Riddle

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Riddle

Postby timothy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 pm

If you are in a concrete room and there is no door window or anything normal way out and all that is in the room with you is a mirror and a table how do you get out? Try to figure it out it might be a little tough.
timothy

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 pm

The better question is if I'm trapped in a concrete box with no doors or windows, how did I get there in the first place, and how am I still breathing with no source of oxygen? For that matter, how can I see anything when there's no source of light in this room? It would be pitch black!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 pm

I am terrible at these things and the only way out I can think of is dark... REALLY dark... It involves breaking the mirror and using the shards to... well, like I said, it was dark.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:41 pm

Wipe your mime makeup off and stand up.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Furen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:42 pm

crack the glass so it can cut , take the table and cut it in half, from there you simply put the two halves together and crawl through the hole (whole)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:49 pm

How would you cut a table with a shard from a mirror? Unless the table was made of paper or something.

Nate

Postby Furen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:24 pm

Nate (post: 1455952) wrote:How would you cut a table with a shard from a mirror? Unless the table was made of paper or something.

he never specified the table's material, technically you don't need the mirror for that though.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:31 pm

Take the abnormal way out.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Nate » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:37 pm

Furen wrote:he never specified the table's material

Why would it matter? Most tables I've seen are made of wood, plastic or some form of metal, none of which could be cut in half by a mirror shard. If you had a table that COULD be cut by a mirror shard, it'd be so flimsy that you couldn't use it as a table.

Nate

Postby Dante » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 pm

Ha ha ha! You only THINK I am stuck in a concrete room, but that is a lie! In all actuality, I have captured THE REST of the universe in concrete. After all, if there is no normal way for me to reach the rest of the universe, there is no normal way for the rest of the universe to reach me! It just happens that I lack a lot of money, so all I could afford was this table and a mirror.*

*In a closed universe, starting at the concrete, they can go in any direction and if they overcome the expansion of the universe, they will eventually return back... staring at the opposite side of the concrete. So you see, both are cages, I've just been extremely generous and made theirs far LARGER then mine.
____

Of course... assuming I get bored... heh, that might be true soon. There are a NUMBER of ways I can escape this situation and free the universe from it's concrete cell! For instance, in building this, I couldn't afford to pay my income taxes, so in a few weeks, the tax man will show up with an audit. After I don't respond and laugh at him, he will return with a jackhammer and take away my table and mirror to pay for back taxes :(.

If I desire to leave sooner however, I could lucid dream and walk THROUGH the mirror. After all, in dreams, mirrors are actually a somewhat thick highly reflective fluid with other worlds on the other side. Then when I wake up, I conclude thoroughly that I am not living in the old world but in the "mirror world" - I will be certain of this a few hours later when my ENTIRE biological structure decays because it now holds the inverse CHIRALITY, leaving me to die a horrible painful death.

At this point, leaving becomes a necessity however, because releasing the universe from my concrete cage will help me attain a higher plane of existence. Consequently, I will rejoin them on the other side by going up to Heaven. They may however, be forever trapped from acquiring my table and chairs... at least until the tax man comes.
Dante

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:17 pm

Nate (post: 1455952) wrote:How would you cut a table with a shard from a mirror? Unless the table was made of paper or something.

Adventure game logic. Use it well.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:45 pm

Throw table at (2 way) mirror, leave through broken mirror.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:22 am

mechana2015 (post: 1456005) wrote:Throw table at (2 way) mirror, leave through broken mirror.

This.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:15 pm

Maybe it's an origami table. (Though I can't imagine the purpose of such a thing. @_@) Or, a doll-sized table? That might be flimsy... I dunno. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:20 pm

I use my shoe phone to call Doc and tell him that the pizza transporter needs some serious retuning, and then ask him to send me some lunch.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Midknight74012 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:31 pm

You see what you saw in the mirror, take the saw cut the table in half, two halves make a hole and you climb out the hole!
Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Postby timothy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:45 pm

midknight74012 you got it perfect how did you know lol
timothy

Postby Midknight74012 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:53 pm

it's called being cheap and looking through the net.
Psalms 82:3-4
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless;
maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy;
deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Midknight74012

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:10 am

Well, it would have worked with a one way mirror, as long as the way was going out.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby josh_manga » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:08 pm

ehh, balsa wood can be cut by glass, and it doesn't say how big the table is, and some tables made of wood or glass are not very stable to begin with, made just for vases and magazines and things. Balsa wood is used in model airplanes, so whether or not it would be structurally sound depends on how the table were built and what you were using it for. There are also plastic tables and pressboard tables, both of which could be gouged repeatedly till there were a hole. Still, none of those would provide a way out, unless the table were a secret portal and opening a hole in the table created a gateway or wormhole to Super Mario Land, in which case i'm just a meteor rock away from Brooklyn.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
http://lunamothmusicalentity.bandcamp.com/ http://smithcreations.webs.com/ http://www.scytherpg.webs.com/
Take off every sig, for great justice!
God bless us, everyone.
j.smith.
josh_manga

Postby DaughterOfZion » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:24 pm

doh. xp
/ 人 ‿‿人 \
"Validation is for parking."- Steal Like an Artist Austin Kleon
I have deduced that your imagination has no coherence whatsoever.- Kyōya Ōtori
DaughterOfZion

Postby ABlipinTime » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:41 pm

I'd just wait for GLaDOS to drop me my portal gun, then I'd glitch out of this level.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:46 pm

But you would need a portal outside the room!
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Vii » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:23 pm

My brother told this joke once. It was really tough, no one could figure it out.
Vii

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:06 am

I always carry a cellphone with me, so......
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby sailorsaturn » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:47 am

I looked up the answer and I've got to say, it's stupid. Let's just say that those of you who said to cut the table in half and put it back together again to create a hole (whole) are close.

I don't understand why we have cut the table in half once the mirror is broken. Can't we just put the mirror back together and create out whole out of that? For that matter, why to we have to break them in the first place? We've already got one whole table and one whole mirror.
sailorsaturn

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:51 pm

MomentOfInertia (post: 1517007) wrote:But you would need a portal outside the room!

Nah. It'd be like the early levels where the second portal is created for you.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby PrincessZelda » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Climb through the mirror, come out in Wonderland, live out the rest of your life there.
PrincessZelda

Postby Lynna » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Okay, so, like most people, my first move would be to break the mirror. Then I would stand on the table (Assuming it isnn't an origami table) and try hacking away at the ceiling. Yes, I knw, how is a mirror supposed to cut a ceiling, but what else am I supposed to do?
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Rylynn4869 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:14 pm

ABlipinTime wrote:I'd just wait for GLaDOS to drop me my portal gun, then I'd glitch out of this level.

This made me so happy!
[SIZE="2"]We've all got wounds, we've all got scars
Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it's hard
Don't give up hope, don't give up hope

'Cause He's got those wounds, and He's got those scars
And with His blood He heals our hearts
He is our hope, He is our hope!
~Don't Give Up the Fight by Revive[/SIZE]
Rylynn4869

Next

Return to Goof Off and Testing