Compiling Borland Outside of Bin

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Compiling Borland Outside of Bin

Postby Dante » Mon May 16, 2011 9:35 pm

After months of no success, I've finally managed to get nerdy enough to figure out the installation of the Borland C++ compiler for windows. I even get a sucessful compile... but only if the cpp files are located in the path,

C:/Borland/BCC55/Bin

Now, this is cool and all, but it would be nice to simply write a program in some other folder and compile into the same folder to keep everything nice and tidy (and to avoid me accidently deleting important files). Is there perhaps something I need to add onto the path or something in order to allow it a more 'versatile' compile capability?

Thank you,
Pascal
Dante

Postby Kaligraphic » Mon May 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Does this article help at all? I haven't used the Borland compiler in some time, but I don't recall it being particularly finicky about where the source files were, as long as it could find them.

Are you using a makefile, or just using "bcc stuff.cpp"?
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Dante » Tue May 17, 2011 11:29 am

Wow, thanks for the help Kaligraphic, it now works great. I thought I did most of the stuff there, but I think I might have forgotten to restart Windows (sounds silly, I know, but I keep this computer eternally on sleep-mode to avoid the lengthy start-up processes).

I can now compile outside of the Bin folder and am on my way to getting this language under my belt.
Dante

Return to Computing and Links