Socially Awkward Moment of the Day

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Atria35 (post: 1452059) wrote:If you didn't know you didn't know! :lol: I'm sorry about it, that must have been a hard lesson to learn. Chalk it up to us having short attention spans and having it beat into us that any type of following around is creepy from a guy.

And yet, teen girls of this era love Edward from Twilight, the biggest stalker of them all. OH THE IRONY.

Yep, it was a hard lesson to learn. Mainly because I had taught myself beforehand that if I didn't pursue them in some fashion the ladies would all just ignore me. If you don't try enough, you're screwed, if you try too much you're screwed.

Ragequit.:lol:

Nate (post: 1452217) wrote:Pssh, no, Zelda is the guy who dresses in green and has a fairy. That chick doesn't even have a name, why would you give one to such a minor character?

Gannon Banned rule 2. :lol:
LadyRushia (post: 1452092) wrote:Image

That is amazing. It seems that most stalkers in anime/manga are female. Female stalkers certainly do exist, you just hear more about the male variety in the states.
Yamamaya

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:08 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1452221) wrote:Okay yeah, that's a lot better. See, in the first picture, the way his tunic kinda flared out near his hips made him look like he had lady hips, and the belt made his waist look narrow, so it made him look like he had an hourglass figure. His hair was pulled back in a girly way too. But in the second picture he definitely looks masculine.

Don't forget the tiara. They made him look more or less masculine in Melee; what a difference 6 years makes, huh?
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1452231) wrote:And yet, teen girls of this era love Edward from Twilight, the biggest stalker of them all. OH THE IRONY.

Yep, it was a hard lesson to learn. Mainly because I had taught myself beforehand that if I didn't pursue them in some fashion the ladies would all just ignore me. If you don't try enough, you're screwed, if you try too much you're screwed.

Ragequit.:lol:

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0907/exceptions-twilight-pedophile-exceptions-creepy-edward-idiot-demotivational-poster-1247409187.jpg

... I honestly have no explanation for those girls. It just SO CREEPY. I can't stand that dude!
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Atria35 (post: 1452239) wrote:http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0907/exceptions-twilight-pedophile-exceptions-creepy-edward-idiot-demotivational-poster-1247409187.jpg

... I honestly have no explanation for those girls. It just SO CREEPY. I can't stand that dude!

I like Edward. xD Yeah, I did find it kind of creepy that he would sneak into her room in the middle of the night and watch her sleep though. Bella didn't find that disturbing at all?
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Nate (post: 1452217) wrote:Pssh, no, Zelda is the guy who dresses in green and has a fairy. That chick doesn't even have a name, why would you give one to such a minor character?

Oh no, don't even go there... :shady:
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:14 pm

You didn't see it, but Laura just did the snapping zigzag complete with sideways headbob and said, "Oh no you di'n't!"
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:16 pm

I think I have socially awkward moments whenever I try to break an awkward silence. Or any silence.

Also, it kills me when I say something and the person doesn't respond quickly. I'll spend those thirty seconds or that minute thinking "Oh crap I said something weird again didn't I oh crap oh crap." Even though usually the person was just busy, or I had lag, or something else was going on. XD

And yes, most if not all my awkward moments nowadays occur in online interactions. I guess I don't worry about what my family and rl friends think of me as much. I assume they're used to my oddness. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:57 am

Today, as I was out for my daily constitutional, I saw a man riding by on a bicycle. Out of the corner of my eye, he looked like a hilarious dentist I know, so I smiled really big and waved at him. He stopped to talk to me.

As it turns out, he wasn't anybody I had ever met, and he didn't use words I could understand. I felt stupid, but at the same time it was really funny.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:55 pm

I needed a soda at the mall today, but didn't have any cash on me. So, I hopped into a convenience store to grab a drink... a convenience store that has a three dollar minimum for non-cash purchases. So, I had to run back and forth SEVERAL TIMES grabbing bags of candy until the total purchase made it over three dollars. Just once wouldn't have been so bad, but multiple times was just plain embarrassing.

(and as an added bonus, I was cosplaying as all this went occurred, so yeah)
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Rewin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:36 pm

kairo14 (post: 1451862) wrote:Well. I for one have the typical movie dude moments when a girl talks to me for the first time and I lose about 50% of my IQ, more than what I want to admit.

Don't feel so bad, my wife can still do that to me whenever she wants :sweat:
And I'm just socially awkward, end of story.
Mmmmmm, bacon.....
Rewin

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:50 pm

How about what I've done to my neighbors? About twice a month I manage to turn on one of the coils on my electric stove, and there's something burned on there that I just can't get off! So it starts burning even more. And the smoke alarm goes off. And it will go off for minutes at a time, until I can get rid of the smoke. I forget that it's the front coil that I love to cook on that has the burned stuff on it.
Atria35

Postby Rewin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:28 pm

How often have ya'll done this one?
You run into a random acquaintance somewhere:
Them: What's up?
You: Good........

Yeah, I always do that one.
Mmmmmm, bacon.....
Rewin

Postby Happyfeet » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:01 pm

A few months ago I was at my aunt's wedding to her second husband who was very rich I was sitting at a table with some people I didnt know really well. My cousin and her husband were there with their down syndrome kid named Alvin, My uncle who was getting wasted, and a friend of the groom.(he was an ex-ARMY dude with some mental disorder.)

My cousin was going on and on about how sad she was because she had a stillborn child. I leaned over to the army guy and joked, "How do you make a dead baby float?" Confused, he mumbled, "what?" To that I replied, "you take your boot off it's head."

My cousin's eyes welled up and she got up in tears and started sprinting out of the dining room. Her husband glared at me as he took off after his overemotional wife.

All the tables around us got very quiet, it was clear that a lot of people had heard my joke and several people gasped. The army dude just stared at me, but then, my uncle started snickering, then laughing, then he fell on the floor laughing so hard and loudly that everyone started staring at him. The Downie at the table said, "That wasn't very nice and stuff." before he went back to eating. I left soon after.

Oh, everyone was eating roast duck at the table.
Happyfeet

Haha!

Postby VioletRose » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:31 am

Actually, you are right about the girls liking Edward thing. I don't get it either...And I AM a girl! I think its kinda creepy, too. Idk...:)
GOD WILL make a way...but you have to make an effort!
VioletRose

Postby raider~joseph » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Ev'ry day im gravedigging

*Does the dance*

You wanna know whats sad. At least you all have gotten this far. Id probably fall in love with my stalker provided she was a she and in a 1 older younger (as in she is older or younger)year age range...id still lock my doors amd keep a tazer on me at all times.
The orbital friendship cannon is gone. But its LEGACY LIVES ON IN US!
FOR PONY, FOR STUFF, FOR LUNA!

"I can has roleplaying!"
raider~joseph

Previous

Return to Goof Off and Testing