Dance Dance Revolution

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby agasfas » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:51 am

breath in and out ....in and out... It's all good gypsy :) I would play it more often it just I am a very clumsy guy. I've actually feel off the machine once. I tried doing it without my shoes since my feet are big and I can never really hit the squares just right, then I slipped b/c of my socks :( But none the less, i like to play it. It's tons of fun. The day i become less clumsy I'll will practice with the hopes of one day beating you (like that'll ever happen) JK. :P
Also, i dont like when little kids push select either or try and take your coins or tokens.... But it's all good. :jump:
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Gypsy » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:35 pm

Oh yeah, I have fun. The good far outweighs the bad.

And just the thought of a 67 footer makes my feet hurt ... ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby KrescentMoon » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:54 pm

1. I have not come into contact with a DDR machine (or pad) for at least 5 years.
2. I'm in between...like ShiHi ^^
3. Hmm...toughie. I like 5th mix too, but I don't have a favorite. All DDR songs are cool! XD

Crowds scare me...I can't move when someone watches me...that happened when I played DanceManiax after a year. It was quite embrassing. I was stiffer than the stiffs back...somewhere. XD

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby agasfas » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:54 pm

67 footer, thats way to much for me.. I can't even get 2 straight combos. More practice is need for mr. agasfas. ;)

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby shooraijin » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:23 pm

Instead of a 6 footer, how about a one-sixth footer? :sweat:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby agasfas » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:46 pm

I like the way you thing Shooraijin. That's more my pace and style :jump:

agasfas

Postby antefurem » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:12 pm

... Okay, I feel like playing DDR.

... it has been a while... but my scores ::huff huff:: on Drifting Away in Heavy are as follows:

Perfect: 183
Great: 142
Good: 14
Almost: 6
Miss: 11

Okay: 7

Total Score: 56676220

... I really need to get back to playing DDR - this is a C score, and I (before my long, long vacation) made an A on this song once!

Grr... I shall not be defeated by my former self! This DDR vacation is over!

Chibi Overlord says: Dance! Dance! Revolution!

Serving Jesus Christ, the ultimate revolutionary.
antefurem

Postby agasfas » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:49 pm

To be honest i get really low scores on the easy levels. I think the highest i've gottan was like a "B" but i usually get C's, D's and E's..... hopefully i'm going to start again and try the new DDR machine on campus.

agasfas

Postby Jasdero » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:53 pm

D.ImageD.ImageR.Image One of the coolest games in existence.
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Gypsy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:20 am

I finally figured out the beginning to AM-3P! I know this sounds so silly, but I was never able to make myself do the keeping one foot on the down arrow and then alternate my other foot on the right and left arrows by turning completely sideways. I watched people in the arcade do it, but I could never manage it myself. If you look at the first half of the steps, you'll see what I mean:

http://www.ddrfreak.com/stepcharts/stepchart.php?song=am3p&difficulty=Maniac&mode=Single&code=Normal&Submit=Submit

The way I was doing it before was semi-working, but it took to much energy to keep swapping feet and I'd get burned out before the end of the song. The crossover after the first sequence still trips me up, but at least I don't fail the song anymore. ^^
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Kkun » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:09 am

Nice going, Gypsy! AM-3P is one of those songs that isn't that hard, but it is at first. I know I still have trouble with the beginning of it. I'm trying to AA So Deep on Heavy myself.......that's going to take a while. o_o The best I can get on it is an A with a LOAD of Greats. Stupid So Deep...
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby agasfas » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:01 am

way out of my league. That beat seems hard; 130bps and the max combo of 244.. err.... :drool: I'm still working on 3straight combos. :)

agasfas

Postby Gypsy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:16 am

130bps is a moderate speed (remember, difficulty is proportional the the mode you're on ;)) but it's fast enough when there's such a constant stream. Streams are a blast if you learn the steps, but they can be a pain when you have a hard time sight reading or if the steps are chaotic (not always on the same beat). If you loose your groove in the middle of a stream, the results are usually costly.

Good luck on So Deep, aku. All those double steps make my feet cramp up. And Greats will the the death of us all! -_-
Gypsy

Postby Destroyer2000 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:20 pm

Tell me, I've been thinking about getting this game. Or...one of them. Most people have told me to get DDR Max 2 for the PS2. I've looked at it, but then I realized I need a pad. What should I get, preferably cheap, and what are the mixes? I've seen alot of them...5th mix, 6thmix, and I have no earthly idea what they are.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Kkun » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:40 pm

Okay, first things first: don't start with DDR Max 2. Do yourself a favor and get DDR Max first. It's way better. Max 2 has newer stuff, but max is just way better. Get a cheap pad, like a Naki pad, those run about 20 bucks. All in all it should cost about 60 to get into DDR. That's not too pad. Good luck!
Kkun

Postby agasfas » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:22 pm

Perhaps I need to purchase one of these DDR pads for my PS2. I'll be kinda fun. And maybe i'll get good enough to challenge y'all in the future :)

agasfas

Postby Destroyer2000 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:22 pm

Ah...should I get it for the PS2 or XBOX?
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Kkun » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:07 pm

PS2, since they don't make it for XBox, except for DDR Ultramix. But I'd get the PS2 incarnations.
Kkun

Postby Gypsy » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:08 pm

I agree with aku, Max for the ps2 is the way to start. I have Ultramix for the Xbox, but I rarely play it. I don't care for the interface and the songs are a tad lame - especially when you already have Max and Max 2.

I do have some happy new for me, though! I found the box and sales slip for my worn-out Ignition Pad and I'll be exchanging it tomorrow - meaning I'll probably pick up Extreme while I'm in eb. Yay! ^^
Gypsy

Postby Kkun » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:11 pm

Awesome, Gypsy. Extreme is pretty good. It has some cool songs, like Wonderland. Wonderland is so fun.
Kkun

Postby agasfas » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:29 pm

sound good gypsy. Does playing on one of those pads make you any better on the machines? I mean, is there a size or sensitivity difference? Also, can you play the doubles like the people on the machines do? Just a random curious thought. ^_^

agasfas

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:39 am

Playing on any pad will make you better at the machines. ;) I like my Ignition pad because it's cushy and very accurate. Some of the cheaper and thinner pads don't respond well to double taps, and they're almost impossible to A anything in Heavy Mode unless you've modified them so they don't slide or crumple.

And I don't play doubles much, and when I do I usually stick to Standard. Trying to do them at the arcade in Heavy would probably be a big waste of my money, since you have to pay for the use of two pads and I doubt I'd look ... graceful anyway. :sweat:
Gypsy

Postby agasfas » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:26 pm

Gypsy, how often do you play; both machine and the home version?
A little random but:
I gave DDR another go today while on campus. I picked a moderate paced beat and did decent. I just felt so weird. It felt so unnatural because I don't play often and I'm not the best dancer. Lets just say very uncoordinated :P. But i had some good laughs. And I scored my first "B." I'm so happy ;) I still need a lot of practice though, :sweat:

agasfas

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:15 pm

Usually 2-3 times a week either way. I've been playing at the arcade more lately since my pad was going downhill, but I hope to get that taken care of tonight. ^^

A B is good! Do you remember which song it was? And has anyone explained to you how to read the chart/graph that's displays when you hover on a song?
Gypsy

Postby agasfas » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:25 pm

Gypsy wrote:And has anyone explained to you how to read the chart/graph that's displays when you hover on a song?

Hover on a song???? Like seeing the difficulty level and song name? But i dont remember seeing a chart/graph. How do you do that? :brow:

agasfas

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:40 pm

Ok, down at the bottom left of the screen, there's this little orb, web type thing with 5 different points - stream, voltage, chaos, air, and ... oh snot I forgot the 5th one. Depending on how high the peak is towards the outside of the chart is the level of that element that's in a song. For instance, a song that has a high level of air means you're going to be jumping a lot. Then you have the foot measurement. DDR songs range from 1-10 footers, 1 being the easiest. That's located right over the chart. Then, of course, you have the bps. On some charts, the bps will change (like Healing Vision).
Gypsy

Postby Saint Kevin » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:44 pm

No offense to you all, but your enthusiasm for this game is scaring me a little... ;)
DDR seems like kind of an expensive hobby to get in to (I should talk, I bought a paintball gun I've used like 3 or 4 times). Still, I'm intrigued by this game.

I can't buy the pad/game for a console (don't have 60 bucks) and I fear the ridicule I will surely receive from my family and friends. Also, I really don't want to embarrass myself at the arcade, but that seems to be the way I'm going to have to get into this game if I ever do. Any advice on how to get into the game from the arcade side of things?
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby agasfas » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:59 pm

thanks Gypsy, i'll be sure to look for that next time. I didn't even though they had that on the game. Go figure, that's a novice for you :). And about the advice Saint Keven, you gotta stop thinking what people think. I used to be afraid that people would make fun of me until a friend made me do it. I felt weird, but it was fun. So i don't mind ;)

agasfas

Postby Fireproof » Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:19 pm

I love the game, but I stink. I'm owrking on it. I only play on beginner as is, but I'm working my way up. My weakness is rapid changes. Speed and volume of arrows don't really bother me, it's rapid changes that screw me up.
:rock:
Fireproof

Postby Gypsy » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:50 pm

Don't be afraid to try it, Saint Kevin! It's too fun to not try! Just put it on beginner mode, find a cool song, and you'll do fine. Watch the little instruction thing they'll show before your first song on beginner mode. Then after you get the idea down, move right over to Light Mode. Try to keep on low foot songs at first and then work your way up.

I played at the arcade for about 3 hours tonight (not steady). Here's some video of some of the guys that I hang out with there. RJ is the best local one - Kaz is from out of town. I'm not in any of them, so don't ask. The girl that does Freckles used the bar (snickers). *Ahem* But be sure to check out RJ and Loki's styling steps on "bag." ;)

http://homepage.mac.com/draphilius/iMovieTheater8.html
Gypsy

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment