Great Mobile Apps

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Great Mobile Apps

Postby Xeno » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:41 am

This is a thread for people to share really great applications for mobile devices. These could be apps you use on a daily basis or just occasionally, but they would be ones that really streamline the way you do things and make life easier. They can be for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Symbian or cross-platform.
---------------
Tweetbot for iOS - Available on the iPhone, iPod, and iPad. Twitter application that is heavily gesture based in it's operation. Allows for easily setting up multiple timelines for a single user, setting up multiple accounts in the app that can be quickly switched. Provides timeline streaming when on a wifi connection so the timeline constantly updates.

Clear - To-Do List manager. Another gesture based app that streamlines setting up a list of things you need to get done. Really not a whole lot more to this than that, but it's much more user friendly than using the Reminders or Notes app that comes paired with iOS.

Weather HD - Amazing motion backgrounds, accurate realtime weather information. Quickview option if you have several cities set up to monitor weather data for at once. Much more versatile than the stock Weather app or The Weather Channel's free or paid version.

Convertbot - From the same developers as Tweetbot, this app allows you to do conversions of pretty much any basic thing you can possibly think of, including currencies which it has realtime updates for to make sure the values are correct.
Xeno

Postby AnimeSpriter7.4 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:59 pm

i would have to say my favorite apps are skype, ooVoo, and msn i use it daily and i dont have to sit in front of my computer all day.
and i personally like tomtom it is a decent gps app but expensive don't have it on my phone tho but it sure helped me and brother get around places
AnimeSpriter7.4

Postby Vii » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Ooo, I like the sound of Convertbot. I'll definitely look that one up.

As for mine...
---------

Dropbox - For storing files to reach on any device. I use this on my computer as well, particularly when I've taken photos of some event and have to get the photos to someone for a slideshow. I don't use it as much on my iPod, but I have occasionally for showing a picture to someone, or using a picture I downloaded onto my computer as my iPod wallpaper.

EMD PTE - A good periodic table app. Useful for Chemistry classes.
Vii

Postby firestorm » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:37 pm

I'd say idisplay is a great one. It basically turns your little smartphone (or tablet) into a second monitor for your computer. It costs around $10 bucks, but if your doing photoshop it's a neat little app to have so that you can move all those little dialog boxes and tools to the phone screen and instead using the mouse or keyboard you can just directly press on the tool to activate it. :)
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Return to Computing and Links