Dance Dance Revolution

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby agasfas » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:42 pm

Oh! I was at work today and i was pricing DDR pads. There's this one that is originally $40, but since i have an employee discount it's only about $9. I may buy it if I can get it that cheap.
Aside from the good discounts, Best Buy is evil :shady: ::::waves his fist:::: :P
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:28 am

I have a question.

I'm in need of a new pad. (My down button only works when I'm not standing on another button. I have no clue why.) I want a really good pad. What are the ones that are reccommended? Don't worry about pricing. I'll probably end up buying for myself when I get a new job, if my parents don't get it for my birthday, in which case, I can get whichever one I want.

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:52 am

I'm most likely getting this today, but I need final confirmation...what cheap (20$) pad is the best to get? I want one that will last a little while, bt not cost much.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:25 pm

D-D-R is like the best thing ever... you should play it every day... E V E R Y D A Y !

Hahahahaha... anyhow... Even though I haven't been able to convert many to otakuism here (one allready was an otaku, one convert, one a little anime-curious...) I have gained some DDR fans... Enough so that we are throwing a DDR party in the ESL classroom next week. I'm inviting all the wom... I mean people I can (hmm... Devilish laugh), and It's gonna be the best thing...

Too many guys are ashamed of doing it... Not macho enough. To them I say "You can bite PETA, which can in turn bite my burger!"

I hope to get a few guys, but I know it's mostly girls (here at least) who won't be too embarassed to play. Which is one reason I prefer to hang out with girls over guys... Anyhow...

Dave and Alyssa (Dave is one of the head cooks, Alyssa is his wife and assistant to Shirley who in turn is head of the housing department and wife to the base director, just so you're in twilight rather than midnight) will not be invited... "Gay-D-R"... I can't believe she called it that...

Anyone with AIM and about 3 hours to spare, I'll send you some short (5 second or so) clips of the party provided I still have internet by that time... I'm on dialup, you see, and will likely not have access to a phone line for my comp when I move into another place... -_- But, thankfully, there is no space in any of the guy's dorms! Yay! I'm here by myself! Wheee! I get the internet all to myself! Even if it is NetCrappy free interent service with ugly banner ads and popups and changing my default browser to IE... I hate IE... Um... Sorry, tangeant... Another popup just came up, I gotta go close it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:39 pm

guys are embarrassed to play DDR? that's odd because most of the players I know are male o_o I hardly ever see chicks up there playing.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby shooraijin » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:33 pm

Well, *I'm* embarrassed to play DDR ... :sweat:

I'll play it if no one is watching, though. :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby agasfas » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:58 pm

sometimes :) I just dont like people watching if I'm playing; I'm not very good. :)

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Kkun » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:30 am

Bob, I've heard of that problem a lot where guys don't want to play. This one mod on another message board gave me a hard time about playing it and being a guy. They are stupid. 'Nuff said. >_>;

Okay, I have some new AAs and high As for my record book. Hooray!

AA - Xenon, Heavy, 60 greats(BAD! The score wasn't even high enough to replace the A High score but it's a AA so it still counts.)
AA - Rhythm and Police, Heavy (41 greats)
AA - Ghosts, Heavy, 23 Greats
VERY HIGH A - Burning Heat! Heavy...50 greats or so, like 3 goods. I WILL AA THIS FREAKING SONG.
97.1% - Variety Oni Course, 1,474 Perfects, 88 Greats, 1 Good, 1 Almost
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Gypsy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:13 am

Yeah, most of the players I know are guys.

Nice scores, aku! I'm especially impressed with your Oni Course score. Next time I play I'll write down some of my scores.

