My sermon was good!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

My sermon was good!

Postby Benu » Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:22 pm

Yo Benu here, I'd just like to thank you guys for praying for me this week. I'm all better from being sick but my voice is straned from preaching. My voice is kinda outta wack. It does that when I talk alot. Anyway God got me through the whole sermon but I studderd so much and my hands started to sweat like crazy. But i got scared before because it was a youth service and I heard some of the youth from my church were gonna be there. I know if they heard the way I would have spoke today they would be laughing there heads off. :sniffle: But they did not show up and really the church I preached at was almost empty. The funny thing was all the youth there at that church were deaf. So they had an interpeter there but they really didn't know what I sounded like so that was cool. And the pastor there pray for me after that when I would preach I wouldn't studder. But the cool thing about this was that for years people have been say a profetic word that I am going to be a great teacher for God. This day was the start of that. So I thank God and I thank you guys for all your prayers!!!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
"We join the "Christian" club and separate ourselves from the world, and the world still sits on the outside, dying for someone to demonstrate what it means to believe." - Matthew Paul Turner
Benu

Postby Rashiir » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:13 pm

Way to go man. We knew you could do it. And so did He.
Rashiir

Postby shooraijin » Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:28 am

Right on :)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Master Kenzo » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:21 am

:thumb:
I'm back to make a post or two every couple years...
Master Kenzo

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:56 am

God is good. Glad everything went well. I'll continue to pray that He will use you in many ways in the days ahead.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:15 pm

Good news indeed.
uc pseudonym

Postby Gleph » Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:13 am

Awesome stuff! And keep looking to God. Hope things continue to go well...

God Bless
Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Gleph

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth