Mp3 Questions

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Mp3 Questions

Postby Vega » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I have an Mp3,on the mp3 I have wav files or pretty much recordings.My mp3 does have video/picture capibilities so I just wanted to know if I could put a picture to a wav file so I would see a CD cover when the recording is playing.Any help?
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby EricTheFred » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Vega (post: 1378151) wrote:I have an Mp3,on the mp3 I have wav files or pretty much recordings.My mp3 does have video/picture capibilities so I just wanted to know if I could put a picture to a wav file so I would see a CD cover when the recording is playing.Any help?

I don't think any audio format gives you still picture display. Some still picture formats have audio extensions, but I don't know what kind of audio quality these have.

What you probably need to do is import your audio into video editing software, import a still of the cover to be displayed over the length of the song, then export the project as an avi.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Valkaiser » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:02 am

WAV files do not support embedded images.
However, the CD cover image to which you are referring is displayed from MP3 and WMA files. In order to associate an album cover with your songs they will need to be converted to one of those formats and then you can use a tool to embed a cover picture.

I have not used any tools to accomplish this personally, so here are relevant web searches.
Web search for WAV to MP3 converter
Web search for MP3 image embedding tool
Valkaiser

Postby RidleyofZebes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:47 am

Hello, Vega. I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'll help you as best as I can. When you say you have 'an Mp3', from the way you used it, I assume you meant an 'Mp3 Player', like a iPod, or a similar device, correct? If so, I believe I have the solution for you.

---

There are two ways to do this. The first (and simplest) is to take the picture you want to use as the cover, rename it to 'folder.jpg' and place it in the folder that contains the mp3 files you want it associated with, like so:

...And it's that simple. Your Mp3 player will read the picture as the album art for all .Mp3, .Ogg, .WAV or whatever is in that folder. The bad news, though, is that you can only use one picture per folder, and everything in that folder will be associated with that one image. So unless you feel like sorting your music library, you might wanna take a look at the other option.

---

For the other way of tackling this, you can embed the Album Cover Art directly into the .Mp3 file using ID3 tags. As complicated as that sounds, I'll try to make it as simple as possible.

We'll be using a free program to do this called Mp3tag. You can download it for free from the developer's website HERE [2.06mb]

Once it's installed, just open up the file you wanna embed the album cover in with the program.
Once opened, after selecting the file in the window, right click the 'Album Art' panel and click 'Add Cover...'
From the dialog, select the picture you want to use as the album cover (Preferably a .jpg image) and hit OK.
The image should show up in the pane now, so go to the toolbar at the top and click 'save' (the floppy disc icon)
After that, two dialogue boxes will pop up and let you know that you're done.
ImageImage
...and that's it! You can do this for as many individual .Mp3 files as you want and it should always work. Out of my ~2,000 song library on my 8gb Sansa Fuze, I had maybe 30 that didn't take, and there were technical reasons involved that I eventually resolved.

If you have any trouble, just give me a holler. I'll be checking back in later.
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Postby Vega » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:04 pm

hmmm,ok ill be sure to try that out!Thanks alot guys!
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Valkaiser » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Nice exposition there, RidleyofZebes. You have remedied my lazy :P

Good luck Vega!
Valkaiser

Postby RidleyofZebes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:55 pm

What can I say? I'm OCD when it comes to my music. XD I'm just glad to be able to share some of my hoarded knowledge.

And indeed, Good luck Vega!
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Return to Computing and Links