I'm very unhappy with DDR Extreme's interface, btw. So much for charts telling you about each song. -_- Oh well, once I start unlocking stuff, it will be a good song list. I gave my roommate a good laugh by dancing to Y.M.C.A. I have no pride. :sweat:
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Kkun » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:34 am

Gypsy......it has WONDERLAND! Boy then pucker up and kiss the body! >_>; That song is so fun on Heavy. And yeah, you have no pride, but I did In The Navy like three times in a row once to get a high AA on it, so.....I'm prideless too. ^^;
Kkun

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:21 am

*walks in quietly* I havn't had time to read this whole thread....hmm...uhm..One question....Where's the best place to get DDR? I've been wanting it for awhile...but...I can't really find it anywhere. ;-; I was behind the times and they were all gone by the time I got a ps2....*sigh*
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:27 pm

I decided to pick up DDR Extreme Combo. It came with the game and a pad. My friend and I have had fun playing, heck, we even got his mom and sister to play it. I'm going to his house later to play. I let him borrow it this week since he's out of school. It's not all that fun. Maybe Max is better.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Gypsy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:00 pm

It's too bad the scary songs are fun to dance to. o.O I am happy to see Jana Jana on there - that one is fun. I can't wait until I unlock 3.2.1. Stars.
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:02 pm

Destroyer2000 wrote:I decided to pick up DDR Extreme Combo. It came with the game and a pad. My friend and I have had fun playing, heck, we even got his mom and sister to play it. I'm going to his house later to play. I let him borrow it this week since he's out of school. It's not all that fun. Maybe Max is better.

Yeah, Max or Max 2 would have been a better one to get you hooked. If you don't like either of those, then you're probably not going to care for DDR very much. Extreme is ok, it's just not what I would have suggested for someone to start with.
Gypsy

Postby Kkun » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:10 pm

Yeah. Extreme is more like an addendum of songs to what you already have. The minigames are fun, though. It's just that the only challenge on Extreme really is Legend of Max and that takes a LOT to unlock.
Kkun

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:59 pm

In the navy is fun... Why do you have no pride, because it's a Village People song? Well, I think that combined with Captain Jack, AKA the ugliest man in Techno (and there are LOTS to choose from) may be embarassing to some people... Does he remake YMCA too?

For those of you that play on heavy: I bow to your supremacy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:02 pm

haha, I like In the Navy. Captain Jack pwns.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby antefurem » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:05 pm

I like galloping to In The Navy in Heavy!

In the navy~ ::ba-dum-ba-dum-ba-dum-ba-dum::

I'm trying to work myself back up to attempting to pass So Deep in Heavy! I mean, you practically step to every little noise in that song! @_@

... yeah...

AM-3P is awesome. My sister hates it but I absolutely love it. Crossing over on that song... oooh, it's sweet~.

'Nuff said from me.

Except... some new scores that I've done. ^__^

Take Me Away - Heavy

Perfect: 203
Great: 45
Good: 0
Almost: 1
Miss: 1 (Guess where I made this in the song?)
Okay: 33
Max Combo: 155
Score: 63880420
Grade: A

i feel - Heavy (I still don't know why it's a 9 foot song.)

Perfect: 204
Great: 96
Good: 13
Almost: 8
Miss: 10
Okay: 0 (None in the song...)
Max Combo: 78
Score: 65127110
Grade: C

Chibi Overlord says: Dance! Dance! Revolution!

Serving Jesus Christ, the ultimate revolutionary.
antefurem

Postby Kkun » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:49 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:In the navy is fun... Why do you have no pride, because it's a Village People song? Well, I think that combined with Captain Jack, AKA the ugliest man in Techno (and there are LOTS to choose from) may be embarassing to some people... Does he remake YMCA too?

For those of you that play on heavy: I bow to your supremacy...

Yeah, I think it's the whole Village People thing...................and yeah, Captain Jack is probably the ugliest man in techno. He does remake YMCA, it showed up on DDR 3rd Mix.
Kkun

Postby desperado » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:18 pm

hey no one answered bakura fans question............................ so i will. bakura best place is to go to your local gamestore ask if they have it and if they dont ask em to order it. almost all eb games have it. i would get the new extreme for ps2 that comes with a pad because the pad is really really good for the amount of money it adds on.
and second i love i mean i seriously love without you by heather. it is one of my favorit new songs (oh and isnt the move your feet song by junior seniors video the craziest thing you have seen. it makes me and my freinds think the person who designed it was on something at the time ~_~ )
desperado

Postby bakura_fan » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:36 pm

desperado wrote:hey no one answered bakura fans question............................ so i will. bakura best place is to go to your local gamestore ask if they have it and if they dont ask em to order it. almost all eb games have it. i would get the new extreme for ps2 that comes with a pad because the pad is really really good for the amount of money it adds on.
and second i love i mean i seriously love without you by heather. it is one of my favorit new songs (oh and isnt the move your feet song by junior seniors video the craziest thing you have seen. it makes me and my freinds think the person who designed it was on something at the time ~_~ )

