VBS Buddy

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

VBS Buddy

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:24 pm

For VBS I play a dog named Sherpa. I got the ears (complete with squeek action!) and the tail. Anyway..this one boy was so facinated with me. While we waited for VBS 2 other kids and my friends went into another room to play. The 3 kids pretended to be my puppies ( it gets crazier) and ya know they wanted tails and collars and such (cuz I had one) well after when VBS started the boy was really clingy and was calling me Daddy (told ya) He wanted me to stay with him the whole time. Well after VBS was over for the night my friend's mom was saying how his mom is a single parent and that she gets the clings 24/7. She said im a blessing to his mom cuz she gets to have some free time and stuff. Plus Im like his best friend now :) So I feel kinda good that im chaning a child's life a bit not to metion his mother's. So I guess im making the dogs around the world proud that im keeping the "mans best friend" code alive! :lol:
Jesus is comming soon! RUE? / F.K.A. KabinShushiSora
Jephtih Mullins

Postby Gleph » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:08 am

Bless that man. That's great news :)

God Bless
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Postby Master Kenzo » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:11 am

That's a great story, although, it was, as you said, crazy. Praise God.

But, one thing...what's VBS?
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:15 am

I didn't think of it until my friend's mom said so and then I felt like finally God has decided to use me in someones life
Jephtih Mullins

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:07 am

Master Kenzo wrote:But, one thing...what's VBS?

Vacation Bible School. We started ours this week. God is doing a great work. I live in the south were racial divisions are still evident sadly. Well this year our VBS went a step further than it ever has before. We have gone interracial. We have a mixture of White, African American, and Hispanic children attending. I truely believe that because of this step the church is taking, God is preparing us for a far greater and exciting work in the days ahead.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Jephtih Mullins » Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:06 pm

I can't wait to see what tonight will bring. We are suppose to get a thunderstorm tonight so I hope if it happens during VBS not all the kids will be scared...if so, Sherpa to the rescue!
Jephtih Mullins

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth