Worst fanfic you've ever read?

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Worst fanfic you've ever read?

Postby Tarnish » Sat May 23, 2009 12:26 am

So I really, really want to read and rip on some horrible fanfiction, but I've been out of the game so long that I have no idea where to start. I mean, there's freaking thousands of categories, and almost all of the stories are exactly alike. I was kind of hoping someone here could give me a heads up.

As for me, the absolute worst I've ever read was My Immortal, though looking back, I'm pretty sure it was parody.
Tarnish

Postby Nate » Sat May 23, 2009 1:19 am

There is no end to horrible fanfiction. In fact I wrote quite a bit of it in high school that thankfully is lost forever to the ravages of time. I did basically EVERY thing you are not supposed to do in a fanfic. This included: self-insert, Sailor Moon crossover, OOC characters, you name it, I did it.

Well, except bad grammar. My grammar was always good, even when what I was writing was crap.

That said, there's so many horrible fanfics to list. Oscarfics, Thinkerfics, but one of the worst I read was a little gem called "The Life I Left Behind." In this, Usagi of Sailor Moon gets mad at Mamoru and becomes an evil tyrant bent on conquering the world and it gets crossed over with a bunch of other anime. It's pretty awful.

That, or another one called "Wild Senshi" in which Ranma gets superpowers by eating the Silver Crystal and is forced to power up the Sailor Moon characters by having sex with them.

They're both pretty awful.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tarnish » Sat May 23, 2009 1:21 am

I think I've read all of those.

Oh. And thanks for reminding me about Oscar you stupid jerk.
D:
Tarnish

Postby Nate » Sat May 23, 2009 1:24 am

I still say his Tiny Toons one was the worst of his fics, simply because everyone was horribly OOC and the plot was just...hideous.

I mean the Artemis one is bad, don't get me wrong. But at least it's SOMEWHAT believable. But Buster Bunny shooting DBZ ki attacks? That's just...there are no words to describe the horror.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tarnish » Sat May 23, 2009 1:28 am

Trying to declare which of Oscar's fics is, to me, like trying to determine which dead kitten is the saddest in a pile of dead kittens.

They're all equally horrifying.
Tarnish

Postby Althaia » Sun May 24, 2009 2:58 pm

i hate ones that just talk in text speak jeez i can't stand it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color=cyan]† [size=84]smile Jesus loves you[/SIZE][/color]

procastinators unite.......................tommorrow

[color=palegreen]So in times when all your hope is gone
And you go through life afraid
In your heart there lies a hopeful song
That is there to guide the way
And all the hurt and all the pain
You soon will learn was not in vain
For all your prayers, they will be heard
They'll come to pass through faith [/color]

[color=palegreen]~When you Believe from Prince of Egypt

[/color]
Althaia

Postby LadyRushia » Sun May 24, 2009 8:20 pm

My Immortal. Although if you've been on the internet you've probably read it. Not only is it badly written, but it's also hilarious because it's so bad.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Wed May 27, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm afraid the worst fanfics I've ever read were ones I wrote myself, so I plan on making sure they stay good any buried forever.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed May 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Oh, geez.

I have a special hatred for Mary Sues (my most recent fic is a parody of Bleach Mary Sues, gah). The worst one I ever read was on godawful fanfiction. The opening line was something like "Legolas and I went to Wal-Mart..." and it was all downhill from there. *head desk*
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby Ingemar » Thu May 28, 2009 1:09 pm

The CAA Free-For-Alls.

...wait...
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Thu May 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Doubleshadow (post: 1315102) wrote:Oh, geez.

I have a special hatred for Mary Sues (my most recent fic is a parody of Bleach Mary Sues, gah). The worst one I ever read was on godawful fanfiction. The opening line was something like "Legolas and I went to Wal-Mart..." and it was all downhill from there. *head desk*

Here, here LOL.

My Immortal? Wow, need to read that. I like reading horrible fanfics for entertainment. Sometimes, I think people deliberately do a bad job. It's just unbelievable.

Anyways, time to find that fanfic.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby Tarnish » Thu May 28, 2009 6:45 pm

If you're gonna look it up at all, try searching for the dramatic readings of it on YouTube. It is much, much funnier that way.
Tarnish

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu May 28, 2009 7:02 pm

Darkelfgirl, here are the first few chapters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3NTwvcAVEI

My goodness!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby GreenKnightFuu » Thu May 28, 2009 9:01 pm

I have to agree with Blitzkrieg about not liking my own work. The first fanfics I wrote, when I was new to anime, weren't very good at all. In particular I attempted to write a Pokémon/Sailor Moon/Tenchi Muyo fic, crossing over my three favorite animes at the time. Not only was it really complicated to pull off, but now that I think about it I'm not quite sure why I wrote it in the first place. (The only entertaining idea of that fic was Ayeka, Mihoshi, and Kiyone becoming Sailor Senshi - Sasami already had a magical girl form, Pretty Sammy, from the Tenchi canon - as part of a plan to rescue Ryoko from Team Rocket).

I myself haven't read too much anime fanfiction, so I can't really hold court on this issue in regards to others' fics.
Reneé
CLAMP Fanatic
GreenKnightFuu

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu May 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Oh good heavens D:

You know that Horton Hear's a Who? movie? 16 girls crossing Jojo with every female character. IN EXPLICIT DETAIL.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Shao Feng-Li

Postby PrincessZelda » Thu May 28, 2009 11:28 pm

LadyRushia (post: 1314536) wrote:My Immortal. Although if you've been on the internet you've probably read it. Not only is it badly written, but it's also hilarious because it's so bad.

This. XD Me and my friend used to read that for fun, haha
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Mr. Rogers » Fri May 29, 2009 12:01 am

I just solve the problem by never reading any fanfics. Ever.
Mr. Rogers

Postby chibiphonebooth » Fri May 29, 2009 8:46 am

some of the worst fanfics i've ever read were from this girl edenherionegirl.

actually, i was trying to find a link to give you you, and i found out that she has an ED page. XDDD

she wrote a lovely fanfic about vampire hedgehogs. it was hilarious. XDDD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Fri May 29, 2009 11:44 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1315270) wrote:Darkelfgirl, here are the first few chapters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3NTwvcAVEI

My goodness!

Oh, thanks, Warrior LOL!

Would you believe me if I said I read the ENTIRE "My Immortal" Fanfic yesterday and today? Wow, I'm surprised I'm not brain-dead. That chick seriously had to be a troll. No one could write so horribly. No one.

The chick has an ED page, too.

Wow. See, this is why I told my friends I have no faith in fanfics. There's just too much riff-raff, and a good fanfic is a needle in a haystack.
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby byrocat » Fri May 29, 2009 11:58 am

I'm trying to remember the proper name for it, and I may post the link to it.

This is the battle royal between the DC and Marvel universes. Single combat between the various superheroes and the loser gets converted to a big-boobed bimbo, with a malicious little twerp having the mental powers to punch superheroes between the two universes and to alter their anatomical and mental framework. HE's also got unlerior motives for doing so.... but then what do you expect from a 15-year-old pan-universal despot with overcharged hormone levels and under-developed moral imperatives?

Not even good hentai.....

Strangely enough, one of the best fanfic stories that I've read was by SpacerX based on the Love Hina plot -- the seperation of plot line from fiction is when the two main characters have an argument over declaring their love and she misses him with a watermelon -- he walks away and she goes back home (not the hotel) and the other girls realize that he's available. Story is called "The Kiss that Never Was". By fanfiction standards, this is squeaky-clean.

Content Warning: SpacerX is a hentai fiction writer so watch out for his other works. Your mind will be permanently warped with the current project...... Fortunately, my mind was already warped before I heard about this story.... Content rating is somewehre in excess of XXXXXX!
byrocat

Postby byrocat » Fri May 29, 2009 3:53 pm

The series is called "Universal COllission" and in found on superstories.net
http://www.superstories.net/story/story/38681.html

Warning: graphic, violent, over-endowed/under-brained females.
byrocat

Postby Doubleshadow » Fri May 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Cracked has an article entitled The 5 Most Baffling Sex Scenes in the History of Fanfiction with the summary "Weird, even for fanfiction". I haven't read them myself because the descriptions are horrifying enough. o.O;;

The pairings are as follows:
Picard and Elrond
Fred and George Weasley and Lance Bass from N*Sync
Dr. Frank N. Furter from Rocky Horror and Methos from Highlander
Indiana Jones and Lord Voldemort
Dr. McKay From Stargate Atlantis and Jason Fox from the comic strip Fox Trot

So far down the rabbit hole...
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby shooraijin » Fri May 29, 2009 6:45 pm

So, yeah, we're not going to continue down *that* article. o.O

You can pretty much put any Mary Sue in this category.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri May 29, 2009 7:14 pm

I think that some of the dramatic readings of My Immortal are genius...because the people can't help but laugh while reading it. The one guy who did chapter 17 (I can't find any more of his! *sad*) was great, the emotion he put into it was epic.
But it was horrible.
There is a reason I avoid most fanfictions.
Ante Bellum

Postby Peanut » Fri May 29, 2009 7:22 pm

As one who is slowly workind his way through My Immortal via dramatic readings...I have to say that while it is painfully bad, its incredibly entertaining. It's like a train wreck, horrible but you just can't look away.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri May 29, 2009 8:48 pm

The reading I mentioned is so epic you want to listen to it over and over.
Ante Bellum

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 30, 2009 5:54 am

Until the End of Time by Gofer-Chan
It's a crossover between--and I swear I'm not making this up--
Dragonball Z and The Diary of Anne Frank
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby wildpurplechild » Sat May 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Let's see... The worst I've probably read was Naruto characrters+OC who was a mermaid+bad grammar.
I don't finish most fanfics I find too weird or bad, like this one.
wildpurplechild

Postby KumaruRockz » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Can anyone give me a link to a hilariously bad fanfic? I can´t find My Immortal.

EDIT:Nvm I found it lol. Lolz.
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby Neane » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:42 pm

I once read a Harry Potter Fan-Fic that had a Hedwig x Hagrid romance in it. [That was a while ago.] But the worst ones I have read are Troll Fics and the infamous The Novelty of the Time Shadow Grave fan-fic. The most awful Wh40k fanfiction ever. Listen to it here.
Neane

Next

Return to Goof Off and Testing