Dance Dance Revolution

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby plutogrl03 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:28 pm

Gypsy wrote:Extreme is kinda pooish until you start unlocking things. And V is such a fun song!

Yeah. I have been looking at Extreme on Amazon and the reviews are kinda unforgiving. Nevertheless, I still want the game. I also read that you can't turn off the symbol buttons (like the X or circle button) and that can throw off your combo. (I still want the game).
plutogrl03

Postby Gypsy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:18 pm

aku_soku_zan wrote:You know, Go West is to the tune of that old church song "Give Thanks".

I thought the tune sounded familiar! Now I feel dumb!

And your roommate picking songs that are only in English is lame...........they need to branch out...because there are so many awesome songs on DDR in Japanese.

Yes, she and I are still working on the whole, "you pick one, then I'll pick one" method. ]
Yeah. I have been looking at Extreme on Amazon and the reviews are kinda unforgiving. Nevertheless, I still want the game.[/quote]
Yes, it did get harsh reviews, but it's still worth getting. Like aku said, it's to be seen more as a song library addition to people who are big fans of DDR. I should play tonight ... I haven't played for almost an entire week.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby desperado » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:08 pm

i like "without you" by heather and have recently had kick the can, move your feat (crazy video) and the captain jack one (cant remeber what its called)
desperado

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:19 pm

I haven't played DDR in a long long time :[ well, I've played a round or two in passing at the mall, but that's not really playing. I consider "playing DDR" to be sticking around at the arcade for an hour or so and playing at least 3 sets or however many it takes to either 1. exhaust my token supply or 2. exhaust me. ^_^;

I ought to talk someone into buying me Max2 and a pad for Christmas.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Kkun » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:37 am

I got to play some yesterday. I broke into the high score list for the Dancemania Oni course on DDR Extreme at the mall. Whoo. Third place, yo. Captain Jack will be the death of me. T__T
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby John316 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:48 am

I was one of the members of the DDR "cult" at Cornell mentioned earlier in the thread back in the day :)

I loved Healing Vision Angelic, Cartoon Heroes, bag, Rhythm and Police, Sakura, Colors, most of the Paranoias, and Max300 always brings a rush.

I agree with aku_soku_zan, wonderland's crazy fun, you can practically slide through the entire song.

Now just gotta drag my lazy butt over to the arcade once in a while to get back into it :P
Romans 12:9 "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."
John316

Postby Kkun » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:57 pm

Wonderland is SO FUN. Even when I mostly play 8-9 foot songs, I still like to go back and play wonderland just because it's so catchy.
Kkun

Postby Kkun » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:06 am

Okay, new accomplishment on DDR Extreme Arcade.

Naoki -Neo- Standard Oni Course:
Score: 3552(high score at the moment is 3554, boy was I frustrated. TWO FREAKING POINTS. That's like 1 Marvelous.), 2nd place on the high score list.

Dancemania -Oni-:
Score: 2694(high score is upwards of 4300, so a while to go), 2nd place on this course. I PASSED CAPTAIN JACK WITH 3 MISSES. WHOO. XD

Rhythm and Police, Heavy, full combo(finally). Not a AA, though, because I had 61 greats. I'm going to fix that when I go back today. >D

AM-3P Heavy, AA, 18 greats.

um, this was really just for the sake of keeping the DDR thread alive! =D
Kkun

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:04 am

Has anyone bought any of those really thick (maybe four inch) foam pads. I had some of those measely plastic table clothe-y pads, but they were obliterated (Yeah, my little brother had a party with a bunch of his little friends. Need I say more?)

