

7. Little Shop of Horrors: Best musical EVER! (besides Mamma Mia, but that's not a movie) "Suddenly Seymour is standing beside you. Suddenly Semour shows you he cares!" Yay for Rick Moranis.

8. The Mighty: Just saw this last week and it's already on the list. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=24917 go there ^^

9. Mary Poppins: I watched this movie all the time when I was a kid. I know all the songs.

10. Tenchi Forever: One of the best anime movies ever!

11. Pokemon, Revelation Lugia: The best Pokemon movie, because it has lots of Ash/Misty shipping goodness, and the best japanese pokemon movie theme, Toi Et Moi.

12. The Evil Dead trilogy: Bruce Campbell is hilarious, and the first movie was actully pretty scary.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll probably remember a lot more later.
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Crossdive » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:03 pm

X_X lots of horror movies, eh?

Revelation Lugia was absolutely awesome in Japanese, but I hated the dub, they messed with it too much with the whole 'chosen one' bit and all...
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Postby Rocketshipper » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:27 pm

But the P2K dub had so many good lines, ^_^.

Melody: Legend or not, Ash can't do this alone."
Misty: No, you've got to play Lugia's song, I'll go look for him, and Ash is never really alone cause he's got me (best dub line EVER! YAY for AAML!)

also...

Jessie: We're too heavy for Lugia
James: Maybe we should try weight watchers
Jessie: It's too late for that!
Meowth: I heard it's never too late if you really stick to the program!

And Julian Sands played the collector in the dub. He' awesome. He was in Warlock
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Crossdive » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:47 am

yeah, in a case like your's (you really like the Satoshi + Kasumi bit) I understand, but it also had some terrible lines that didn't even make sense, like when we see Yadoking in a little cave looking out at the storm and in the dub he says "i should wear pants." Extremely corny and extremely random. I hate 4Kids for what they've done to Pocket Monsters. They've done a few good things, but in the long run they are a terrible company IMO.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Postby christianfriend » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:20 pm

My Absolute FAV movie..has got to be...DRAGON HEART!! *o*/
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Felix » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:29 pm

Oh but it changes so much! Actually at the very moment. my fave movie is "Extreme Days" Because well I haven't seen it in forever and it's AWESOME! *proceeds to quote movie*
..Do we have any fudge?
......no.
..Do we have any salad dressing?
......no.
..Do we have any canned fish products?
......no.
Felix

Postby Crossdive » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:19 pm

I recall DragonHeart being ok, but I don't remember anything incredible, but then I haven't seen it in AGES, I haven't seen it since it first came out in theatres I believe. My dad really didn't like it as I recall, I could swear something in the content offended him, but then I don't know enough about the movie anymore to make a fullscale opinion of it.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Postby christianfriend » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:10 pm

I believe Dragon Heart came out in the summer of 1996?..yeah thats right. So wow..O.o..it has been a while since you have seen it.
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:07 am

Jacob's Ladder
The Big Lebowski
Muppets From Space
The Stand
Princess Mononoke
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Tarnish » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:28 pm

Monty Python Search for the Holy Grail
Blazing Saddles
MST3K The Movie
Castle in the Sky
Tarnish

Postby Eastkun » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:36 pm

My favorite movie is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. That movie rocks! :grin:
Banned by my own request.
Eastkun

Postby Atria35 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:27 am

NECROMIMI MODE!

such a dead, dead thread.
Atria35

Postby Neane » Tue May 01, 2012 9:39 am

Favorite Live Action Movie: The Godfather Part 2.
Neane

Postby impact777 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:49 am

Besides anime:
Hanabi
Departures
A moment to remember
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
impact777

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Tue May 01, 2012 6:24 pm

The Lion King
Hands down, the greatest film Disney has ever made.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Expertly mixes dark themes with comedy. Not to mention, Bugs and Mickey star a scene together :D
How to Train your Dragon
Another epic masterpiece.
Toy Story 3
Pixar's greatest piece of work.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue May 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Odd gravedig, by a member. I honestly don't think I can name one. It would be a pretty close draw between The dark knight or the Lord Of the Rings Trilogy
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Makachop^^128 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:28 pm

Too many -_- I love all of these can't really pick one...
Pride and Prejudice the BBC version
LOTR
Breaking Away
The Godfather
and Miss potter :)
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby SierraLea » Thu May 03, 2012 8:16 am

In no particular order
Star Wars Trilogy (How could I not love it when Leia is my middle name and my brother is Luke!?)
Howl's Moving Castle
Treasure Planet
X-men First Class
SierraLea

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment