Steve Jobs stepping down

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Steve Jobs stepping down

Postby Xeno » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Well after making what was arguably the biggest comeback in the tech world ever, Steve Jobs is stepping down as the CEO of Apple after 15 years. He's staying on as Chairman of the Board, but Tim Cook will be running the show. I can only hope Apple continues to innovate and push the envelope as they have for the last 10 years (namely in the last 5 of those years).

Source: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-as-apple-ceo/
Xeno

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:36 pm

If I had the money to do so, I would buy Apple Stock tomorrow morning. Apple should be fine for the next few years at least, as they have more than enough products to continue creating sequels to.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby TheMewster » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:28 pm

Hmmm. maybe this means iOS will get flash player?
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Xeno » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:22 pm

TheMewster (post: 1499424) wrote:Hmmm. maybe this means iOS will get flash player?

No, no it will not.
Xeno

Postby ADXC » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:04 pm

ADXC

Postby ST. Attidude » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:10 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1499410) wrote:If I had the money to do so, I would buy Apple Stock tomorrow morning. Apple should be fine for the next few years at least, as they have more than enough products to continue creating sequels to.

Yeah, it seems that they are much better off than the U.S. government ;)

not that they have anything to do with business of course...
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:35 pm

This thread will not go down a route towards political discussion. If it does it will be locked.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby ABlipinTime » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:41 pm

Imagine that, leader of a body of people running a 330 billion dollar show stepping down... to CEO.
Incidentally, people are talking as though Jobs isn't going to have as much influence on product design as he has in the past, or is it that he just isn't going to be personally inspecting every pixel in prototype and final (as I've been told (by an avid Mac fan) he does)?
Which brings up another question, and one that might be alittle off topic: if you owned a business, how immersed in it would you be? It appears Jobs really enjoyed what he did and cancer got in the way (he's taking indefinite medical leave). As a side, rich or not, his cancer is still something we could pray for - along with his salvation if he doesn't know Christ.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Xeno » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:13 pm

He isn't stepping down to CEO, he is stepping down from being CEO. He will be the chairman of the board, and will still be involved in new major device development, but no where near in the capacity that he has in the past. Steve Jobs was the guy who would press his face and stare at pixels looking for imperfections. He called the CEO the Google on a Sunday afternoon once at the "urgent" issue of their iPhone app icon having a slightly wrong shade of yellow in it, and it needed to be fixed immediately. That kind of perfectionism is gone from the company now. I'm sure they'll try to retain it as much as they can, but they won't.
Xeno

Return to Computing and Links