Is is just me?

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Is is just me?

Postby phantomeofanime » Thu May 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Does anyone else have it where someone in your family is watching something, and you go down to ask them a question, and you walk in on the awkward part? Becuase i have that all the time!
PhantomEofAnime
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson...they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary...you can't gain anything without losing something first. Although...if you can endure that pain, and walk away from it...you will find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle.....yeah...a heart made fullmetal." -- Fullmetal alchemist Brotherhood.

"Never Judge a peron by their past, you should always love them in the present and help them in the future." -- Me

"It was good for me to be afflicted, so that I might learn your decrees." -- Psalm 119:71
phantomeofanime

Re: Is is just me?

Postby Derek_Is_Me » Wed May 22, 2013 12:55 am

Depends on what they are watching. I've done it a few times. Nothing to embarrassing. But yes, I will admit. There have been a few VERY embarrassing moments.
Derek_Is_Me

Location: Staring at you from your window outside. You have nice tastes in decor.

Postby Xeno » Wed May 22, 2013 10:00 am

Nope, just you.
Xeno

Postby Rewin » Wed May 22, 2013 9:54 pm

I think I'm usually the one watching when the awkward part comes on and someone walks in. That is how I got banned from watching Futurama when I was younger.
Rewin

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu May 23, 2013 7:55 am

Rewin wrote:I think I'm usually the one watching when the awkward part comes on and someone walks in.

This. I'm like, "No, it's not usually like this, I swear!" Either that or, "I've never seen this before so I had no idea! Don't judge me! GAAAAAAH!"
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby SilverToast » Thu May 23, 2013 8:25 pm

No, it isn't just you. It happens to me too. My parents will be watching a movie and then I walk in on an awkward scene. It's happened several times.
SilverToast

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu May 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Yeah. Not too often, though. And never too bad.
Yuki-Anne wrote:
Rewin wrote:I think I'm usually the one watching when the awkward part comes on and someone walks in.

This. I'm like, "No, it's not usually like this, I swear!" Either that or, "I've never seen this before so I had no idea! Don't judge me! GAAAAAAH!"

Yeah, this has been me on a few occasions.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Mullet Death » Fri May 24, 2013 9:08 am

Er, what sorts of awkward parts?

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:57 am

Yuki-Anne wrote:This. I'm like, "No, it's not usually like this, I swear!" Either that or, "I've never seen this before so I had no idea! Don't judge me! GAAAAAAH!"

Pretty much this XD
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby phantomeofanime » Fri May 24, 2013 2:37 pm

I've walked in to monsters that look like giant octopus' eating people, and other stuff that I really shouldn't mention on here
PhantomEofAnime
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson...they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary...you can't gain anything without losing something first. Although...if you can endure that pain, and walk away from it...you will find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle.....yeah...a heart made fullmetal." -- Fullmetal alchemist Brotherhood.

"Never Judge a peron by their past, you should always love them in the present and help them in the future." -- Me

"It was good for me to be afflicted, so that I might learn your decrees." -- Psalm 119:71
phantomeofanime

Postby SierraLea » Fri May 24, 2013 9:30 pm

I think the worst time this happened to me was when I was watching Avatar Kara with my two littlest sisters, it was the triangle episode, and my mom walked in just as I was explaining why one of the boys didn't want the girl to kiss the other boy. Boy, I got a lecture for that.
SierraLea

Postby Wolfsong » Sun May 26, 2013 10:55 am

SierraLea wrote:I think the worst time this happened to me was when I was watching Avatar Kara with my two littlest sisters, it was the triangle episode, and my mom walked in just as I was explaining why one of the boys didn't want the girl to kiss the other boy. Boy, I got a lecture for that.

oooooooohhhhhhh....I can sympathize.

I used to sneak-watch my parents' movies when I was a kid...boy did I see some truly awkward things. :wow!:
Wolfsong

Return to Goof Off and Testing