i want to go back to the old facebook

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

i want to go back to the old facebook

Postby armeck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:14 pm

yeah so i clicked "get new profile" they didn't let me preview it, and i got stuck with it, anyone know how to go back?
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Furen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:33 pm

No but it's actually really well layed out, you should keep it for a while as it's going to make everyone do it eventually anyway.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby armeck » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:45 pm

i know it's layed out well, but i still don't like it, i don't like change, and i know they will try to make everyone change but i want to keep my old profile as long as i can
armeck

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:07 pm

There's no way to go back once you get it early. You should probably just try to adapt now, since they will be pushing it out to everyone soon anyways.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:26 pm

I wish Facebook would quit changing crap alla time. :I
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Tsukuyomi » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Didn't they do this before a while back? They came up with a new look (the one now) and let people test it out, but forced it upon everyone anyway? Or, was that another social network.. I'm not on any others (actively), so it must've been FB o.o
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Midori » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:16 pm

I wish nobody used Facebook so I wouldn't have to use it.
Midori

Postby Straylight » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:27 am

Midori (post: 1442704) wrote:I wish nobody used Facebook so I wouldn't have to use it.

This, lol
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby goldenspines » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:02 am

Midori (post: 1442704) wrote:I wish nobody used Facebook so I wouldn't have to use it.

I also second this.

I have put off upgrading to the new profile until FB comes and changes it overnight for me like I know they're dying to do. : I
goldenspines

Postby Sheenar » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:46 am

I didn't push any buttons or anything, but they went ahead and changed me over to the new format. :/
So, yeah, they're going to force this change on everyone.

I miss the days back when FB was not so much like Myspace. No crazy aps --just friends talking to friends.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:45 pm

I got rid of facebook this week. My friends are in this puzzling mix of " ohmygoshWHY?! D: " and " Good for you! :D " Once I saw they were making this switch I was just sort of like, "Good riddance, and then it will be another mandatory update that I have to get used to, again...and the same old drama and constant having to keep up with people instead of having a real conversation...okay, yeah, I'm done." lol
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Fourthed.

Man, I think the worse change is the new noise they have for chat. They had a fine sound and now I want to punch the computer every time I hear it.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby klomp123 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Apparently if you deactivate your facebook account for ten minutes (Not delete, do NOT delete!) it'll revert back to the original. Source
klomp123

Postby armeck » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 pm

if it wasn't for facebook i wouldn't hardly have any friends, most of my friendships are made via facebook (sadly) so i have to disagree with you there

klomp123 (post: 1442887) wrote:Apparently if you deactivate your facebook account for ten minutes (Not delete, do NOT delete!) it'll revert back to the original. Source

thanks i'll have to try this
armeck

Return to Computing and Links