Can You add an external html page in Blogger.com?

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Can You add an external html page in Blogger.com?

Postby F.M Disciple » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm trying to create an html page and post it on a blogger.com account

I already created the html page in dreamweaver, but when I tried to copy and pasted the code onto blogger, it just adds the text to the template.

So what I want to know is....

* Can you even add an external page to a Blogger.com account.
(by which you just click on a tab and it takes you to an outside html page.)

* If so how is it done?

I appreciate if you guys can answer my questions.

thank you and God bless.
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Postby Alcuinus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:46 pm

I tried so hard to get that to work. I think it is theoretically possible to make a blogger page entirely your own, but the problem is you need to go through the template system they have set up. It only further complicates things when you want a template for most of the site and then straight HTML on another.

So I think it is very unlikely but I may be wrong. If you just want to post a static page or site on the web and have full control over the HTML from the ground up (and do it for free) I would suggest webs for hosting. then you can link to the page from your blogspot. Webs does give you the ability to have that full control over the html, but they do require you put their site bar on it or a promotion image. (neither are significantly obtrusive)

you can see the kind of ad bar it is on this site.
Deo Volente Deo non Fortuna
Alcuinus

Postby F.M Disciple » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:02 pm

That's what I thought, well i have an account from a web hosting service so I create an html page and post the link on blogger.
Thank you Alcuinus for your advice.
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Return to Computing and Links