Dance Dance Revolution

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Kkun » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:34 pm

Gypsy wrote:I'll attempt the crossover instuctions later tonight, thanks aku! I also have some scores to post too. For home use, I have a Red Octane ... isn't that horrible, I just forgot the official name of it. Anyway, it's the squishy one with the foam inserts. I have to duct tape it to the floor whenever I play - it's a pain, but I think anything would slide on my carpet.

I'm not sure if you'd want to put the time/money to do it, but what I do is go to like, Home Depot or Lowe's or something, and get a 1 inch thick or so piece of wood that is the size of a DDR pad, or roughly close to it(it's like 3 feet by 3 feet, I think). Then, I duct tape the DDR pad to the wood. It's nice and heavy so it doesn't move. You have to really get the edges sealed well, though, or else the pad will mess up. It works really well and will save you lots of duct tape!

Oh, and Red Octane makes the best pads on the planet...they just aren't very durable. Both of mine broke within 3 months. :sweat:
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:55 pm

aku_soku_zan wrote: Oh, and Red Octane makes the best pads on the planet...they just aren't very durable. Both of mine broke within 3 months. :sweat:

Tell me about it! I already had to return/exchange one of mine. Over a matter of days, the sensors got weaker and weaker and finally stopped. Good thing I got the warrenty. ^^

Anyway, here were my last recorded scores of the songs I was
working on at home:

DDRMAX PS2 - Heavy Mode

"true ..." - B - 48173356

"Abyss" - A- 51864048

Abyss is a 7 footer (I think) and true... is an 8. It's not amazing, I know, but I was happy to get the scores. ^^ Hopefully someday soon I'll look back on them and laugh. ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Kkun » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:23 pm

[quote="Gypsy"]Tell me about it! I already had to return/exchange one of mine. Over a matter of days, the sensors got weaker and weaker and finally stopped. Good thing I got the warrenty. ^^

Anyway, here were my last recorded scores of the songs I was
working on at home:

DDRMAX PS2 - Heavy Mode

"true ..." - B - 48173356

"Abyss" - A- 51864048

Abyss is a 7 footer (I think) and true... is an 8. It's not amazing, I know, but I was happy to get the scores. ^^ Hopefully someday soon I'll look back on them and laugh. ]

Very nice =D! Try getting your Greats down and you'll be getting AAs on those heavy songs in no time. You're right about the feet, by the way. Abyss is 7 and True..(I can't remember what Mix it is, it's not radio edit, it's the other one) is an 8. The fact that you did True... and were talking about having trouble with crossovers is great.

Let's see..
Latest stuff..

DDR Extreme Arcade -
Frozen Ray (9 ft) Heavy: AA (31 greats, 2 good)
Burning Heat! 3 Option Mix(9 ft) A (56 greats, 3 goods, 2 almosts, 1 miss)
Irresistiblement(9 ft) A (48 greats, 3 goods)
Be Lovin' (9 ft) A (52 greats, 2 goods, 2 boos)

So, as you can see...I've gotta get my greats down considerably. T__T Irresistiblement and Be Lovin' were the first times I'd ever tried those songs though, so that was a very good feeling to pass those on the first try.

I can't wait to play more this weekend! ;)

More people need to post scores aside from me and Gypsy. I KNOW there are more DDR players here!
Kkun

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:00 pm

I don't have any recent scores .-. I have some old Stepmania score screencaps somewhere though...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby AngelSakura » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:59 pm

Hmm. Where can you get home systems?
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Vash is a plant » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:21 pm

I LOVE DDR!
Fav.- Kind Lady, heavy
-BreakDown, standard
-Afronova, standard

I only have Max2, but on like the 20 something of Sept. DDR Extreme is supposed to be released to the U.S. YAY!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13 :thumb:
:dance: :jump: :hug: :comp: :poke: :drool:
I have a Deviant Art! http://keiko-mukisune.deviantart.com/
Vash is a plant

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:11 am

My local DDR machine is BROKEN!!! I love playing at home ... but it's just not the same. :(
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:57 am