Soooo--- I was thinking about asking for some of these pads for Christmas. But are they worth it? Cany anyone tell me how durable they are?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kkun » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:11 am

If you want a thick pad, get a Red Octane Ignition 2.0 pad. Those are very nice. Now, if you have like 350 bucks to spend, I'd get a Cobalt Flux pad. They're amazing and you can get insane good scores with them.
Kkun

Postby harina » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:04 am

I've never played DDR, but i have tried Step Mania. (what's the difference between them? :red: )
I can't remember the names of the songs i like.. but one is Butterfly.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. [Hebr. 11:1]
harina

Postby Kkun » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:12 am

Well, you see, Stepmania is unofficial and for the computer. People can use existing DDR songs with it or make their own new songs. Dance Dance Revolution is a game officially put out by Konami. They're exactly the same, though. And Butterfly is indeed a DDR song.
Kkun

Postby harina » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:21 am

Ok.. thank you for information ^_____^ now i won't feel so ignorant.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. [Hebr. 11:1]
harina

Postby shadowblade » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:31 pm

Just got the dance pad and DDR Max and DDR Max 2 over the summer, so I'm a bit of a newb. :sweat: My favorite songs are Hysteria, End of the Century and Dream a Dream on Light mode. Just starting Standard mode, but I'm having a little trouble with the whole double-step thingy. Any advice?

Proud Member of the Challengers Guild ^_^

Life is not about us using God for our purposes, but about Him using us for His purposes.

Faith is not creating a false reality, but acknowledging God's promises for us.

The dreams I dream for you
Are deeper than the ones your clinging to
Let the old dreams die
Like stars that fade from view
And take the cup I offer
And drink deeply of the dreams I dream for you
-Avalon

[color=Navy]Bill: Ted, you and I have witnessed many things, but nothing as bodacious as what just happened.
Besides, we told ourselves to listen to this guy...
Ted: But what if we were lying?
Bill: Why would we lie to ourselves?
-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
[/color]
shadowblade

Postby Kkun » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:44 pm

What do you mean by double step? If you mean where two different arrows come at the same time, then all I have to say is jump. And if you mean where two notes come in rapid succession, well, just tap your foot. Keep at it and you'll have it down in no time! =D

And having Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure in your sig is awesome. ^_^
Kkun

Postby desperado » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:50 pm

anyone know where some of the songs for stepmania such as butterfly, colors, ect... i would like to download the thing since i have stepmania
desperado

Postby plutogrl03 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:07 pm

shadowblade wrote:Just got the dance pad and DDR Max and DDR Max 2 over the summer, so I'm a bit of a newb. :sweat: My favorite songs are Hysteria, End of the Century and Dream a Dream on Light mode. Just starting Standard mode, but I'm having a little trouble with the whole double-step thingy. Any advice?

Try using the assist option in training mode. The assist gives you the choice of practicing songs with handclaps beating out the rhthym of the arrows. It also gives you the choice of practicing without music, with a metronome, and a couple of other choices that I can't remember right now. The handclap assist has helped me alot. I'm sure it would do the same for you.
plutogrl03

Postby shadowblade » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:32 am

Lol, yeah, the second one you said, aku. I have so much trouble with that! Sometimes it seems like it's offbeat, so it's hard to stay focused. I guess it just feels like it's going too fast for my little brain to register. Lol! Oh, did you see the second Bill and Ted movie? I rented it, but I didn't get the chance to see it. I heard it was nowhere near as good as the first though. Socrates and Napolean were the greatest! Lol!

I don't think I've tried the assist option. Sounds like that could help a lot though. :) Thanks for the advice, everyone! :)

Life is not about us using God for our purposes, but about Him using us for His purposes.

Let the old dreams die
And take the cup I offer
-Avalon

[color=Navy]Bill: Ted, you and I have witnessed many things, but nothing as bodacious as what just happened.
[/color]
shadowblade

Postby Gypsy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:07 am

Let us know how it works out. The assists didn't work for me personally - but the slow down option did for the harder songs. I miss it on Extreme. :(
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby shadowblade » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:37 am

You have Extreme? How is it? I wanted to buy it myself, but I wasn't sure (and I'm also a bit short on cash. Lol!) Which do ya think is the best one?

Let the old dreams die
And take the cup I offer
-Avalon

[/color]
shadowblade

Postby Gypsy » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:41 pm

For me, it's a toss-up between DDR Max and Max 2. Max has lots of fun songs, and Max 2 has songs that challenge me. In my humble opinion, get Extreme only if you have both Maxes. There's some really good songs on there, but you have to unlock them, and the interface is annoying. Aku mentioned before that Extreme isn't really a fun game all by itself, but it makes a good song library addition, and I agree.
Gypsy

Postby shadowblade » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:37 am

I have both of the Maxes, so I think I might buy it just to get a few more songs and such. :) I have a lot of DDR parties, so I'll have the songs unlocked pretty quickly. Lol. I agree with you, darknecromancer; DDR is very awesome. Good exercise too. :)
Oh, and good news, the assist option did help a lot! Not really the metronome, but the clapping really helped me get the rhythm of the song and the steps and such. After 4 days of doing DDR (about an hour each day), I have been able to get Bs on Dream a Dream and Dive! ^_^ Thanks for all your advice! It really helped! :D

Let the old dreams die
And take the cup I offer
-Avalon

[/color]
shadowblade

Postby Mr_Anderson » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:09 pm

i played this at my friends house, i got like F's always. it was soo cool like they would do it uberly fast and i couldn't even pass the slowest songs. :sweat:
Shatterheart wrote:Sarcasm is like a butt...everyone has some...and some need to be kicked.
Mr_Anderson

Postby IfIWereAnAsian » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:16 pm

lol ^^ i tried playing DDR double with only 1 pad~~ and a controller for the other!** >.< it's soo weird and hard! haha confusing~
~~~Beautiful things~ Beautiful places~~~
There's so much to be thankful for*
I love you Lord, you Bless me so much*
:)
IfIWereAnAsian

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:31 pm

I have DDR at home now! weeeeewt. I got the Extreme + pad package.

anybody got any tips for unlocking stuff on Extreme?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Gypsy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:26 am

IfIWereAnAsian wrote:lol ^^ i tried playing DDR double with only 1 pad~~ and a controller for the other!** >.< it's soo weird and hard! haha confusing~

You are insane! Image

ShiroiHikari wrote:I have DDR at home now! weeeeewt. I got the Extreme + pad package.

anybody got any tips for unlocking stuff on Extreme?

Nice! It's about time! No tips from me - I just keep playing and they keep showing up. :sweat:
Gypsy

Postby Stephen » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:59 am

i played this at my friends house, i got like F's always. it was soo cool like they would do it uberly fast and i couldn't even pass the slowest songs

Just keep at it. It does not come easy for a while. And even now...I am just barely able to do standard songs. I don't get to play as much as I wish I could. But as Gypsy can attest...I have come a long way from the style of "drunken buffalo" to where I am now. Which is randomly picking songs and watching Gypsy want to beat me.

Steve>It sounds like the moral kombat theme...
Gypsy>GAH
Stephen

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:48 am

man, I'm really disappointed with Extreme...I already unlocked all but 3 of the songs :\ I need more good songs~! I think I'm gonna try to get a used copy of DDRMAX pretty soon. it's got a lot of good ones on it from what I can tell.

also, with the soft pads, does anyone else have trouble with the down arrow? for some reason I keep losing track of it and stepping on like, the middle of the pad instead. I miss the arcade pad where I could feel the edges and stuff...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ashley » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:20 pm

Yeah, I have the soft pads here at home and it messes up. Even carefully storing them, the back curls up and I have a hard time hitting that dumb down arrow. At first I hated the arcade version, but you're right, easy to stay oriented.
Ashley

Postby Kkun » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:12 pm

For Shi and Ashley, the soft pads just take getting used to. Take a 3 ft. by 3 ft. piece of wood, duct tape the pad to the wood, and rock on. That will remedy the curling up problem. It'll work WONDERS. WONDERS, I say.
Kkun

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment