Ubuntu Kernal Panic

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Ubuntu Kernal Panic

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:03 pm

How many Ubuntu users have gotten Kernel panics? I've gotten them a couple times, but I suspect it's bad hardware (bought in Yongsan, which isn't known for its legit, high quality stuff) but I'm wondering how common this is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Warrior4Christ » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:24 am

I think I may have seen it in Ubuntu before, but I don't really think it was that hardware-related for me, since it's been a long time since I've seen it. I'm guessing it was probably when I jumped onto an upgrade in the first week of the release, and it was probably not quite as mature as a release should be. So not sure if that helps.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Did it force you to reinstall, or were you able to recover?

Not many votes here. I was wondering who'd gotten a kernel panic with a single boot, because my wife was tired of Vista so we made her laptop Ubuntu Only. I'm actually not all that fond of the Unity desktop, but that's just me. On my laptop, I've gotten 2 Kernal Panics (the kind that keeps me from starting Linux at all) and lost a bit of stuff that I kept on the Linux partition (via Wubi) Apparently Wubi causes all sorts of problems, so not using it can help prevent problems. At the same time, I don't know how common it is to have these Kernal panics. I guess there are Kernel Panics that don't prevent you from starting the system. I've never gotten one of those.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby shooraijin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Not to date, but I've only used the PowerPC variant and not heavily.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Warrior4Christ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:31 am

Bobtheduck (post: 1587568) wrote:Did it force you to reinstall, or were you able to recover?

Sorry, late. It seemed to sort itself out with OS updates pretty much. Didn't have to reinstall.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Return to Computing and Links