Need a new mouse

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Need a new mouse

Postby Xeno » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:50 am

I'm in the market for a new mouse. My Apple Mighty Mouse's trackball has stopped working and so I'm stuck using my MacBook's trackpad for all my cursor needs, which my wireless keyboard still works fine. I'm looking for some suggestions, but I have something of a unique problem, I have very large hands. The Mighty Mouse was actually quite small in my hand I found it rather uncomfortable, and the fact it's not at all ergonomic doesn't help. Other mice I've used in the past include the Logitech MX Revolution and MX-1000 (Revolution on the left and 1000 on the right), which I found to be of decent size, but my hand still somewhat engulfed them. I'm currently looking at a Saitek R.A.T. 5 or a Microsoft Sidewinder X8, but I'm not sure if those are really going to be the best bet for me.

For reference, here is an image of me holding a DVD and one of me holding my Apple Mighty Mouse.
Xeno

Postby MrKrillz0r » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:37 am

http://ii.alatest.com/product/600x400/b/e/A4Tech-OSCAR-GAMER-XL-740K-RED-SNAKE-0.jpg

Thats what I would recommend if you want a really nice mouse which fit big hands. Its not expensive, its good and its big.
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:11 am

I have pretty big hands and I use a Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000. This is a good multi-button mid-range mouse and it is also available in wireless. This specific model does not tilt-scroll, which for me is an advantage (because then it can properly "click" when I spin the scroll wheel), but might not be for you. There are many variations.

It is only a fair gamer mouse, however, if you plan to be playing games with it. It tracks well, but has only a "standard" button set.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:52 am

Dangles mouse in front of you before dangling it above his mouth and gobbling it like a Visitor

Lol just asking for it!
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby Xeno » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:22 am

Well I found the a mouse. The Logitech Performance MX mouse was on Amazon used for $53 with expedited shipping. I'm now using it, and it's great. Fits my hand very well yet I'm still able to use a claw-grip on it. Needless to say, I'm quite happy.

The mouse and me holding it.

Comparison between it and my current mouse.
Xeno

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:19 am

I was gonna say, get a Sidewinder (I've had mine for a few years now), but nice choice with the Logitech.
Shao Feng-Li

Return to Computing and Links