Dance Dance Revolution

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:59 pm

gah, i was playing extreme yesterday (actually it was "megamix" lol) at a mall. And i was playing with this guy. We first did holic, and that was pretty okay. Then he chose Senorita. And I have to say, i could of beaten it if i hadn't gotten tired. GAH its so evil! Must! Build! Stamina!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:04 pm

I would play DDR everyday if it wasn't for the fact that I live in a second floor apartment and the floor shakes everytime I jump ._. I really need to get in shape, all my stamina is gone -_-
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:41 pm

i understand, i tire out TOO fast, and not just ddr, like running and exercising
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby dragonshimmer » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:02 am

aku_soku_zan wrote:I got DDR Max. I'm gonna go buy an Ignition pad tomorrow, and I cannot, cannot wait. That is going to rawk.

LUCKY! ;) I started to buy one of those yesterday...until I found out that it's around $120 at EB Games with the warranty. I want a good pad...but my funding is somewhat limited. I wound up going with the Dance Dance Revolution pad itself, which was about $60 with a warranty. The guy there told me how to build my own hard platform, but...I'm not good with stuff like that. :drool:

Yes, I JUST received my game with not one, but TWO pads. So why, you ask, was I buying another one? Because as I excitedly plugged in that second pad the day before yesterday...I found out one of the sensors is defective. :shady: I bought it off of half.com from Games City. When I emailed them about the problem they said "Send it back to us, and we'll send a new one." :shady: Not quite feeling that, yo.

Moral of the story?

Don't buy dance pads online.

Moving on....does anyone know anything about getting broken blood vessels from this game? My boyfriend played about 20 minutes and has a mass of broken vessels the size of his hand right behind his knees.
dragonshimmer

Postby Kkun » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:22 pm

I've never heard of breaking blood vessels. It's hard at first, but your body will adjust to the game. I've never heard of that, though...he should be careful.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Gypsy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:13 am

Whoa ... I never broke any blood vessels DDRing (although it felt like it sometimes :sweat: ).
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Stephen » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:30 am

No no, I am quite sure you did Gypsy. When I would randomly pick odd colored songs while on light mode...and you were on heavy. *blood vessals pop in Gypsys head* WHICH ONE DID YOU PICK.
Stephen

Postby Kkun » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:56 am

Shatterheart wrote:No no, I am quite sure you did Gypsy. When I would randomly pick odd colored songs while on light mode...and you were on heavy. *blood vessals pop in Gypsys head* WHICH ONE DID YOU PICK.

Shattersteve, did she smack you on the head or anything like that when you pulled that? 'Cause I know I would have. :lol:
Kkun

Postby Gypsy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:22 am

Well, we've since worked out a type of code. If he stops on a song to listen to it and check out the feet, and I promptly begin weeping, he'll usually skip it. ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Mr_Anderson » Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:00 pm

aka chan only does like 1 song on the m at: "Moonlight Shadow" all the other songs have been played like 5-15 times, but thats one has been played over 100 times, i'm sooooo sick of it, o yeah, i have ultramix (max?) 2 for Xbox.
Shatterheart wrote:Sarcasm is like a butt...everyone has some...and some need to be kicked.
Mr_Anderson

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:09 pm

I'm getting ddr on ps2 with an ignition mat for my b-day. I want to practice a whole lot so I don't look stupid at the arcade ^^;;
Kawaiikneko

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:24 pm

Mr_Anderson wrote:aka chan only does like 1 song on the m at: "Moonlight Shadow" all the other songs have been played like 5-15 times, but thats one has been played over 100 times, i'm sooooo sick of it, o yeah, i have ultramix (max?) 2 for Xbox.

That's not true! I've been doing Random on Light level to try and get better recently. It's the other female players who are stuck on Moonlight Shadow. *noogies* :eyeroll: Brothers.

XD Yeah, that's why I need to practice at home too, Kawaiineko. Though my first DDR experience was in an arcade. Boy was that embarrassing.
Aka-chan

Postby girlninja » Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:59 pm

heheh well i'm a nooby ^^ first time i played DDR was yesterday and *sigh* i'm hooked along with the rest of the mindless zombies :P :P *wink j/k lol
but i'm liking it ^^ i'm in the beginner mood and i played like three times but i got up to straight C's and one B before the night was through after the third time ^^ so i am improving i wanna get up to light in about a month ^^ heh
"If not now then when? If not me then who?-anonymous

and of course now i must instill the Dancing BANANA'S!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WHY AM I CRYING IN FRENCH-Vash the Stampede

ORORORORORO!-Himura Kenshin

:jump: :lol: :thumb:

