Allow me a moment to complain.

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Re: Allow me a moment to complain.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:01 pm

It's Thanksgiving and I don't get any turkey or pumpkin pie because I live in Japan. :( I mean, they have pumpkin-based sweets in Japan but they don't spice it right AT ALL so it doesn't take the edge off the pumpkin pie cravings. :(
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:18 am

Yuki-Anne wrote:It's Thanksgiving and I don't get any turkey or pumpkin pie because I live in Japan. :( I mean, they have pumpkin-based sweets in Japan but they don't spice it right AT ALL so it doesn't take the edge off the pumpkin pie cravings. :(

Aw, sorry, Yuki. You should have come over here to Saku. We had pumpkin pie (and I'm pretty sure it's from Japan) that tasted genuine to me. Also, the church here had an American style Thanksgiving dinner Saturday, complete with turkey and potatoes and the works.

It's my first Thanksgiving away from family and I'm miserable. Especially since these people have already decorated for Christmas. *humph* :shady:
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby FourFourSeven » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:48 am

Yuki-Anne wrote:It's Thanksgiving and I don't get any turkey or pumpkin pie because I live in Japan. :( I mean, they have pumpkin-based sweets in Japan but they don't spice it right AT ALL so it doesn't take the edge off the pumpkin pie cravings. :(

One more thing to remember when I'm ready to fly over there. Thanks.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:30 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Especially since these people have already decorated for Christmas. *humph* :shady:

I agree with you there Claec. What is it with people and putting up Christmas decorations two months early? It reminds me of that one Foxtrot strip, where Andy and Page are out shopping in early December, but it's all Valentine's day stuff.
Banana Lobster

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:29 am

FourFourSeven wrote:

One more thing to remember when I'm ready to fly over there. Thanks.

I brought mah own pumpkin pie spice. It's a necessity of life.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby anlptgtsg » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:09 am

Banana Lobster wrote:
ClaecElric4God wrote:Especially since these people have already decorated for Christmas. *humph* :shady:

I agree with you there Claec. What is it with people and putting up Christmas decorations two months early? It reminds me of that one Foxtrot strip, where Andy and Page are out shopping in early December, but it's all Valentine's day stuff.

Well I used to think thanksgiving is in New Year XD
anlptgtsg

Postby Sheenar » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:32 am

I didn't get any pumpkin pie, either (um, $20+ for a gluten free, dairy free pumpkin pie is pretty pricey). :(

If the yummy awesome Sheena-friendly pumpkin bread is in stock at HEB, I will be happy with that compromise. It gets snatched up quickly, though.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:00 pm

I've been up for way too long, my arms hurt, I have Physics stuff to finish, and there aren't enough pictures of cats in this thread.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Xeno » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:51 am

Sheenar wrote:I didn't get any pumpkin pie, either (um, $20+ for a gluten free, dairy free pumpkin pie is pretty pricey). :(

There is no way it's that difficult to make. Challenge accepted, will trip report.
Xeno

Previous

Return to Goof Off and Testing