Home Made BISHIES :3 Girls only!

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Home Made BISHIES :3 Girls only!

Postby Souba » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:07 pm

Hey gals,
I noticed in the bishie thread some pics of home made bishies were being posted so I thought hey why not have a home made bishie thread? :sweat: Come we know what we like to see in our bishies and since we all have different tastes I'm sure we will see all types of our custom made bishies so please gals don't be shy to share. Remember to post a small bio of the character you can put his name and stats even what inspired you to draw him. Btw you can pm me with any questions. :)
God Bless,
Souba

So to head things off here is one of mine:

This is Silver Pennon from my manga DarkWorld and inspired by Kadaj. I just love him! :drool:

[color=DeepSkyBlue]Stats
Hair: Silver
Eyes: Green

He is the right hand man to Zexfire Castle, although he often disagrees with Castle's methods, he remains loyal to him as his father had been before him, but when he meets Kara that might all change.

[/color]
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby Ashley » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:14 pm

Woo, purty. *chants* Riv-ey! Riv-ey! Or Kiern, he's nice too. (Ink-sensei should know who I'm talking about)
Ashley

Postby Debitt » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:20 pm

*gaspeth!* I love the tattoo under his eye! X3 <3

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby inkhana » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:22 pm

Ashley's asking for a beating...X3 Nothing to see here folks, keep moving >.> *runaway*

But yesssss, I love the tattoo as well XD

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Debitt » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:28 pm

Following suit..this is Torres. :grin: I love Torres alot. He has blue hair, green eyes, and a red gemstone in the middle of his forehead. He's 22 years old, 1/4 celestial being, and he likes stabbing things. Like, a lot. He's not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I love him nonthless. :sweat:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Debitt

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:29 pm

YAY! My kinda thread.

This is Arian Aizer. Pretty face, terrible attitude. >.> He's about 17 years old, 5'5", black hair, light blue eyes. This sketch of him was drawn by Inky :D Anyway, he's a character in one of my stories. Don't let the expression fool you-- he's a hateful little thing, but I love him anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Souba » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:32 pm

Wow the awesome Ash posted in the thread, must be a good sign! :lol:
Oh cool two pics already!
Kokoro Daisuke I love the diamond shape on his forhead, sounds like a very interesting story. Good job! :D
ShiroiHikari very pretty drawing, it's really very good! The earring is a nice touch, too bad he's a bad boy... cute bad boy... ;)

Thanks guys, I really love anime guys in black suits but then again I love to real life see guys in black suits! :sweat: So yeah I had to have Silver in one and the tatto has a signifigant meaning but you won't know that until I finish the manga. ;) Anyway, I hope everyone has fun posting their projects here!
God Bless,
Souba

Souba

Postby Hephzibah » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:09 pm

Ashley wrote:Woo, purty. *chants* Riv-ey! Riv-ey! Or Kiern, he's nice too. (Ink-sensei should know who I'm talking about)

I know who you are talking about! I think I have a picture somewhere...
*goes through all her pictures*
errm...
YES! I found one! Here we go:
(this is the one you were referring to right?)

Edit: btw, I forgot to say that those pictures are spiffy!! Yay for homemade Bishies!!
Hephzibah

Postby inkhana » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:09 am

Ack! Oh Talame, I can't believe you saved that horrible old thing ^^;;

Anyway...I'll go ahead and add in a couple since I'll lose my job if I don't. (hehehe) Yay for Rivey and Kiern?...<.< >.> Their stories are in a state of quantum flux so...I can't really give any details cuz I don't precisely know them myself.

Stats:

Rivalen (no last name yet)
Hair: Red
Eyes: Mint green

Kiern (also no last name yet)
Hair: Light blue
Eyes: Gray

Kiern's only concepts right now, so he probably won't look like that later. (I don't like his face anyway) and Rivey...well, he's Rivey, anyway. ^^;; Oh! Actually if you want a rough idea of Kiern's colors, look at the CM banner at the top of the forum :3 Old design, but the colors are still the same.

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:21 am

<.<
>.>
Does that mean I can swamp the home-made bishie thread with the old pictures of Rivey? XD I discovered where I put them all! And what do you mean "that horrible old thing"?!?!?! I would.. well... not *kill* someone.. but I would do alot to be able to draw like that XD

Edit: btw, since this thread is about the characters we have created, can I take the liberty of asking some questions? I am rather interested in being able to draw in a manga style, and have a few stories brewing around.

