Can You import sound files into Photoshop?

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Can You import sound files into Photoshop?

Postby F.M Disciple » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:23 am

I'm working on a project in photoshop for my computer graphics class.
the assignment is to create an animation in photoshop.

Anyway I'm creating a animation that's reacting to the song Tank(the cowboy bebop theme) And I'm trying to import the song into my animation.

I tried looking up how to import sound files into Photoshop but no cigar.
So my question to you fellow CAA tech enthusiasts is can you import sound and how?
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Postby bigsleepj » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 pm

As far as I know, no, unless it is a new thing that came out in the past year or so.
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Nope. Last I checked, you can't. But you could probably import the images into a movie editor.
Ante Bellum

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:43 am

Nope. Photoshop does nothing with sound.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Etoh, is correct. It's the wrong software for what you wish to do. Also, why are you using Photoshop to make an animation? I didn't know that was possible. I mean you can make a gif animation in Image Ready but if you're doing animation you're better off using something like Adobe (previously Macromedia) Flash.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby F.M Disciple » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:50 pm

you can do animation in photoshop its similar to a gif animation. The only difference is that its jpeg images that are being animated.

Due to the advice of the members of this fourm and my own exploration of the software I decided to drop the idea of using sound. I just created the animation without sound.

Thank You everyone for your advice and help.
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Return to Computing and Links