"It is not weak to value human life!"-Raiden, Mortal Combat II

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

*ADOPTED BY* ..yea i know scary I got a adopted ~_^

Nami
girlninja

My Success Story ^.^

Postby EnjouNoShisuren » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:39 pm

OK... HERE is why I LOVELOVELOVE DDR:

For the first 17 years of my life, I had what one would call a weight problem... I weighed about 297 lbs. and I didnt really care. Then one day (in June 2003) I went to a local arcade with a large group and got dared into playing... in spite of my lack of experience, I WAS GOOD lol. Of all the ppl there I was the only one who had never played and the only one who could get more than a C on a light song (it was Butterfly >.<, but hey I did it and they didn't) and I decided to keep playing. I played for about an hour or two a day for about 3 or 4 weeks before I hopped up to Standard and after another 2 weeks or so I was on Heavy, but I was starting to get slightly less heavy if ya know what I mean. I discovered that DDR was a great way to lose weight and it inspired me to do so. Now... close to a year and a half later I am down to about 210 lbs and dropping and I feel and look like a completely different person. Anyways... thats my success story.

:dance: Here are my faves: :dance: (all Heavy ^.^)
>>>"So Deep (Perfect Sphere Mix)" - Best score: AA with a 497 combo (yes, I know 497/500 is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING lol)
>>>"V (for extreme)" - Best Score: AA (not sure of combo/greats)
^sadly, those two are my only AAs ever >.< but I am workin on it lol

>>>"Witch Doctor (Giant Toons Version)" - Best Score: A
>>>"Furuhata's Theme" - Best Score: A

ok, thats about it... I may post more if I think about it lol

oh well, happy posting and happy Duhdering! :dance: (That's my own personal slang for DDRing lol)

~Enjou
^.^ Check out my Xanga!!! ^.^

"Today is... Gorb-Gorb! The Tamaranian festival of berating drapery! STUPID CURTAINS!!!" *fires eye lazers at curtains*

"How many okarins does it take to hogie a moorflark? Finbar!"
~Starfire, Teen Titans

---
"Ok, Remember when Killer Moth made an army of mutant moths and forced Robin to take his daughter to prom? And he was like "Gnah!" and you were like "Grrr!" and Robin was like "Sss-uuuh!?" But then we found Killer Moth! And I was like "Dude!" and Raven was like "ZZZ!" and Cyborg was like "Boo-yah!" And we kicked his butt!?"
~Beast Boy

Not all who wander are lost. ~J.R.R. Tolkien

"My dearest Apollo... goodbye... I'll be burning star: 4."
EnjouNoShisuren

Location: Somewhere in my mind there's a bed... that's where you'll find me... asleep...

Postby Saint Kevin » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:00 am

Nice dude! I wonder if there is a place somewhere online for success stories like that. Maybe alongside the addicts group therapy forums or something.

Anyway, just thought you guys might like to know that I am still playing DDR, and enjoying it. It looks like I'm gonna have to go the arcade route, but the good news is, that it's not going to be as expensive as I thought.

I found an arcade in town (a nickel arcade...yeah) that has DDR. They give you 5 songs for 25 cents. Unfortunately, you have to pay 2.25 to get in, but if you DDR enough in a day, you can easily turn five bucks into a few hours.

So, it looks like I'm going to be playing a lot of DDR then. I went two days ago and didn't do that great, but I did move up to light for a bit. Just so you all know...I'm not in that weird transition between light and standard like some here...I'm just...a lightweight. Standard is daunting, and light really only works for me at a moderate BPM. I did start to discover the art of conserving my energy with bunny hops and so forth though.

Heh...people have to be crazy to actually want to make this game harder than it already is. Good luck with those ankle weights Gypsy...I hope you don't break something.

And oh yeah...is soreness in the shins normal after you play too much DDR? Cause I started to feel some serious stiffness (only in the left shin though).
Our lives are but a vapor, let us not let waste our time and breath on vanities, but let us spend ourselves for the Kingdom, seeking a better resurrection.

Preaching the Bad News

My Live Journal
Saint Kevin

Postby dragonshimmer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:11 am

EnjouNoShisuren wrote:OK... HERE is why I LOVELOVELOVE DDR:

For the first 17 years of my life, I had what one would call a weight problem... I weighed about 297 lbs. and I didnt really care. Then one day (in June 2003) I went to a local arcade with a large group and got dared into playing... in spite of my lack of experience, I WAS GOOD lol. Of all the ppl there I was the only one who had never played and the only one who could get more than a C on a light song (it was Butterfly >.<, but hey I did it and they didn't) and I decided to keep playing. I played for about an hour or two a day for about 3 or 4 weeks before I hopped up to Standard and after another 2 weeks or so I was on Heavy, but I was starting to get slightly less heavy if ya know what I mean. I discovered that DDR was a great way to lose weight and it inspired me to do so. Now... close to a year and a half later I am down to about 210 lbs and dropping and I feel and look like a completely different person. Anyways... thats my success story.

:dance: Here are my faves: :dance: (all Heavy ^.^)
>>>"So Deep (Perfect Sphere Mix)" - Best score: AA with a 497 combo (yes, I know 497/500 is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING lol)
>>>"V (for extreme)" - Best Score: AA (not sure of combo/greats)
^sadly, those two are my only AAs ever >.< but I am workin on it lol

>>>"Witch Doctor (Giant Toons Version)" - Best Score: A
>>>"Furuhata's Theme" - Best Score: A

ok, thats about it... I may post more if I think about it lol

oh well, happy posting and happy Duhdering! :dance: (That's my own personal slang for DDRing lol)

~Enjou

Enjou, that's a wonderful success story! *hugs* I'm so glad to hear that.

I LOVE DDR, but one of the main reasons why I bought the game is to loose weight as well. So far, I've lost about 3 pounds in a matter of about 2 weeks.

*off topic* YAY! I'm from Georgia too.

*back on topic*

Saint Kevin:
And oh yeah...is soreness in the shins normal after you play too much DDR? Cause I started to feel some serious stiffness (only in the left shin though).

I get that as well after I've been playing an hour and a half or so. So do my friends when they come over. I think it's normal.
dragonshimmer

Postby Kkun » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 am

Saint Kevin wrote:Nice dude! I wonder if there is a place somewhere online for success stories like that. Maybe alongside the addicts group therapy forums or something.

Anyway, just thought you guys might like to know that I am still playing DDR, and enjoying it. It looks like I'm gonna have to go the arcade route, but the good news is, that it's not going to be as expensive as I thought.

I found an arcade in town (a nickel arcade...yeah) that has DDR. They give you 5 songs for 25 cents. Unfortunately, you have to pay 2.25 to get in, but if you DDR enough in a day, you can easily turn five bucks into a few hours.

So, it looks like I'm going to be playing a lot of DDR then. I went two days ago and didn't do that great, but I did move up to light for a bit. Just so you all know...I'm not in that weird transition between light and standard like some here...I'm just...a lightweight. Standard is daunting, and light really only works for me at a moderate BPM. I did start to discover the art of conserving my energy with bunny hops and so forth though.

Heh...people have to be crazy to actually want to make this game harder than it already is. Good luck with those ankle weights Gypsy...I hope you don't break something.

Hey, that's awesome, man. I'd pay 2.25 cover fee and then 25 cents for 5 songs. That's a great rate. Anyway, soreness in the ankles is normal. That happened to me a bit when I first started, but like any kind of physical exercise, your body has to adjust. Just give your body a break for a day or two and get back to it. I wish you well with that..
Kkun

Postby EnjouNoShisuren » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:58 am

Holy whoa shimmer, I was at Georgia Southern this past semester... Statesboro's a neat little town huh? Except for its lack of DDR Spots... (at least, I couldnt find any). Thanks for the hug too! ^.^ *hugs dragonshimmer back* :hug: Anyways, I have a couple more fave songs: (Heavy of course)
:dance: :dance: :dance:
>>>"Waka Laka" - Best Score: A
>>>"A" - Best Score: A (Isn't that technically a AA? I mean I got an A on A... I count that as two As...)
>>>"Healing Vision" - Best Score: A
>>>"Healing Vision: Angelic Mix" - Best Score: A
>>>"Can't Stop Fallin' In Love (Speed Mix)" - Best Score: A

Thanks for the positive responses to my story by the way ^.^

KeepDuhDeRing :rock: :rock: :rock:
^.^ Check out my Xanga!!! ^.^

"Today is... Gorb-Gorb! The Tamaranian festival of berating drapery! STUPID CURTAINS!!!" *fires eye lazers at curtains*

"How many okarins does it take to hogie a moorflark? Finbar!"
~Starfire, Teen Titans

---
"Ok, Remember when Killer Moth made an army of mutant moths and forced Robin to take his daughter to prom? And he was like "Gnah!" and you were like "Grrr!" and Robin was like "Sss-uuuh!?" But then we found Killer Moth! And I was like "Dude!" and Raven was like "ZZZ!" and Cyborg was like "Boo-yah!" And we kicked his butt!?"
~Beast Boy

Not all who wander are lost. ~J.R.R. Tolkien

"My dearest Apollo... goodbye... I'll be burning star: 4."
EnjouNoShisuren

Location: Somewhere in my mind there's a bed... that's where you'll find me... asleep...

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:22 pm

*collapse* Just FYI, endless mode is pretty hardcore. I just spent like an hour straight doing it...a nice work out, but I feel my calves twinging.
Ashley

Postby Kkun » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:59 pm

Ashley wrote:*collapse* Just FYI, endless mode is pretty hardcore. I just spent like an hour straight doing it...a nice work out, but I feel my calves twinging.

I went through like 30 songs on Endless on Heavy, and then I just got bored and decided to quit. It's so fun but after a while, the pain and the boredom start to kick in. XD
Kkun

Postby dragonshimmer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:36 pm

aku_soku_zan wrote:I went through like 30 songs on Endless on Heavy, and then I just got bored and decided to quit. It's so fun but after a while, the pain and the boredom start to kick in. XD

*DIES*

*mimicks* "Woohoo. Look at me. I got bored on heavy."

Whatever. ;)

*is jesting*

I'm just jealous because I'm still new and am struggling on light ;)

That's really awesome, aku. I hope I can build up enough endurance and skills to do that. :thumb:
dragonshimmer

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:57 pm

I'm just jealous because I'm still new and am struggling on light

Aww, don't feel bad DragonShimmer. I've been playing for...*counts* 8 months now, on and off, and I'm still in light mode. :sweat:
Ashley

Postby dragonshimmer » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:23 pm

Ashley wrote:Aww, don't feel bad DragonShimmer. I've been playing for...*counts* 8 months now, on and off, and I'm still in light mode. :sweat:

^^ Thanks, Ashley.

I'll still be on beginner in eight months :drool:

Maybe not ;)
dragonshimmer

Postby girlninja » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:39 am

/smile yay!! i just bought two pads for DDR xtreme for ps2 lol ^^; and i made it to light mode yay! ^^ still getting C's and D's but i'm passing heh pretty cool i started let's see three days ago ^^ i'm hopin to get standard within a month ^^ that would be cool heh

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Nami
girlninja

Postby girlninja » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:42 am

30 songs on heavy *falls over shaking and convulsing* uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just let me lie here and die please lol
ya know if i have your problem i'll by happy lol

Nami
girlninja

Postby Kkun » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:06 am

[quote="dragonshimmer"]*DIES*

*mimicks* "Woohoo. Look at me. I got bored on heavy."

Whatever. ]

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as arrogant. :sweat: I've just been playing for like 3 years now. You'll get there, though. =D You JUST started playing. Keep rocking out on light...soon you'll hit standard, and then, the best parts of DDR: Heavy, oni, and nonstop. *__*

And hey, you live in Georgia. That's cool. ^_^
Kkun

Postby dragonshimmer » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:01 am

aku_soku_zan wrote:I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come off as arrogant. :sweat: I've just been playing for like 3 years now. You'll get there, though. =D You JUST started playing. Keep rocking out on light...soon you'll hit standard, and then, the best parts of DDR: Heavy, oni, and nonstop. *__*

And hey, you live in Georgia. That's cool. ^_^

^^;; I did not perceive you as arrogant. I'm sorry! I was merely joking with you, and expressing my appreciation of your skills in an odd way ^^

I did endless yesterday on light-but I just did the slow songs. I did okay, I guess. I'm thinking in another month I can move on up to light mode.

Yes, I live in GA. I've spoken with you briefly before ^^
dragonshimmer

Postby Sync » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:26 am

I think I'm finally going to finally drop DDR, it ends up costing me more money than Beatmania IIDX* and Pop'n Music; even though I've been playing DDR much longer (started on MAX in June of 2001). I'm still on standard. Doing fairly well though, constant mid-to-high B's and mid A's; and can assuredly pass a few songs (with a decent grade) on heavy. But others I just completely bomb at some point and either fail out or end up with an E once my friend finishes the song for us.

*:I seem to be much better at IIDX and can pass anything below 5stars on light7. And I really have to say too, music is much better than on DDR.
Sync

Postby Mr_Anderson » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:01 pm

i play standard now! i usually get d's-c's and sometimes a b =D
Shatterheart wrote:Sarcasm is like a butt...everyone has some...and some need to be kicked.
Mr_Anderson

Postby Felix » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:29 pm

Did you know that they're making a game for the GCN called DDR with Mario?
It will prolly come with a dance mat or something.
Felix

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment