Bad Advice Thread

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Bad Advice Thread

Postby silvanis2.0 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:06 pm

Share your bad advice! My nugget of wisdom:
Licking the blades of a blender is the most efficient way to clean them.
-------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit.
-------------
"What is it? There's no need to yell in unison!" -L, English Dub
silvanis2.0

Re: Bad Advice Thread

Postby Mullet Death » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Tinfoil hats prevent our alien overlords from reading your mind and are highly fashionable. Don't take them off for any reason.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:15 am

How to cut an onion:

1. It is vitally important that you nestle the vegetable in the palm of your hand, with your fingers enclosed all the way around the vegetable, before applying the knife.

2. Close your eyes to avoid the tear-inducing gases that will be emitted by the vegetable.

3. Chop away to your heart's content, preferably holding the blade as high above your head as possible before swinging it down on the unsuspecting vegetable.

4. MAKE SURE YOUR EYES REMAIN CLOSED. THOSE GASES ARE FREAKING PAINFUL.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Xeno » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:27 am

The most attractive women are impressed by guys who can body-board down gravel roads behind pickup trucks.
Xeno

Postby Crossfire » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:50 am

When building a proper bonfire make sure to drench everything with gasoline, then proceed to start it up by placing your lighter at the bottom of the pile. Contrary to popular belief, you will not catch on fire or otherwise singe hair and eyebrows.

It is 100% safe. I know because I tried it last night.
Crossfire

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:53 am

Crossfire wrote:When building a proper bonfire make sure to drench everything with gasoline, then proceed to start it up by placing your lighter at the bottom of the pile.

I tried it last night.

Somehow, I believe you. Is that sad?
Last edited by ClaecElric4God on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:25 am

Large tattoos of daytime television icons are in fashion these days. The best part is, price isn't a factor when it comes to tattoos, so you might as well go as cheap as you can get.
Davidizer13

Postby Sheenar » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:48 am

The best way to keep your toes cozy during the winter is to place a hair dryer under the covers turned on low. It totally won't catch fire or burn you --nothing like that ever happens...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Xeno » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:35 pm

The best way to warm up a car on a cold winter morning is to start it up in the garage with all the doors and windows shut. This will not cause deadly fumes to build up and cause asphyxiation in any way.
Xeno

Postby Peanut » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Never turn down free money. Especially if its given to you by a shady guy you just met behind Radio Shack.
Peanut

Postby Mullet Death » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:20 pm

The best way to make friends on Xbox Live is to scream into one's headset at max possible volume
The longer and screechier the better- lets 'em know you're eager to be friends. Acceptable deviations from this norm include racist jokes, blaring rap music in the background and gratitious amounts of non-CCA approved behavior in-game to the remains of prospective friends.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:47 pm

If you mix a bunch of bleach and ammonia together in a big vat and breathe in deeply, you turn into Superman.
Davidizer13

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Unmarked vans are party central. If you are invited to enter one, by all means, do so. Especially if you are enticed with candy.
Yuki-Anne

Postby silvanis2.0 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Electrical currents are the best way to energize yourself after a long day. If you were to stick a metal object into an electrical outlet, you'd get the same effect as a few cups of coffee. Don't worry about electrocution. That's never an issue.
-------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit.
-------------
silvanis2.0

Postby Rewin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:46 pm

When going on a long drive alone, pass the time by reading a book. Don't worry, driving doesn't take much concentration.
Rewin

Postby PandaPop » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:37 am

The best way to warm up your clothing in the winter is by laying it on the woodstove, nice and toasty. (this has literally happened in my house)
PandaPop

Postby Xeno » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:12 am

Always look down the barrel of your gun to make sure it has been properly cleared of any bullets that might be in the chamber.
Xeno

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Do not do stupid things, UNLESS, you have someone who can catch your moment of stupidity on camera. If there is a camera handy, be dandy with stupidity!
(Don't mind the humiliation, possible injuries, and bad consequences of your actions.)
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:53 pm

If your toast gets stuck in the toaster, fish it out with a metal knife or fork. You get your toast AND a boost of energy to start your day!
Ally-Ann

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:21 pm

More calories = more energy, so if you want to lose weight, you should eat more high-calorie foods so that you have more energy to exercise.
Yuki-Anne

Postby silvanis2.0 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:31 am

Despite the off-putting name, poison ivy is great for exfoliating the skin. Try to rub the leaves on your face at least once a week.
-------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit.
-------------
silvanis2.0

Postby AdriTan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:36 pm

If someone sneaks into your bedroom in the dead of night to murder you, the best protection is always underneath your covers. Their knives can't penetrate that level of snuggliness.
AdriTan

Postby silvanis2.0 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:00 pm

People enjoy chivalry, and an act becomes exponentially chivalrous the longer you do it. So, if you're holding a door for someone, they will really appreciate it if you start holding it open when they're thirty feet away. They will really appreciate the gesture.
-------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit.
-------------
silvanis2.0

Postby SilverToast » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Always split up when a murderer is around. You are stronger alone individually than with a group.
SilverToast

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Ace33Wing wrote:Always split up when a murderer is around. You are stronger alone individually than with a group.

Especially if you have chairs and a lot of maneuvering space.

If you have to get up at 3:00 A.M. to go to the airport, you're better off staying up till then and watching anime. You'll have plenty of time to sleep on the plane, since there won't be any loud noises (such as children), disturbances (such as the person in the window seat wanting to get past you), or stewardesses (offering you stale pretzels) to keep you awake.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby SilverToast » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:13 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:
Ace33Wing wrote:Always split up when a murderer is around. You are stronger alone individually than with a group.

Especially if you have chairs and a lot of maneuvering space.

Exactly! You should let the axe murderer swing his axe around to boost his confidence. Then, after he gets tired and overconfident, run around and hit him with a chair to use up that maneuvering space.
SilverToast

Postby Rewin » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Welding helmets are overrated, a good pair of sunglasses will protect your eyes from the blinding light just as well.
Rewin

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:26 am

If you ever want to heat up your bath, just plug in your hair dryer and take it in with you :D you'll heat up in seconds ^.^
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:59 am

Panda4christ:3 wrote:If you ever want to heat up your bath, just plug in your hair dryer and take it in with you :D you'll heat up in seconds ^.^

*gasp* I never thought of that! I bet you could even turn the hair dryer on under water to heat up the water!

ClaecElric4God

Postby Cc4FuzzyHuggles » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:48 am

If you listen to the Nyan Cat none-stop for hours on end you will find complete peace and sanity. I highly advise you do this to feel it's wonderful peace and then share it with all your friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI-kpVh6e1U
Luke 10:25-27 Mark 12:28-34 Matthew 22 Deuteronomy 6:4-5 Deuteronomy 10:12
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
No one is perfect, but by one prayer at a time, and one step at a time, God can make our paths straight.
Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Location: I live wherever the Lord leads me. (currently in an apartment with my sweet cat.)

Return to Goof Off and Testing