What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby jorvaa » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:15 am

Just watched Master and Commander (love that movie) and now I'm waiting for Holy Week to be over so I can watch the rest of Eragon (looks okay) and the rest of the 5'th season of Hogan's Heroes.
"The only place outside of Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell." - C.S. Lewis

[My LJ] - [My DA]
jorvaa

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:38 pm

I got a quick glimpse of part of Francis The Talking Mule yesterday when I was clicking over to the Twins game.
mitsuki lover

Postby ilikegir33 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:37 pm

On Sunday I saw Blades Of Glory. Y'know, the new movie with Will Ferrell and Jon Heder? It was good. I was LOL.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby LittleTokyo91 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:04 pm

Night at the museum. It was funny. I liked it alot.
No one knows what goes on inside of your head
And everything seems to be ok.
And your the same as you've always been (your the same)
If I'd listened, would you have talked to me?

I don't wanna Let You Down,
But I can't even pick up myself.
I only wanted to make you proud,
But I don't think I can do this anymore.

When did this crowded room get so lonely?
And everyone keeps looking at me.
I'm tired (so tired) of faking my life
I'm so tired, I don't wanna feel this way.
-P.O.D.
LittleTokyo91

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:31 pm

An older foreign film, Babette's Feast. Thought it was pretty great. I'm gonna watch Jesus Camp also, though I kinda think I know what I'm going to think of it...
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:20 pm

I've never seen either of them, so Orange County and Office Space last night.
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:05 am

The Last Kiss - Zac Braff's latest movie. Please don't watch it. It is really awful, even if you did like Garden State. I kept hoping that it would get better, but it never did, not even close to enough to make it the least bit worthwhile.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:11 am

i watched Remember the Titans yesterday.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:26 pm

Seen quite a number of movies as of late...

V for Vendetta (despite the comments on the topic on it that was closed a while back, I thought it was an awsome movie^^)

TMNT (pretty good stuff^^)

The Bourne Identity/Supremacy (only seen parts of it and my b/f wanted to watch them again)

Oh, and rewatched Advent Children for like the 4th time.

Tenshi no Ai

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:28 pm

just watched the Prince of Tennis live-action movie. no comment...XD

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:36 pm

Was it any good and how were the tennis scenes?

I watched KING ARTHUR on FX yesterday. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Fun.
Though the Woad Men would have better identified as Picts and not
Britons.Certainly it would have gone better if they had used the word
Pict instead of Woad Men or Briton.
mitsuki lover

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:31 am

watched Prince of Tennis - the movie: the two samurais

other than the sweet animation and nice tennis matches, the movie wasn't all that great. it lacked a good plot, was pretty predictable, and Shusuke Fuji played a VERY minor role in the movie.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:38 pm

The Departed

I don't think it was a good as a lot of people made it out to be, but still pretty darn well made.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:48 pm

my parents went to rent Freedom Writers yesterday, but they ran out of copies so we got the Pursuit of Happyness instead.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:41 pm

Charlotte's Web. A VERY well done movie I must say (and haven't read the book since I was 8^^) Walden Media did amazing things with the animal CG, as usual^^ VERY impressive.

Tenshi no Ai

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:48 pm

Saving Private Ryan.

Though very graphically violent and realistic (it IS a war movie, after all), it's a great movie. Shows the reality of war. No cocky grins or quotable phrases like most action movies or Sci-Fi Channel shows. Tom Hanks was amazing, and I give a cheer for Vin Diesel and Paul Giamatti as well. There were some very effective camera tricks, such as being handheld all throughout the battle of Omaha Beach. It really makes you feel like you're there.
There was a lot of swearing, and a couple crude jokes, but overall it was a wonderful movie. Still, it's so intense that I'm not sure I'm going to watch it again...at least for another ten years or so.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Saj » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:52 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Saving Private Ryan.

Though very graphically violent and realistic (it IS a war movie, after all), it's a great movie. Shows the reality of war. No cocky grins or quotable phrases like most action movies or Sci-Fi Channel shows. Tom Hanks was amazing, and I give a cheer for Vin Diesel and Paul Giamatti as well. There were some very effective camera tricks, such as being handheld all throughout the battle of Omaha Beach. It really makes you feel like you're there.
There was a lot of swearing, and a couple crude jokes, but overall it was a wonderful movie. Still, it's so intense that I'm not sure I'm going to watch it again...at least for another ten years or so.

poor poor vin dies in like the first 45 mins of the movie tho :( Saving private ryan tho was a great film, one of my favs

as for me, the most recent movie i saw was Blades of Glory... that... was a movie
" ...to walk on water."

" In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggars's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. " -- Donald Miller on Grace

Never going to let you down.
Saj

Postby yukishiro128 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:46 pm

I had an urge to watch some Disney movies so I dug out Snow White and watched it yesterday. GREAT movie--animation is amazing! Then I watched The Brave Little Toaster today. So saaaad...T__T
http://www.busybeeband.com--Most awesome high school band ever. Check it out.

Hurry up and install your home security systems, 'cause Jesus is coming like a thief in the night.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"]ACCHONBURIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/font] :wow!:

:angel:
yukishiro128

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:06 pm

jon_jinn wrote:my parents went to rent Freedom Writers yesterday, but they ran out of copies so we got the Pursuit of Happyness instead.

we exchanged Pursuit of Happyness for Freedom Writers because Pursuit of Happyness kept skipping because it had a lot of scratches on the disk. they had more copies of Freedom Writers so we were able to exchange it for free.

i'm going to watch it today!

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:11 pm

Night at the Museum. I really liked it^^ Funny and had real good CG too^^

Tenshi no Ai

Postby Jih » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:43 pm

Fight Club
Jih

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:13 pm

watched Freedom Writers yesterday night...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:51 am

Batman Begins.

And the sequel can't get here fast enough.
Fish and Chips

Postby Saj » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:04 am

Blood Diamond. Very good Film
" ...to walk on water."

" In exchange for our humility and willingness to accept the charity of God, we are given a kingdom. And a beggars's kingdom is better than a proud man's delusion. " -- Donald Miller on Grace

Never going to let you down.
Saj

Postby WrestlingOtaku » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:14 am

Just finished watching Night at the Museum. I thought it was very funny.
WrestlingOtaku

Postby Doe Johnson » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:17 am

I just watched the new Detective Conan movie yesterday (late night showing!! woot! only 1200 yen!). Detective Conan: Jolly Roger in the Deep Azure, movie number 11. T'was quite enjoyable even though I couldn't understand most of the Japanese. It has some entertaining Engrish though!
The #1 Fan of mastersquirrel's Voice!

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri. - Douglas Adams
I smell cinnamon roll-y!!

You fight like a dairy farmer!
The Giver of Quality Hugs
I felt a great bump in the Thread, as if millions of posts suddenly bumped in terror and were suddenly silenced.

No - My birthday isn't really on the Ides of March, but that is the fake date I use everywhere on the Internet.
Adopted: ishy

the cc is special ground, cc's provide protection to all who seek shelter there, no violence can be done in a cower corner - it is known
Doe Johnson

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:12 am

Finding Forrester.

A very good movie despite frequent language. Since it's about a prospective writer being tutored by a retired author, I found it very inspiring and helpful (I want to be an author too). I'm considering buying it simply for all the helpful hints contained in it. I also thought the actor for the main character was very natural.
I also saw Quest for Camelot, but *cough cough* It's not really worth mentioning except for the blind character.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:38 am

Pulse.

I hate choppy horror films. I hate the horror genre in general, but especially ones with choppy scenes. It doesn't matter how bad they are, so logically inconsistent that they make horror buffs laugh, the images stay in my mind.
Fish and Chips

Postby KBMaster » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:22 am

Lady in the Water.

EXCELLENT movie with plenty of twists and turns. I loved how EVERYBODY played a role.
KBMaster

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue May 01, 2007 2:09 pm

I saw part of the Godzilla movie that was made in Hollywood and all I can say is...pbbffft!
I didn't know wheter to laugh or cry because it was so corny.
mitsuki lover

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment