Allow me a moment to complain.

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Allow me a moment to complain.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:16 am

Allow me a moment to complain, and I shall allow you one. Let's just be complainy in this thread.

My complaint: THERE'S A BABY'S BUTT IN MY RIBS ON ONE SIDE AND FEET/KNEES IN THE RIBS ON THE OTHER SIDE. AND IT'S PRETTY UNCOMFORTABLE YOU GUYS.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Re: Allow me a moment to complain.

Postby Xeno » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:54 am

Kids are a pain even before they are born.
Xeno

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:32 am

I don't know what you're complaining about, one time I ate like seven pieces of pizza and had a wicked stomach ache for the rest of the evening.
Davidizer13

Postby Mullet Death » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:36 pm

I fail to see the difference between this thread and the rest of the internet

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Xeno » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:08 pm

This thread is complaining about babbies, the rest of the internet is babbies complaining.
Xeno

Postby Lynna » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:43 pm

Whenever I've decided what I want to do, one of my parents presents me with an option that they see as a better choice but that I don't really like and have no real reason to choose.

Also, I read an amazing story and it makes me feel awful and insecure about my writing. IT'S A GOOD STORY I'M SUPPOSED TO ENJOY IT NOT HAVE THESE ANNOYING INSECURITIES.
Lynna

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:26 am

Xeno wrote:This thread is complaining about babbies, the rest of the internet is babbies complaining.

Whatever these "babbies" are, I'm sure they are worthy of complain.

Also, congrats to Lynna on getting the point of the thread. My next complaint is about how nobody else is complaining. Come on, guys. Surely you have jobs or school or annoying siblings or SOMETHING...
Yuki-Anne

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:21 am

My Speech teacher is asking too much of us to basically crap a perfect speech in a matter of days, he grades harshly, and our final speech, worth more than the other FOUR speeches together is due Friday, and I have a lot of other coursework which needs to be done by tomorrow and Friday, and I'll even be spending my Thanksgiving break doing more homework. My left foot hurts all the time from and old work injury. I can't get decent internet at my house and can't get cell phone service inside. I need to buy computer parts on Cyber Monday but am short on cash. My customers are annoying to say the least.

My butt itches.

Mullet Death

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:24 am

Also I didn't get enough sleep and this cappoccino could be better.

Mullet Death

Postby FourFourSeven » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:51 am

I wish people in my state would learn to do two VERY important things while driving: 1-Use their turn signals when changing lanes, and 2-When on a two-way road, stay on their side of the yellow line and not cross it by any extent!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Whenever I go to work my boss is almost always arguing with one of my coworkers, and being a total condescending jerk while doing it. Like, yesterday, he was berating a coworker for mixing up "gakuin" and "gakuen" (which both mean "private school" in Japanese) in the ROUGH DRAFT of a presentation.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Okami » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:19 pm

MY HAND HURTS. I spent seven hours photoshopping a sketch. A SKETCH. It's not even all that complete. ASDFGHJKL;
Okami

Postby Rewin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm

My 7 month old son has decided he never wants to sleep through the night, preferring to wake up 3-4 times per night instead. This wouldn't be such a big deal to me since I can sleep through most of the crying, but my wife can't and I'm pretty sure my 2 year old daughter who shares a room with him couldn't for very long either. So my poor wife hasn't had a full nights sleep since before he was born, and I usually don't get one either because eventually my wife needs a break. Nothing like being up at 3 in the morning with a baby when you start work at 5.

Did I do that right, Yuki?
Rewin

Postby Xeno » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:42 pm

My phone number is locked in Apple's iMessage servers and it won't release it. I switched to a Samsung Note 3, so anyone who has an iPhone that sends me a message is getting errors or having their messages fail/having to wait for the message to fail-over to SMS before it will send to me. This is the biggest first world problem I have had in a very long time.
Xeno

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:08 am

Rewin wrote:My 7 month old son has decided he never wants to sleep through the night, preferring to wake up 3-4 times per night instead. This wouldn't be such a big deal to me since I can sleep through most of the crying, but my wife can't and I'm pretty sure my 2 year old daughter who shares a room with him couldn't for very long either. So my poor wife hasn't had a full nights sleep since before he was born, and I usually don't get one either because eventually my wife needs a break. Nothing like being up at 3 in the morning with a baby when you start work at 5.

Not only did you do that right, you also reawakened basically all my fears about becoming a mother. Kudos.
Yuki-Anne

Postby SilverToast » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Grr... I'm too young for Life Alert. Old people get the best stuff. Grr... I probably did this wrong like other things...
SilverToast

Postby Rewin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Yuki-Anne wrote:
Rewin wrote:My 7 month old son has decided he never wants to sleep through the night, preferring to wake up 3-4 times per night instead. This wouldn't be such a big deal to me since I can sleep through most of the crying, but my wife can't and I'm pretty sure my 2 year old daughter who shares a room with him couldn't for very long either. So my poor wife hasn't had a full nights sleep since before he was born, and I usually don't get one either because eventually my wife needs a break. Nothing like being up at 3 in the morning with a baby when you start work at 5.

Not only did you do that right, you also reawakened basically all my fears about becoming a mother. Kudos.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't think this is the norm. Certainly my daughter slept through the night much earlier than this.
Now I can't think of anything to complain about, grrr.
Rewin

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Sounds like a good candidate for sleep training to me. That sucks, man. My first was like that.

I keep having to make my husband put the baby back to sleep at night because I'm getting over a cold and can't stop coughing. Ever tried to sleep a baby when you're having a coughing and hacking fit? Baby gets huffy and all like "what the heck, woman? I'm trying to sleep here!"
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Rewin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:46 pm

QtheQreater wrote:

Sounds like a good candidate for sleep training to me. That sucks, man. My first was like that.

I keep having to make my husband put the baby back to sleep at night because I'm getting over a cold and can't stop coughing. Ever tried to sleep a baby when you're having a coughing and hacking fit? Baby gets huffy and all like "what the heck, woman? I'm trying to sleep here!"

I usually tried to avoid putting them asleep when I had a cough, but I would start coughing in the next room when my wife would have just gotten my daughter to sleep and she would wake up.

Back on topic, I am so tired of touch screens, I want to use my desktop more or get my laptop fixed so I can have a keyboard again.
Rewin

Postby Lynna » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:40 am

Rewin wrote:Back on topic, I am so tired of touch screens, I want to use my desktop more or get my laptop fixed so I can have a keyboard again.

Touchscreen keyboards! Ugh! I hate them! It takes me so long to type anything with them and then there'll always be some sort of typo. It's hard chatting with my friends on them, too, because whenever I type something long out they will have already changed the subject.
Lynna

Postby Xeno » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:01 am

Lynna wrote:
Rewin wrote:Back on topic, I am so tired of touch screens, I want to use my desktop more or get my laptop fixed so I can have a keyboard again.

Touchscreen keyboards! Ugh! I hate them! It takes me so long to type anything with them and then there'll always be some sort of typo. It's hard chatting with my friends on them, too, because whenever I type something long out they will have already changed the subject.

If only there was some kind of horribly compromised solution that gave you the benefits of a touchscreen, yet the convenience of a keyboard.

Xeno

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:54 am

I'm tired and I really want to go to sleep but a certain someone has passed me up in word count yet again, so I have to slave away all night trying to think up something long and wordy to write so I don't feel so bad about myself. And this morning would have been a perfect time to gain a few more words, but I didn't have any time, and last night I was too tired too, so I didn't get any words in yesterday and it was awful and I need to finish NaNo so I don't die!
And I hate eating food. Especially good food. Especially good food at a Japanese restaurant. 1. It's awesome and you want to eat it. 2. They don't let you take it home so whatever you don't eat goes to waste. 3. If you don't finish it you're not only wasting food, you're wasting GOOD food! 4. I know there's another reason I'm annoyed, but I can't think of it.
I'm about ready to puke up my guts because I forced down a burger curry over rice I didn't have room for. And my eyes hurt. And my head hurts from involuntarily trying to translate Japanese all day yesterday and today.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Wolfsong » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:41 am

I hurt. I hurt. I hurt. I got my Black Belt, after a 3hour long workout on Friday...and I'm still hurting. I've got bruises on my legs, sore on both my shoulders, and a pounding headache just above my eyes. I hurt, and I hate TaeKwonDo!.

...okay, maybe I don't, but gosh darn it I sure don't like it right now!
Wolfsong

Postby FourFourSeven » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Lynna wrote:

That's part of the reason why I hate them, too. I prefer to type with ALL of my fingers instead of just two thumbs.

And then there's my sister's smartphone, whose touchscreen has been acting up for a long while now. Trying to tap numbers just to call someone is sometimes impossible, and trying to get to a webpage even more so. That's why I always prefer to have button phones (or as some call it, "tactile control"); the day you really, really, really need to call that important number is the day you might not be able to, simply because the screen has decided to go on strike, or it's cracked just right to where you can't use that part of the screen.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

FourFourSeven

Postby Xeno » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Lol if you use a phone to call people. Also lol if you do text entry in any way other than speech to text.
Xeno

Postby FourFourSeven » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Xeno wrote:Lol if you use a phone to call people. Also lol if you do text entry in any way other than speech to text.

??
-Napoleon Bonaparte

FourFourSeven

Postby Xeno » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:31 pm

This is Goof Off right? The funny jokes, posts don't count forum right?

But yeah, I'd you need ~*tactile*~ input on a phone then you should probably buy a BlackBerry Q10, as awful as it is. Lord knows RIM needs the money. I'm kinda lost in the whole touchscreen hater train in tyool 2013 since they've gotten so advanced.

*I wrote this entire post with a stylus on a capacitive touchscreen. Some taped out, some swiped, and some handwritten.
Xeno

Postby anlptgtsg » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:02 am

Why do people say don't be shy to ask questions but get mad when you do ask your question?
anlptgtsg

Postby Xeno » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:17 am

Because they were just being nice at first. The idea of someone actually asking a question throws them off.
Xeno

Postby Sheenar » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:57 pm

I have lost both of my umbrellas within the past few days. Friend who works at the church told me to just go to the umbrella stand at church and take one. That just sounds wrong. :P

Also, I have spent a little over what I planned on supplies to make Christmas gifts this year (and to make inventory to sell) --bought beads at Michael's last week--then discovered last night that my local Walmart has a halfway decent beading/jewelry-making section in the Crafts department --with NICE beads at a fraction of the cost. Grr.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Next

Return to Goof Off and Testing