Alltoavi and divx converter are sucking really bad

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Alltoavi and divx converter are sucking really bad

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:18 am

Dell inspirion 1501 laptop with 1 gig of ram, 32 bit windows xp with SP2. SP3 is a joke, and I would never install it. DVD reader / CD rewriter drive, SD card reader (instead of universal... Annoying. I didn't know that until I came here) basically everything is stock, but I got a firewire port expresscard. Anyhow

I have footage captured on premiere from my video cam...

1. all the footage I have has scanline lag in it... IT'S DIGITAL VIDEO, THERE SHOULDN'T BE INTERLACED SCANLINES! That makes no sense at all...

2. Alltoavi reads my widescreen vids as 4:3, but thankfully I can fix that manually. Divx converter doesn't give me that option.

3. Alltoavi is taking my 50 minute DV vids and pumping out 3 minute divx files... Yeah... I've done it before (sometimes with the interlacing problem, not always), but for some reason, when I actually NEED it to convert for work, it decides to be a little female dog on me. I even tried converting other files made the EXACT SAME WAY and they worked... It read as being -138% complete (that's a negative, by the way) and it said I had -5 minutes left, but it worked out in the end... It doesn't do that with these, it just gets to 100% and spits out a file that's a fraction of what I put in... in actual length, not in size...

So... I can't use movie maker, because you can ONLY do 4:3 in movie maker. Premiere takes hours to pump out anything that's not DV, and even then, it looks like crap. It's jittery. So MM and premiere aren't options. I'm so frustrated I... Well, it's not that I can scream, I have... several times. I tried to muffle it with a towel, but I don't think it worked...

Ok, so that last bit is unneeded info when it comes to getting this to work. I don't know why Alltoavi is deciding not to convert JUST THESE files. I would have given up and lived with the stupid interlacing problem, but... I can't live with distorted image or incomplete videos... one of about 100 of my problems at the minute...

:comp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:50 am

Do you need a better converter at all?
I don't have really any experience with either of those programs.
Ante Bellum

Postby RidleyofZebes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Ah, media conversion. I've done so much mucking around with this lately, I feel... I dunnow, enlightened? Whatever. I might have a solution to your problem, tho.

First off, what's your desired output format? I know a myriad of freeware programs that have fully-customizable output formats, and they'll accept virtually anything for input if you have the CCCP installed.
~Ridley [color="Green"] ;)
[/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]deviantART[/color][/color][/font] | [font="Arial Black"][color="Red"]My [color="Red"]YouTube[/color][/color][/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~~~[color="Yellow"]AKA: DarkwaterhHealer~~~[/color]
Even when lurking, I am with you in spirit...

Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES.
RidleyofZebes

Return to Computing and Links