Okedokey... (this is adressed to ALL!)
1) How long have you been drawing
2) what is your hardest part to draw?
3) How did you conquer that difficultly (eg, I am having a real hard time of drawing hands, legs, feet and arms)
4) How did you come up with the idea for your own bishies (ie hair style, clothes, personality... anything!)
5) ... I'll think up later :sweat:

Edit x2 : i haven't said it yet, but I absolutely LOVE your avie Inky!
Hephzibah

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:19 am

: : goes off to draw a bishounen so he can be the first guy to contribute : :

.rai//
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Ashley » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:17 am

KYAAAAAAAAA! Ink-sensei posted! *swoons*
Ashley

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:40 am

*shakes head* I think I'll be starting another thread now about homemade bishoujos and putting Melody and Cynthia there. :lol: *runs out of thread before anyone notices*
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby inkhana » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:59 am

Does that mean I can swamp the home-made bishie thread with the old pictures of Rivey? XD I discovered where I put them all!

Don't make me get the mod stick and hit you with it. :evil:

but I absolutely LOVE your avie Inky!

Thanks! It makes me laugh XD

And now, the questions! :D

Hmm...since I was a very little kid. But I wasn't serious about it until I was a teenager.

Hands. (unless perspective counts, in which case...perspective)

3) How did you conquer that difficultly (eg, I am having a real hard time of drawing hands, legs, feet and arms)

Stiiiiill working on it. XD Although lots of practice using my own hands as models really helps.

4) How did you come up with the idea for your own bishies (ie hair style, clothes, personality... anything!)

Stuff just hits me out of thin air usually. I just doodle. Heck, Rivalen evolved out of a doodle, so...>.>

5) ... I'll think up later

Standing by for more questions! *Salute*

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:17 pm

Well...I'm more of a writer than an artist. After all, Inky drew that picture of Arian for me XD So...when there are some writing questions, I shall answer X3
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Souba » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:23 pm

Talame wrote:Okedokey... (this is adressed to ALL!)
5) ... I'll think up later :sweat:

You boys, shoo shoo shoo! Lol! Just Kidding, actually if you want to post some of your creations and see if our keen choice of highly certified panel of gals likes them. :lol:

Wow, Inkhana, those are nice! :3
I see a bit of Sephiroth in one but with those glasses, makes him look smart.
The other one is very very nice looking, and I love the outfit that is super creative! Good Job! :drool:

1) On and off all my life, but I never did it seriously until about two years ago.
2) I think for me it can be the shape of the face sometimes, but I'm getting better. :)
3) Just practice and looking at lots of reference material(mangas, mags, comics, anime, etc.) including a book called Super Character Design and Poses V.1 by You Kusano.
4) My bishies are based on what I find attractive in other characters, like getting the best of each one. For example I like Kadaj so the hair color, but I wanted it longer, then the Reno Tattoo, and black suit, Silver was born.
:sweat:
5) Then I shall answer later... :thumb:

God Bless,
Souba

Souba

Postby That Dude » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:32 pm

Woot! I beat you to it Rai! Here are two random bishie's that I've drawn...You can take the guy with the coat off if the lack of shirt is a problem.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Debitt » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:17 pm

1) How long have you been drawing? - Anime/manga style since I was about 10 or 11.

2) what is your hardest part to draw? - Hands are the hardest part for me, though I do have trouble proportioning the shoulders and legs, too.

3) How did you conquer that difficultly? - Looking at a lot of references and taking pictures my brother to look over

4) How did you come up with the idea for your own bishies (ie hair style, clothes, personality... anything!) - For a serious project, I usually determine the type of character I want (I usually build off a stereotype) and modify the basic idea to death. For stuff like goofy RPs, I'll do anything. One of my characters was created because I wanted someone who liked the color orange, and my bishie Kyuu-chan (short for Qwerty) came to being, well, because I commented that Qwerty sounded like a really weird name. :lol: I'm a strange person

And another contribution, Raiyuu Sen, 13-year-old white mage and the main character of my current fantasy novel in production. The color of the kimono was kinda random. ^^; I asked my friend what color it should be, and she told me "pink", so pink it was. The poor thing always gets made fun of - he's not really supposed to be effeminate, but he has a baby-face and he's naive. =X

Debitt

Postby Ashley » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:18 pm

Aww, that dude I want to hug both your boys! Excellent work in both of em! :3

lol, Kokoro, somehow I think if I were a guy I'd be Raiyuu Sen. :lol:
Ashley

Postby Souba » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:48 pm

Wow That Dude your character resembles Squall from FF9, even the scar is simular, and I love that little Jacket good job! :)
Interesting character Kokoro Daisuke, needless to say I absolutely love the colors you chose, especially the different color hair! That shows a huge amount of creativity! Awesome job! :thumb:
God Bless,
Souba

Souba

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:24 am

He's so cute, Kokoro :3
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby That Dude » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:54 am

Okedokey... (this is adressed to ALL!)
Um probably since I was like 2 or something

The body in motion, I have a hard time with feet also.