I hate it when machines are broken -__- I also hate it when machines suck...the closest machine to me is missing the bar on the right side and you have to stomp on the pads >__<
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:43 am

ShiroiHikari wrote:I hate it when machines are broken -__- I also hate it when machines suck...the closest machine to me is missing the bar on the right side and you have to stomp on the pads >__<

Stink! I don't use the bar yet, but some of the sensors are (were! :() junky so that I had a very hard time. I tend to play really light - more like tapping than actually stepping since it's the only way I can seem to move around fast enough (I don't play flat-foot) and sometimes my steps don't register. Also, during freezes, you could have an elephant on the sensor and it would break the freeze. But it was better than nothing, which is what we have now ... and DDR was one of the few good games we had in the arcade. I hope they're planning on fixing it or getting a new one, because arcades cannot live by racers alone ...
Gypsy

Postby KrescentMoon » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:49 pm

<--- DDR fan

*nods* The sad fact is I don't have a pad or any newer games -___-;; The first and only DDR game I played/have is DDR 2nd Remix-- yesh, old. very, very old.
I'm going to ask my dad to get me a new DDR game and a dance pad when some circumstances have been cleared. So~ do you peeps have any suggestions as to what pad and game I should buy? (I only have a PS.....will get a PS2! someday.)
Even though I haven't exactly played DDR, (been 5 years since I played it with my feet....or my hands -plays 2nd remix with controller!- *is smote*), I do have favorite songs:

Dive (uber cute!)
Dream a Dream (arg Walk the plank, matey. ARG!)
Breakdown (nice beat...Tatakai tsuzukero!)
Candy (practically the first Japanese DDR song I listened to)
Nori Nori Nori (this song has effected my speech.)
True... (the uber long, lyrical version....cuz that's the only version I've heard XD)
Love Love Shine (gets me all hyper X3)
Sobakasu (omg RK song!)
.......Cowgirl (Xp)

...and I *think* those are all the lyrical songs I like...now for the instrumental ones:

Stomp to My Beat (good grief, i'm totally addicted to the beat *-*)
So Deep (dude, heart the techno)
Tsugaru (<3!!!!)
Brilliant2U (eh...according to the DDR2 ranking, I got a double S...? with controller.)
Healing Vision (lovelovelovelove....oh, and did I say love?)

...that ish all I remember ._. *goes back to bed*

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby Locke » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:34 am

isnt DDR etreme 2 supposed to only wirk with the camera thingy for the PS2?

atleast thats what i heard.... T_T

breakdown and all the easyones be my favorite !

o man not cowgirl....
there was this one guy at the arcade who danced * really danced to that song >.<
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Kkun » Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:46 am

Locke wrote:isnt DDR etreme 2 supposed to only wirk with the camera thingy for the PS2?

atleast thats what i heard.... T_T

breakdown and all the easyones be my favorite !

o man not cowgirl....
there was this one guy at the arcade who danced * really danced to that song >.<

No, it will work without it. It will work with it, too though.
Kkun

Postby KrescentMoon » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:56 am

I thought it was DDR Extreme, DDR MAX, and DDR MAX 2....no DDR Extreme 2 >_> .....and there's a camera~? I wanna see X3 Oh, have any of you tried the Karaoke DDR?

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby Gypsy » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:31 pm

I haven't tried KR, but I've heard that it's fun. ^^

And the next DDR game will allow you to play seperate mini-games using the eye cam along with the dance pad. I'm personally not interested in the mini games ...
Gypsy

Postby Kkun » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:48 pm

Gypsy wrote:I haven't tried KR, but I've heard that it's fun. ^^

And the next DDR game will allow you to play seperate mini-games using the eye cam along with the dance pad. I'm personally not interested in the mini games ...

Word. I want Dance Dance Revolution, not stupid mini games. I want the main game.
Kkun

Postby FunkerVGirl » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:52 pm

i love DDR too, ive had the game for about a year now. I can do some standard songs BUT I WANT TO GET FASTER. is there any specific tips anyone can give me to help me do faster songs? anything anyone learned? short cuts?

I LOVE MIDNIGHT BLAZE IN LIGHT MODE BECAUSE SOME OF THE STEPS ALLOW YOU TO GO AROUND IN CIRCLES! weeee :hits_self
Image Elegant Christian Lolita :rock:
FunkerVGirl

Postby Kkun » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:57 pm

FunkerVGirl wrote:i love DDR too, ive had the game for about a year now. I can do some standard songs BUT I WANT TO GET FASTER. is there any specific tips anyone can give me to help me do faster songs? anything anyone learned? short cuts?

I LOVE MIDNIGHT BLAZE IN LIGHT MODE BECAUSE SOME OF THE STEPS ALLOW YOU TO GO AROUND IN CIRCLES! weeee :hits_self

Um. To do faster songs, just play faster songs. ^^; Try your highest BPM and find a song that is a little bit faster. It gets easier and easier. I couldn't do Drop Out on Heavy and then I was able to do it no problem after playing it probably 10 times and failing. The speed will get easier and easier. Start with stuff like Exotic Ethnic on Light and work you will get used to it.

Oh, and just wait until you get good at Heavy and can do 9 foot songs. Frozen Ray on Heavy allows you to spin around the pad like 10 times in both directions. It's fun!
Kkun

Postby FunkerVGirl » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:40 am

this frozen ray you speak of, is it one DDR 2 or 1, or arcade? i want to spin!

i think im gonna go and play some DDR now and try to get faster.

[quote="aku_soku_zan"]Um. To do faster songs, just play faster songs. ^^]
Image Elegant Christian Lolita :rock:
FunkerVGirl

Postby Kkun » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:38 pm

Frozen Ray is on DDR Extreme. It's a great song.
Kkun

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:52 pm

*Sighs* My Red Octane Ignition 2.0 is dying. I get so frustrated when some of my steps don't register, especially during streams where it's easy to lose your groove. I'll have to check the warrenty to see if I have any chance of getting yet another replacement ...
Gypsy

Postby Kkun » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:35 pm

Man, Gypsy, we should have a support group for that. "People Who Are Grieving The Loss of Loved Ones...Er...DDR Pads..". I've had that happen...have you tried unzipping the pad (since I believe you can do that since it's one of those sexy Ignition 2.0 pads...rawr) and refitting the sensors under it? That could be the problem. Sometimes they get bunched up. I've cut open numerous cheap 20 dollar pads to fix that problem and it always gets it working, at least for a little while.
Kkun

Postby antefurem » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:38 pm

Heh heh...

DDR player, right here!

I'm a maniac when it comes to playing... However, my body wants me to just play on standard. This provides some very strange circumstances. Like... I can totally enter a contest, but I'll get beat because even though my accuracy is almost all-or-nothing (I'm either on beat or off!), I can't survive very long on those super fast songs where you jump a lot (which are rather popular).

Three words for you: I. Can't. Jump. At all. Okay, that was five. I'm working on my jumping problem, but it remains unresolved until... I lose a few pounds.

Ooh! I've got a few questions for you regulars!

1. Have you ever danced on a machine... barefoot?

2. Are you skinny or stocky (we'll leave it at that - for those who may be uncomfortable... including myself*)?

3. What's your favorite mix?

* Question for myself: Why am I asking this?

Answers from me:

1. Yes. I usually find myself going around in sandals... and I don't care for my cheap Wal-Mart sandals to break while I'm dancing around. (Hey, they're comfortable!) ^__^

2. Stocky. (I ask because I want to be encouraged?) ^__^;

3. Toss-up between the 5th mix and DDR Extreme 2. 5th has those extra long songs, while DDRE2 has... that Japanese song I really like to dance to on Heavy. ^__^

Chibi Overlord says: Dance! Dance! Revolution!

Serving Jesus Christ, the ultimate revolutionary.
antefurem

Postby Kkun » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:10 pm

[quote="antefurem"]Heh heh...

DDR player, right here!

I'm a maniac when it comes to playing... However, my body wants me to just play on standard. This provides some very strange circumstances. Like... I can totally enter a contest, but I'll get beat because even though my accuracy is almost all-or-nothing (I'm either on beat or off!), I can't survive very long on those super fast songs where you jump a lot (which are rather popular).

Three words for you: I. Can't. Jump. At all. Okay, that was five. I'm working on my jumping problem, but it remains unresolved until... I lose a few pounds.

2. Are you skinny or stocky (we'll leave it at that - for those who may be uncomfortable... including myself*)?

Answers from me:

1. Yes. I usually find myself going around in sandals... and I don't care for my cheap Wal-Mart sandals to break while I'm dancing around. (Hey, they're comfortable!) ^__^

2. Stocky. (I ask because I want to be encouraged?) ^__^]

Let's see....
1. Heck no. I have no intention of tearing my feet up on those screws. :sweat:
2. Stocky, but quickly losing weight. I'm much thinner than I was say two years ago when I started playing, so be encouraged. =D
3. My favorite is DDR Extreme for arcade. I love the mix, although there are several I wish were still there. You know, DDR Max 2 might be my favorite...I'm really not sure.
Kkun

Postby Nightshade X » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:37 pm

[quote="antefurem"]Heh heh...

DDR player, right here!

Answers from me:

2. Stocky. (I ask because I want to be encouraged?) ^__^]

Let's see...

1. Nope. I'm not brave enough to try it barefoot on the machine. I do it in socks on my home pad, though.

2. Stocky. Very stocky and very out of practice. :sweat:

3. It's a toss-up between 5th mix and DDR Max 2.
Nightshade X

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:57 am

1. I've played in socks at the arcade, does that count?

2. I'm slender.

3. I think I like 5th Mix the best.
Gypsy

Postby agasfas » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:14 am

DDR huh? We have one of those machines in our college game room. I like to play it but I only play about once every 6months. I'm not good at all. I always pick the slowest beats and i can't even get that. So whenever i get frustrated i only try to hit the down arrows, and i even miss those sometimes. I think it's because of my feet. I wear a size 13-14 shoes. So i try and hit the square and it wont recognize it. I guess my foot always hits the outside more than the middle of the square. Plus I'm clumsy :) . But it's still a blast to play. It's kinda cool watching people play that spend hours on the DDR machine. To fast for me.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:19 am

This may or may not interest anyone, but I found it amusing.

In Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi vol. 2, Mayu and Kaoru go on a date, and end up going to the arcade. While they're there, you can see Mayu's bodyguard, Saionji (sp?) on a DDR machine. And apparently he's GOOD.

Okay, maybe it wasn't that interesting. :sweat:

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby agasfas » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:15 pm

haha. That's kinda funny.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Gypsy » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:13 am

agasfas wrote:It's kinda cool watching people play that spend hours on the DDR machine. To fast for me.

I must admit, I like having crowds on my good days. I get free tokens both from the watchers and the arcade employees (yes, I play DDR for commission ]don't[/i] like about crowds is when I can see people shadow dancing out of the corner of my eye, when other people hop on the empty pad while I'm playing, or when people try to talk to me while I'm playing. I really, really hate it when kids come up and push the select button while I'm scrolling through songs. Some kid was nice enough to select "bag" for me when I was scrolling towards Breakdown and still had mods on. I was a very unhappy Gypsy. Image Oh, and I also hate it when people who don't understand coin lines steal my token when they're done.
Gypsy

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:45 am

1. nope, never danced barefoot cuz I've heard it's painful.
2. somewhere inbetween...I could stand to lose a few pounds but I'm not that stocky. ^_^;
3. 5th mix is my favorite. :3

crowds make me nervous, and then I screw up a lot. x__x; and I HATE shadowers. although one time this guy asked if he could shadow me and I said it was okay, cuz hey, at least he ASKED first.

random tip from ShiHi...don't enter a DDR tournament until you can do AT LEAST 6 feet.

edit: hahahahaha, I typod "6 feet" as "67 feet" lol exdee
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment