My Japan Blog

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

My Japan Blog

Postby KazeShiki » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi all, I've just made a new blog. Since I'll soon be studying in Japan for 2 years, I'll be blogging about my experiences there, be it daily life/culture, sightseeing, or even religion. Of course, as an avid anime fan, there will be anime-related posts whenever that creeps up in my life. My first post is just an FAQ so it's probably not all that interesting. There might not be much to post during the summer (just lots of boring preparation) so I arguably jumped the gun on this but once I start school, things will get more fun :)

Check it out at Nana の Kaze
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Re: My Japan Blog

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Neato! I'll be keeping up with this for sure.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby DecooPunk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Cool! So awesome that you get to go to Japan :D
DecooPunk

Postby Kaori » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:20 am

ToDai is quite prestigious; congratulations.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby KazeShiki » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:45 am

so I've been in Japan for a few weeks now. Pretty busy but I wrote a post. If you happen to have any specific questions, I'll do my best to answer.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby KazeShiki » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:48 am

I haven't been updating this thread, but I have been updating the blog. Most recently, I wrote about my experience at Comiket and a very long rant about Christianity and anime, which I think should be quite relevant to anyone here.
KazeShiki

Postby ClaecElric4God » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:58 am

Thanks for sharing, Kaze. That was awesome. Definitely got the old thinker grinding again.
Seriously, that was really enlightning and really helped me think out some stuff I've been struggling with. I look forward to reading more.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to Computing and Links