Draw it a lot. Also just drawing it from real life. Sketching from real life helps a whole lot.

I just start drawing and it just usually appears on the paper...For ones I actually use as characters I just keep drawing people till I find one that I thing looks like it'd make a good character.

5) ... I'll think up later
I'll answer later...

Here is some more random guys of mine. The first is from a comic that I've been messing with for a while...I don't have a name for him though...You gals can come up with a name if you want. Thanks for the compliments ya'll!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:32 pm

Dude, I LOOOVE your drawings *swoon* <3 XD;;

I'm posting a character from one of my stories (he actually hasn't really gotten into the plot yet, but I have him well planned in). He's pure evil no matter how bishie he looks. Not even a fun evil like Sephiroth.. nope, pure pure evil <.<;; ANYHOW, I've actually shaded this picture more in my sketchbook, but I've been too lazy to re-scan it.

1) How long have you been drawing -- I started teaching myself how to draw seriously in 7th grade and I was finally able to take a real art class last year *celebration*
2) what is your hardest part to draw? -- Anatomy in general T__T hands and legs and feet and shoulder and.... ect.
3) How did you conquer that difficultly (eg, I am having a real hard time of drawing hands, legs, feet and arms): Well, I hide them or don't draw them XD;; Actually though, I get references and stuff. I like sketching from photos/pictures the most but sketching from real life is easier than just going from my mind too. Its also nice to have someone critique my stuff and tell me what to fix (people offline... not so much online since I've already gone through the trouble of scanning it if they're seeing it. I don't have a scanner in my room and its a big hassle to go through the process of getting the pics on my computer)
4) How did you come up with the idea for your own bishies (ie hair style, clothes, personality... anything!) -- Most of them are just random sketches that become bishies, but I also draw people from my story and so they have a little more character. But I don't develope their characters through the drawing, their character is developed through the story first ^^;

I'll only answer more questions if you give me a cookie.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Debitt » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:24 pm

*_* Mmm, kitty boy~ :hug: EVIL kitty boy! XD

And Dude...that first picture...ish so lovely. o.o

Debitt

Postby Souba » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:09 pm

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:*_* Mmm, kitty boy~ :hug: EVIL kitty boy! XD

And Dude...that first picture...ish so lovely. o.o

Lol! I feel so honered that Kawaiikneko not only stopped by my humble thread, but has also contributed her homemade bishie! Very good Kawai, but yeah he looks like he's a bad boy. :3

That Dude I love that first drawing, he looks very good, pity he has his hand in front of his face in that next. :/ Very good job everyone, it awesome to see so many talented artists here!

Well here is another bishie of mine Zexfire Castle from DarkWorld:

Stats
Hair: Black
Eyes: Gold-Red

He is the President of Tearis Co, although he is clever, strong, and cunning, he is also mad. His continuing pursuit of power has leads him to take extreme measures in gaining it.

God Bless,
Souba

Souba

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:52 pm

Here is some more random guys of mine. The first is from a comic that I've been messing with for a while...I don't have a name for him though...You gals can come up with a name if you want. Thanks for the compliments ya'll!

His name shall be either:
AKAKIOS m Greek, Ancient Greek
Means "innocent, not evil" from Greek; a, a negative prefix, combined with kake "evil". This was the name of three early saints, two of whom were martyred.

OR
SOTIRIS m Greek
Derived from Greek soteria meaning "salvation".

Choose what you will depending on his character.
My job here is done!

Btw, thanks for answering the questions everyone :grin: Also, those new pictures are absolutely spiffy! X3

I'll only answer more questions if you give me a cookie.

<.<
>.>
*throws cookie at kawaiineko*

Actually, I can't really think of any more drawing questions. (and drat... almost everyone said practise is important :sweat: Isn't there a quick-5min-remedy? :lol: )

Well...I'm more of a writer than an artist. After all, Inky drew that picture of Arian for me XD So...when there are some writing questions, I shall answer X3

Okedokey then!
These questions shall be in relation to stories.

1) Which do you usually determine first... the genre (eg fantasy) or the general plot?
2) How do you develop your stories? EG: Do you start from the beginning and just write, or do you think up different scenarios you want in the story and play 'connect the dots/scenes?
3) How do you come up with names for your characters?
4) Which character is your favourite?
5) How do you determine the personality of your character?

Don't make me get the mod stick and hit you with it. :evil:

Awoo! :sniffle: Don't be mean Ink-san!
Hephzibah

Postby Kawaiikneko » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:01 pm

Lol! I feel so honered that Kawaiikneko not only stopped by my humble thread, but has also contributed her homemade bishie! Very good Kawai, but yeah he looks like he's a bad boy. :3

HA! Wow honored huh? That's a new one... *gets all swelled up with pride*

COOKIE~ woot. I suppose I can answer now.

1) Which do you usually determine first... the genre (eg fantasy) or the general plot? -- I think up the plot first... and the genre just kinda goes with that. I don't write any specific genre, just whatever happens to come out. I guess my current stories would be mostly fantasy o.o;; I don't like writing real life as much, so fantasy is kinda the default.
2) How do you develop your stories? EG: Do you start from the beginning and just write, or do you think up different scenarios you want in the story and play 'connect the dots/scenes? -- I'm currently re-writing the beginning section of my main story. I'm just always getting new ideas and I build onto my worlds as the thoughts come to mind. It helps to have a little notebook ^^; Currently I'm REALLY developing a certain country in my world - down to the ruler's personality even though I'll probably never write him besides in passing dialogue on politics. I'm even naming everyone on a certain street and writing a small little history on them so I can really bring them to life.
3) How do you come up with names for your characters? -- I'm just a good name maker-uper. They just pop out of my head. I basically put random letters together and they sound good ^^;
4) Which character is your favourite? -- I love writing evil character .__. I loved writing Cree's father in *plug* Raven's Tears
5) How do you determine the personality of your character? -- They just come out as I'm writing. If I chose a very particular personality for my character I'd never really be able to get it right. I've been told I do dialogue best, and so I just develope the personality as I write that. Its like the characters have a mind of their own XD;

Tis all~

Edit: Oh yeah! XD;; nice pics! I like the middle one~
Kawaiikneko

Postby Debitt » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:24 pm

1) Which do you usually determine first... the genre (eg fantasy) or the general plot? - Usually I go basic plot > genre > plot details

2) How do you develop your stories? EG: Do you start from the beginning and just write, or do you think up different scenarios you want in the story and play 'connect the dots/scenes? - I could NEVER go from start to finish. I jump around, ALWAYS. :grin: I can't keep good ideas flowing in chrnological order, I guess.

3) How do you come up with names for your characters? - I usually pull stuff out of the air. I start with a normal name I like and tweak it. x3

4) Which character is your favourite? - Either Torres or my cat-type-person, Korrid. Korrid's a cynical, jaded writer who lives in the shadow of his more amiable twin. =3 I can relate to both of them very well, in a strange sort of way.

5) How do you determine the personality of your character? - Usually I come up with something very basic based on the role I want them to play in the story. Then I talk about them to people, and as I do they tend to sprout other characteristics and take on a life of their own. ^__^ I know several of my characters started out WAY different than they are now, especially Raiyuu and Torres.

Debitt

Postby inkhana » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:35 pm

Awoo! Don't be mean Ink-san!

-_- Ahhhh, I couldn't hit you anyway...you're too nice and I'm not mean enough. :lol:

Ah, I like your baby Raiyuu, Kokoro! He's so cute!

Eee, can I answer the writing questions too? ~

1) Which do you usually determine first... the genre (eg fantasy) or the general plot?

Plot, usually. Sometimes I change genre XD;

2) How do you develop your stories? EG: Do you start from the beginning and just write, or do you think up different scenarios you want in the story and play 'connect the dots/scenes?

I'm a horrible connect-the-dots person. I end up with hundreds of notes and try to put them all together...^^;;

3) How do you come up with names for your characters?

Trial and error. Naming books are my friend, but I have a hard time choosing. It's very rare that I know what a character's name will be until well after their creation.

4) Which character is your favourite?

...*head explodes*

5) How do you determine the personality of your character?

Usually, for me, the personality has a big hand in actually -defining- the character, so I already know. Like "I have this mean guy who does such-and-such, and he happens to be a soldier from blahblah" or whatever XD

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Tarnish » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:45 pm

I'd post some of mine, but looking at these they're all pretty insignificant...
O_O
*drools upon prettiness*
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Next

Return to Goof Off and Testing