:sniffle: Thank you desperado for noticing....I wasn't going to say anything else about it. :hug: I will check it out... Thank you again!
:angel:

[color=DeepSkyBlue] "He lives in you. He lives in me. [/color]He watches over everything we see.
Into the water. Into the truth. [color=Yellow][color=DeepSkyBlue]In your reflection, He lives in you." - He lives in you chorus[/color][/color]
"Slow, love, slow. Time's so fast. Now goes quickly, see Now it's past!
Soon will come, Soon will last. Wait." [color=Yellow]- Wait (sweeney todd) [/color]

[align=center]My art page.

[align=center]Married to swordguy
:hug:

[/align]
[/align]
bakura_fan

Postby desperado » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:02 am

hey anytime glad i could help
desperado

Postby Gypsy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:23 pm

Bobtheduck wrote: For those of you that play on heavy: I bow to your supremacy...

Don't bow, play! I see no difference between Standard Mode and some of the 6 footers on Heavy. Is there a machine near you, Bob?
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:13 am

Well, my roommate is now officially hooked on DDR. I guess I'll have to move my ps2 to the living room so we can both play at once. ^^; Score one for the good guys! ;)
Gypsy

Postby agasfas » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:13 pm

I plan to purchase DDR and the pad next pay check :thumb:. Hopefully if I don't have more bills to pay... :( One day I will be able to dance circles around both Ashley and Gypsy. Just watch..... Man, who am I kidding? I'm going to get creamed! :P

agasfas

Postby Ashley » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:51 pm

You know it!
I mean.....umm.....hey look over there! Is Gypsy dancing with her eyes closed? I think she is! *zoom*

Seriously though, in case any of you are curious....DDR in heels is not a good idea.
Ashley

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:21 pm

Know this from experience, eh? :lol:

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby plutogrl03 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:49 pm

I love DDR! Finally a thread to post on. I mainly stay with in the standard mode so I don't get frustrated. I do like some songs on heavy though like Let's Groove and Spin the Disc. My friend turned me on to it about 5 years ago. She's totally obsessed about it. She gets really angry and screams when she doesn't beat a really hard song on Heavy like Maxx 300. I'm usually the only one who can calm her down. Lately she's been only playing Pump It Up, which is like DDR but has five buttons in a X shape.

But back to me...some of my favorite songs are Get Up n' Move, On the Jazz, V, Stomp to My Beat, and Dam Dariran. I have plenty of others but I won't bore you with a long list. I can't wait to buy DDR Extreme. I hope the songs from previous mixes aren't made into unlockables. I hate doing all that work to get a song I already have. :shady:
plutogrl03

Postby Gypsy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:38 pm

plutogrl03 wrote: But back to me...some of my favorite songs are Get Up n' Move, On the Jazz, V, Stomp to My Beat, and Dam Dariran. I have plenty of others but I won't bore you with a long list. I can't wait to buy DDR Extreme. I hope the songs from previous mixes aren't made into unlockables. I hate doing all that work to get a song I already have. :shady:

Extreme is kinda pooish until you start unlocking things. And V is such a fun song!

Update: While it's fun playing DDR with someone else, my roommate only wants to pick the songs that are in English ... how very sad for me since I like the sugary J-Pop ones. -_- (At least it only took one time though 'Go West' to convince her to never, ever pick that song again.)
Gypsy

Postby Kkun » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:53 pm

Gypsy wrote:Extreme is kinda pooish until you start unlocking things. And V is such a fun song!

Update: While it's fun playing DDR with someone else, my roommate only wants to pick the songs that are in English ... how very sad for me since I like the sugary J-Pop ones. -_- (At least it only took one time though 'Go West' to convince her to never, ever pick that song again.)

You know, Go West is to the tune of that old church song "Give Thanks". But Go West is annoying. V is such a fun song, I need to try the Oni mode version of it again, which is insane but so awesome once you pass it. For some reason that song gets me. Oh well. And your roommate picking songs that are only in English is lame...........they need to branch out...because there are so many awesome songs on DDR in Japanese.
Kkun

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment